>> April 1, 2012 - Disney Dream Spring Break Frenzy! <<

We are super excited as well! Christopher, we would love to have the maps. I represent the Dobo, Davis, Kaplan, Brown, and the Girls' stateroom and no one has a nut allergy in any of the 5 cabins.

Our door magnets are finished and wrapping up the FE gifts. Working for Vacation, we are likely to have extra. I'll get back to you about that soon. We are cabin 9552 DW - Michelle, DH - George, DD10 - Allison, and DS8 - Scott.

I have to share - Scott, got his Black Belt tonight!:banana:

Congratulations to your son Scott!! That is an awesome achievement. I saw the picture and your post on FB. Was the boy who was turning around looking at the camera your son??
Connor earned his Bo Dan black belt in Tae Kwon Do in Sept 2011 and just participated in the pre-test for his 1st degree. We found out last night that he past the test and is eligible to test at the end of April. His next step is to pass Endurance Day, again. I barely survived all this last year.

TO all FE participants:
Regarding the FE map...Christopher sent me an email last night with an updated map that includes both FE #1 and #2. I will resend the map to the people who got the first version and also include the email addresses that I just received. If I don't have your email address I can't send the map before the cruise. I tried to figure out how to PM, but I couldn't do it!

Working For Vacation: Please respond here or to the email address I PM'd you about participation in a customized FE. I have had a few people who are willing to include your family but I need to know that you are interested in me putting this group together. Thank You!! :woohoo:

Debbie

Hey All FE Participants...

I have updated my spreadsheets with the email addresses that I was given and just sent everyone the FE map that Christopher made. If you feel that you gave me your email address and you didn't get the map, let me know I may have lost your PM in the mass amount of PM's I have been getting lately.

Thanks everyone!!
Debbie

Hello all.

I have just emailed a new FE map to Debbie. I decided to go ahead and include both FE's on one map but color coded them to ease your searching.

FE Group 1 is in black

FE Group 2 is in red

Since Deb T is in both hers looks like this: Deb T

I have also included our late arrivals who are doing the mini FE with a few of you. Their name is in Blue

I have asked Debbie to send this new map to all that she has emails for but I will also print copies and bring them to the initial meet before the muster and if you are not in attendance there will leave one at your room that first evening.

I do have a question for my FE 1 Group: Does anyone have an allergy to nuts?

Only 2 more Mondays of work!!!!!

Christopher

Got the map, Thanks Christopher!!! I think I might be going NUTS (assessments this week for students and parent teacher conferences the two nights before our morning flight out!!) but no nut allergies in our cabin.
:)

Trying to figure out what to do the day we get off the ship....still clueless!!! Our flight isn't until 848PM out of MCO. Any suggestions??? Kids are 5, 5, and 9, theme parks are a possible option, just wondering if will be too much to squeeze in a day. We are already doing Downtown Disney before the cruise also.

Hello fellow cruisers! :banana::cool1:

I'm a little late to this party and finding this thread but we will be on the April 1 Dream cruise also.

We are a party of 4, celebrating our DD's 16th birthday. It is DH and I and our DD and she is bringing her best friend along.

My DD's best friend is one of five children (she's the oldest). We bought 6 white pillow cases to have signed so my DD, her friend and my DD's friend's siblings could all have one but I understand there is a limit of 2 items per cabin (we only have 1 cabin).

If there is anyone going on this cruise who was not planning on having anything signed and would like to be kind to us and have 2 of the pillow cases signed for your cabin and then we can meet and get them at the end of the cruise, I'd really appreciate it! I would hate to disappoint DD's friend that she cannot give each of her siblings this gift we had hoped to give.

I have the pillowcases and markers (and candy for the cm's). All you would have to do is meet us, drop them at guest services and then meet us again to get them back.

Let me know if you can help.

See you all on our cruise in just 17 days!

Also, one other question - we are going to be staying in Cape Canaveral on Saturday, March 31 and I know that is the day the Fantasy will be leaving for the first time.

Can you go down to the port and watch her leave? If so, where do you go to see this?

Also, I'd love for you all to stop by our Stateroom door to check out our magnets (still in progress), that recap our prior Disney vacations, cruises and activities. We're in 8023, an interior room in the front (aft?) of the ship.
QUOTE]
We will be doing this every day as we come out of 8020! Door magnets still on the 'To do' list!

Also, one other question - we are going to be staying in Cape Canaveral on Saturday, March 31 and I know that is the day the Fantasy will be leaving for the first time.

Can you go down to the port and watch her leave? If so, where do you go to see this?

Mom of... We are going to be down there on the same day as well, staying at Cape Canaveral. You can go to Jetty Park on the beach or we are going to Rusty's Oyster and Seafood Bar on the intercoastal that is right near the port. When I called them they said that you can see the ships go in and out of the port.. We figured we would go there and sit on the water, have a drink and dinner and watch the ship leave the port. We would love for you to come and join us... anyone can. :woohoo:

Hey gang,

Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone is looking for something like this. We used fanny packs with our kids on our last trip to the parks, and they were SO handy. We actually borrowed some, and one of the ones we borrowed was the one on the following link. This is by far the best price I've found for this brand ($6, free shipping). I was going to ask to borrow the ones we used before (from my brother), but it'd take 4 gallons of gas to get to his house and back. Sadly, it was cheaper to buy these online than to get gouged at the pump some more! :headache:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...82&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160#ht_1732wt_920

Just an FYI. :thumbsup2 Good night!

Hey gang,

Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone is looking for something like this. We used fanny packs with our kids on our last trip to the parks, and they were SO handy. We actually borrowed some, and one of the ones we borrowed was the one on the following link. This is by far the best price I've found for this brand ($6, free shipping). I was going to ask to borrow the ones we used before (from my brother), but it'd take 4 gallons of gas to get to his house and back. Sadly, it was cheaper to buy these online than to get gouged at the pump some more! :headache:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...82&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160#ht_1732wt_920

Just an FYI. :thumbsup2 Good night!

Excellent! I told my DD that she would be carrying her own stuff this trip and couldn't find what I was looking for....this might be it! Do you know the dimensions/size by ANY chance? Small enough to fit on rides? Thanks! :worship:

Trying to figure out what to do the day we get off the ship....still clueless!!! Our flight isn't until 848PM out of MCO. Any suggestions??? Kids are 5, 5, and 9, theme parks are a possible option, just wondering if will be too much to squeeze in a day. We are already doing Downtown Disney before the cruise also.[/QUOTE]

We are also trying to figure out what to do with our most-but-not-full day! I'm thinking we'll probably go to Wet N Wild if the weather is as nice as I'm expecting. (DD not super fond of the WDW waterparks, not sure why.) Maybe we'll see you there!!

Please add my family to the roll call. I will be cruising on the April 1 - 5th with my hubby, daughter (13):cheer2: and son (14):cool2:, Aunt, Cousin and Cousin's Mother in Law. Hopefully DD will find someone to hang out with on the ship because I'm sure she doesn't want to hang out with the old folks!!!

We're so excited!! None of us have been on a Disney cruise. This the first cruise for my husband and children. I haven't cruised since 1994 and I was 18 at the time.

Thanks Whodat and Mantaz for help with the countdown pin. As you can see, I got one. Yeah!

Anyone that has teens, are your teens planning on going to the teen club? My son is planning on going. I was just curious because my son is the only one in our group that can go to the Vibe (I think that is what it is called). In fact, his plan is to be there the whole vacation but I really doubt he will as he will not know anyone else. But I have talked to other people who said their kids love it so much that they do spend a lot of time there. Anyone with experience in this area, I would love to hear your feedback on this. I am not used to having my kids not want to hang out with me....I know that time is coming but still not ready for it.
My son (14) will be there a lot I have a feeling. Anything to get away from his sister who is 1 year younger and will be at the tween club.

Add us to the list... The women and children first tour! We leave the husbands at home!

Me, my mother, and DS6.
Sister, her DS9 and DS13
We are in adjoining family ocean view staterooms on deck 9. This our first Disney cruise. We are staying at the residence inn the night before, and universal after.
Would love to hear tips for cruising with kids, anything special we should bring for them?
We'll be at the Residence also, traveling with DH, DD (13) and DS (14), DCousin (more like a sister), DAunt and DC Mom in law. We have a Deluxe Family w/Verandah on deck 8.

Can i get in on the FB page. I know I'm new (like today) to the boards but I wish I would have seen this earlier. So much information and so many great ideas. I love the FE idea...how fun and a new way to meet new people, maybe on our next cruise!

Excellent! I told my DD that she would be carrying her own stuff this trip and couldn't find what I was looking for....this might be it! Do you know the dimensions/size by ANY chance? Small enough to fit on rides? Thanks! :worship:

Yep, it will fit on rides. Might want to put a water bottle (if you use one - it doesn't come with one, but we have several small ones that fit) in the storage bag that they have on the roller coasters, etc.?? But still, it should work great. My daughter wore this version (that we borrowed) when she was 7, and it was great. Will still work perfectly for her at age 10. Would have been too large on my then-4-year-old son, so he wore the other style my brother had at the time. So, I'd say perfect for elementary-middle school kids...? Glad it helped! :flower3:

We'll be at the Residence also, traveling with DH, DD (13) and DS (14), DCousin (more like a sister), DAunt and DC Mom in law. We have a Deluxe Family w/Verandah on deck 8.

Hello and welcome!!! I think you need 10 posts to send a PM, but I think you can receive one now- so check your private Messages. I will PM you my name on facebook- send me a friend request, and then I can send you an invite to join the page.

Look for us at the Residence Inn and maybe we can introduce your DS and DD to my nephew who is 13 1/2. Once you are on the FB page you will know what we all look like!:)

Can i get in on the FB page. I know I'm new (like today) to the boards but I wish I would have seen this earlier. So much information and so many great ideas. I love the FE idea...how fun and a new way to meet new people, maybe on our next cruise!

Well this is why I saw a new name pop on FB this afternoon! Thank you Courtney for getting this done!
State assessments are kicking my butt this week! I finished the make up kids today. Math is next week. I haven't had any time for personal stuff at work these days - how dare they! :rotfl:

On a side note and off topic...

I am so proud of my son! He heard about an organization called St. Baldrick's at Church last Sunday. A boy had his head shaved because a friend of his is battling cancer. Well my son turned to me and said "Can I do that for Sidney?" Sidney is a friend of our family, six years old and has been battling Leukemia since she was 18 months old. She has just finished her intense treatments of chemo and is on maintenance chemo for the next year. She attends Connor's school and Connor is her safety! It's so cute to see them walking out of school together holding hands. He either takes her to the car rider line or puts her on her bus. Anyway, I spoke with my friend Jackie and it turned out there was a event in Baltimore on 3/25. A few of Sidney's friends from Hopkins are involved. So Connor signed himself up to be a shavee on Tuesday night and named Sidney as his "Honored Kid". He is raising money for the organization and then will go to the event and have his head shaved with over 200 other people!! Then six days later we leave on the cruise. Needless to say, Connor will look a little different from the pictures I have shared!!

I will update the roll call to reflect the new families...

Debbie

I am so proud of my son! He heard about an organization called St. Baldrick's at Church last Sunday. A boy had his head shaved because a friend of his is battling cancer. Well my son turned to me and said "Can I do that for Sidney?" Sidney is a friend of our family, six years old and has been battling Leukemia since she was 18 months old. She has just finished her intense treatments of chemo and is on maintenance chemo for the next year. She attends Connor's school and Connor is her safety! It's so cute to see them walking out of school together holding hands. He either takes her to the car rider line or puts her on her bus. Anyway, I spoke with my friend Jackie and it turned out there was a event in Baltimore on 3/25. A few of Sidney's friends from Hopkins are involved. So Connor signed himself up to be a shavee on Tuesday night and named Sidney as his "Honored Kid". He is raising money for the organization and then will go to the event and have his head shaved with over 200 other people!! Then six days later we leave on the cruise. Needless to say, Connor will look a little different from the pictures I have shared!!

I will update the roll call to reflect the new families...

Debbie

Wow Debbie!! That is so great! What a wonderful son you have!

Hey All FE Participants...

I have updated my spreadsheets with the email addresses that I was given and just sent everyone the FE map that Christopher made. If you feel that you gave me your email address and you didn't get the map, let me know I may have lost your PM in the mass amount of PM's I have been getting lately.

Thanks everyone!!
Debbie

Thanks Debbie for your PM this week...lol, I didn't realize I had one that is how new I am...sent you an email last night...Thanks so much!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter