>> April 1, 2012 - Disney Dream Spring Break Frenzy! <<

We started our packing today... I can honestly say we are big over packers, I always worry that we won't have enough or will want to wear something different.. crazy I know but I accept that I have that problem. :smickey:

Can't believe in 2 weeks from today we will be in Cape Canaveral watching the Fantasy depart... wow.. hard to believe that it's almost here and that we will be having fun in the sun..:beach:

I have my FE, FE gifts, FE participant list, zip ties, and door magnets packed in a large carry-on duffel. :thumbsup2 I actually did that last Saturday. :) Tomorrow, I plan to pack everything else except our dress clothes. I'm definitely a firm believer in early packing! :cool2: For me, packing early helps to make the last few days prior to a big trip less stressful. :angel:

I am soooooooooooo ready to be back onboard the Dream!!!!!!! :goodvibes

I have my FE, FE gifts, FE participant list, zip ties, and door magnets packed in a large carry-on duffel. :thumbsup2 I actually did that last Saturday. :) Tomorrow, I plan to pack everything else except our dress clothes. I'm definitely a firm believer in early packing! :cool2: For me, packing early helps to make the last few days prior to a big trip less stressful. :angel:

We have to find something to hold our door magnet, as it's a foam life preserver, plus the magnets and other smaller things... always seems like you say, oh yeah and oh yeah and... crazy. but cannot wait to see the ship for the first time... so exciting. :cloud9:

We have to find something to hold our door magnet, as it's a foam life preserver, plus the magnets and other smaller things... always seems like you say, oh yeah and oh yeah and... crazy. but cannot wait to see the ship for the first time... so exciting. :cloud9:

Can you attach magnets to your foam life preserver? I'm really sorry to tell you that DCL had to ban the use of tape and other adhesives due to lots of damage to stateroom doors. That goes for inside the cabin, too. :guilty:

Can you attach magnets to your foam life preserver? I'm really sorry to tell you that DCL had to ban the use of tape and other adhesives due to lots of damage to stateroom doors. That goes for inside the cabin, too. :guilty:

No worries Deb and thanks so much for the tip.. My husband read about that on this site and actually figured out how to Gorilla Glue a magnet to the back so that it will stay up. It's been on our basement door for about a month now and even with the kids coming it/out still there.. thanks goodness. We also have our Disboard family magnet and a few other special little things.. excited about putting this up..

Can't wait to see everyone's doors.. will be fun.

No worries Deb and thanks so much for the tip.. My husband read about that on this site and actually figured out how to Gorilla Glue a magnet to the back so that it will stay up. It's been on our basement door for about a month now and even with the kids coming it/out still there.. thanks goodness. We also have our Disboard family magnet and a few other special little things.. excited about putting this up..

Can't wait to see everyone's doors.. will be fun.

That's wonderful! I can't wait to see it in person! :) It looks great in your avatar!

That's wonderful! I can't wait to see it in person! :) It looks great in your avatar!

My DH has had so much fun putting all the special items together for the cruise, from the door magnet, April 1st logo, pirate clothes, everything.. it's been wonderful and I will be he has more fun on the cruise than the rest of us. :woohoo: But not by much.. he he:rolleyes1

My DH has had so much fun putting all the special items together for the cruise, from the door magnet, April 1st logo, pirate clothes, everything.. it's been wonderful and I will be he has more fun on the cruise than the rest of us. :woohoo: But not by much.. he he:rolleyes1

Very, very cool! :) My DH, is just the opposite. :sad2: Although he enjoys being "on vacation" once we reach our destination, he isn't the least bit interested in any of the planning or preparations. Basically, he humors me. ;)

Deb T., where can I get zip ties?

WOW. I am SUPER impressed with you early packers!!! :worship: I have piles hidden in my closet, but nothing packed, and definitely not everything together yet. This warm weather is WONDERFUL, but my kids only have so many shorts that fit them still from last year, and they're wearing them now! Supposed to be this warm for another week, so it might be next weekend before I get to set those aside. I did get this huge wave of motivation to finally catch up on laundry and housework today after a couple of weeks of craziness around here (my kids have another musical this weekend and hubby had district concert band contest tonight - they got straight 1's, i.e. highest score!!!:banana:). So, got rocking and rolling on the laundry, then on like the third load, it filled up with all the water, I put my clothes and detergent in, and it STOPPED. As in NOTHING HAPPENED. :scared1: Long story short, we'll be meeting the nice repairman who agreed to come out on a weekend during the day tomorrow. We simply don't have the knowledge or time to try to do this ourselves...not good timing! He thinks it will be an easy fix based on my description, so here's hoping!! :scared:

Planning on dropping the kids off at my parents' house for a few hours tomorrow so Mommy and Daddy can have a "lunch date" - i.e. come back to the house and get our FE gifts done without them around! Hopefully we can be productive with that!

Back to watching the Madness. It sure was fun to watch everyone's brackets explode with that Duke loss tonight (don't think there are Duke fans on here, if so, sorry!). :cheer2:

Erin

Well...I have the 9 yr old into it, lol! I don't get it, it just looks like Legos and they build stuff.....thats what I get out of it. He would like to watch youtube to tell him how to build other stuff, but I had to stop that because the language of some people was not appropriate.

That's exactly my problem. The other players don't realize that they are playing with an 8yo and the language is atrocious. One time I actually got on the game and yelled at the gamers (most likely college students) and informed them that they were playing with a child. TOTALLY embarassed my son! I hope he doesn't figure out that the game is available on the ipod touch. He does watch the youtube videos when he thinks no one is paying attention...

Deb T., where can I get zip ties?

Hardware stores (Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, etc.) carry packs of them with several sizes in a package. I've seen them in some dollar stores, too. For the FE, you'll need a zip tie that's at least 8" long. In a pinch, you can connect two smaller zip ties to make one long enough (learned that the hard way!). I also use the small zip ties on our luggage after it's been through the security screening. Just be sure to pack a very small pair of scissors. If you only take carry-on luggage (like me!), the scissor blades must be less than 4". :thumbsup2

WOW. I am SUPER impressed with you early packers!!! :worship: I have piles hidden in my closet, but nothing packed, and definitely not everything together yet. This warm weather is WONDERFUL, but my kids only have so many shorts that fit them still from last year, and they're wearing them now! Supposed to be this warm for another week, so it might be next weekend before I get to set those aside. I did get this huge wave of motivation to finally catch up on laundry and housework today after a couple of weeks of craziness around here (my kids have another musical this weekend and hubby had district concert band contest tonight - they got straight 1's, i.e. highest score!!!:banana:). So, got rocking and rolling on the laundry, then on like the third load, it filled up with all the water, I put my clothes and detergent in, and it STOPPED. As in NOTHING HAPPENED. :scared1: Long story short, we'll be meeting the nice repairman who agreed to come out on a weekend during the day tomorrow. We simply don't have the knowledge or time to try to do this ourselves...not good timing! He thinks it will be an easy fix based on my description, so here's hoping!! :scared:

Planning on dropping the kids off at my parents' house for a few hours tomorrow so Mommy and Daddy can have a "lunch date" - i.e. come back to the house and get our FE gifts done without them around! Hopefully we can be productive with that!

Back to watching the Madness. It sure was fun to watch everyone's brackets explode with that Duke loss tonight (don't think there are Duke fans on here, if so, sorry!). :cheer2:

Erin

Here's pixiedust: pixie dust pixiedust: that your washer is as good as new after the repairman leaves. :hug:

It's amazing that you've been able to keep "the big secret" for so long. :) Your kids are going to be sooooo surprised!!!!

Not a Duke fan, but had them in my bracket, darn it. But, so did everyone else in our extended family... and I'm winning overall..... so far. :woohoo:

Here's pixiedust: pixie dust pixiedust: that your washer is as good as new after the repairman leaves. :hug:

It's amazing that you've been able to keep "the big secret" for so long. :) Your kids are going to be sooooo surprised!!!!

Not a Duke fan, but had them in my bracket, darn it. But, so did everyone else in our extended family... and I'm winning overall..... so far. :woohoo:

Thank you!! Unfortunately, it wasn't what he thought it was going to be, but fortunately he can fix it. He just doesn't carry this part on his truck. He'll have the part by Monday morning and be here before lunch to fix. Super nice guy, that's always a plus since you never know what you're gonna get...

Yes, we're still a little shocked that we've been able to keep this secret, but they really have NO clue. DD sat here this morning telling the repairman all about their upcoming trip to Disney World this June. Love it! :laughing:

I think EVERYONE had Duke in their bracket. I'm just not a fan, so I was happy to see them be the ones who messed my bracket up! DH is now dropping the kids off at my parents (they live right up the road), so we can get some FE work done. Then we'll head over there to watch the Buckeyes (hopefully) win, as well as do a few loads of laundry!! :laundy:

Erin

Hardware stores (Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, etc.) carry packs of them with several sizes in a package. I've seen them in some dollar stores, too. For the FE, you'll need a zip tie that's at least 8" long. In a pinch, you can connect two smaller zip ties to make one long enough (learned that the hard way!). I also use the small zip ties on our luggage after it's been through the security screening. Just be sure to pack a very small pair of scissors. If you only take carry-on luggage (like me!), the scissor blades must be less than 4". :thumbsup2

We bought cable ties in Target in a multisize pack. I love Target! Do you loop the cable tie around the fish somehow to stop it coming off? I put strings on my FE and have heavily personalised it so it wouldn't be of any use to anyone who isn't called Wendy, Gary, Caitlin and Rebecca Jackson from the UK!

I've never been a huge basketball fan, but my team has made it to this point and I'm determined to follow them through to the end! :happytv: We're in the Midwest bracket and play Ohio tomorrow. I'm holding out hope that we win this one, but if we do, we're most likely up against UNC and DF is not holding his breath on us winning that! :scared1: So, now I find myself checking out the brackets and crossing my fingers....

:cheer2: Go BULLS! U-S-F! :cheer2:

We bought cable ties in Target in a multisize pack. I love Target!

I love Target, too! :)

Do you loop the cable tie around the fish somehow to stop it coming off?

Yes - you should loop the zip/cable tie around the back of the fish/starfish/seahorse and through somewhere on your FE, then pull tight enough that someone can't lift it up over the fish/starfish/seahorse, but not so tight that you can't get scissors under it to cut it off on the last night.

I put strings on my FE and have heavily personalised it so it wouldn't be of any use to anyone who isn't called Wendy, Gary, Caitlin and Rebecca Jackson from the UK!

Unfortunately, there have been many reports on the DIS where FE's, FE gifts, and door magnets have been taken or moved, even personalized ones. Over the course of 12 Disney cruises, we've only had a few magnets disappear and also had a few FE gifts taken from our FE. A couple of times, I could see that our FE had been messed with, but fortunately I always secure it well with zip ties. I've also gotten in the habit of bringing in any cherished magnets during the night and setting them back out in the morning, and we check our FE for surprises frequently throughout the day.

WOW couldn't sleep this morning, just keep thinking that in 2 weeks I would be waking up (if I slept at all) in sunny FLA getting ready to depart on this amazing adventure. :cloud9:
As a first time Disney cruiser, part of the excitement is not knowing what to expect, from checkin to lunch, the sail away deck party.. looking at our room for the first time.. all these things.
Then the additional excitement of finally meeting all the wonderful people from the DISboards, these amazing people who have been giving advice, sharing bits and pieces of our lives, really becoming friends virtually... can't wait to put faces to names, have the kids meet, have others to share the same feeling of excitement. :tink:

Well my friends... two weeks down, soon we will be counting the hours, then minutes before we are "Living the Disney Dream"

Have a wonderful Sunday... and for all the basketball fans, I hope your team wins. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter