>> April 1, 2012 - Disney Dream Spring Break Frenzy! <<

Do muster stations ever change? Last year I was in the same room 10610 and our muster station was outside on deck 4, will it be in the same place this year? If so, that's awesome I know where to go!!

Change of subject...
Tonight at 7pm I am doing something that I have thought about for a year now...
getting a tattoo! It will be small, above my ankle. And of course, a Mickey Head! I took the design from my earrings and necklace that I bought at WDW in November. It's kind of swirly...only way I can think to describe it! I am a little nervous and still can't believe I am doing this, so far out of my personality. I remember when I got my ear double pierced in college and hid it from my parents cause it was so rebellious! My parents aren't happy but what can they do! Anyway...I'll let you all know how it goes. If you are on the facebook page I will post pictures!
Now to just get through this work day. I told my students I need a quiet, zen day...everyone needs to stay in class and out of my office!
Debbie

Do muster stations ever change? Last year I was in the same room 10610 and our muster station was outside on deck 4, will it be in the same place this year? If so, that's awesome I know where to go!!

Change of subject...
getting a tattoo! It will be small, above my ankle. And of course, a Mickey Head! I took the design from my earrings and necklace that I bought at WDW in November. It's kind of swirly...only way I can think to describe it! I am a little nervous and still can't believe I am doing this, so far out of my personality. I remember when I got my ear double pierced in college and hid it from my parents cause it was so rebellious! My parents aren't happy but what can they do! Anyway...I'll let you all know how it goes. If you are on the facebook page I will post pictures!
Now to just get through this work day. I told my students I need a quiet, zen day...everyone needs to stay in class and out of my office!
Debbie

You should have the same muster station. :thumbsup2

Good luck with the tattoo! :) I recommend taking some Advil or Tylenol before you go to help take the edge off the pain. Speaking from experience.... ;)

If you are participating in the FE you should have your list as of now!! I just sent the lists out to everyone through PM. If you didn't get it PM me and I will resend.
Going to bed all...falling asleep at the computer!!
Debbie

So we are all set with the lists then? No late entrants and everyone's raring to go? Super. Was I the only one (I suspect not, with all the planners on here) to start counting men, women, girls over 10, boys under 10 etc?!

You should have the same muster station. :thumbsup2

Good luck with the tattoo! :) I recommend taking some Advil or Tylenol before you go to help take the edge off the pain. Speaking from experience.... ;)

Really, I didn't think you could take Advil or Tylenol because it would thin your blood and bleed more??? Am I crazy and making this up?? :upsidedow

Is anyone planning on going to Jetty Park on Sat. @ 5 to see the Fantasy leave on it's Maiden Voyage? DH and I were thinking of going there 1st and then off to dinner. :cool2:

Attending the muster drill with your life jacket is a thing of the past. You no longer need to take it with you. You just need to attend the mandatory drill. While there, the crew members will demonstrate how to put the life jacket on if needed during the cruise.

Make sure that you have your Key Card with you so that you can 1) quickly and easily find your muster station (big letter on the bottom right of your card) and 2) so that you can be checked in when you reach the muster station.

It does not hurt to scout out your station when you board the ship, either by taking a walk around Deck 4 and/or check the info card on the back of your stateroom door.

Yeah, sometime during the nine months between our July 2010 and April 2011 Disney cruises, all cruise lines no longer required wearing life jackets to the Mandatory Life Boat drills anymore. I wondered, however, if the Costa Concordia disaster would change the policy back to wearing life jackets at the drill, but so far, no. Honestly, it's a good thing... those jackets are awkward, uncomfortable, hot, and smelly. DCL even changed the design of the jackets so that the neck area wasn't so rigid, but that didn't make them any more comfortable.

When looking for your muster station, keep in mind that while most are located around deck 4, several are also stationed inside. Last year, we were in cabin 7584 and our DD/DSIL were in cabin 8089, and both of our muster stations were F, located inside Deck 4's Buena Vista Theatre. The exact location of your muster station can be found on the back of your stateroom door. :thumbsup2

Excellent! Thanks to both of you!! :hippie:

Is anyone planning on going to Jetty Park on Sat. @ 5 to see the Fantasy leave on it's Maiden Voyage? DH and I were thinking of going there 1st and then off to dinner. :cool2:

As excited as I am about the Fantasy, I don't think I could watch it sail away without being depressed that I wasn't one of the cruisers onboard. :sad1: They're going to have an amazing time exploring the new ship and receiving all those "Inaugural Sailing" goodies! :goodvibes

Instead, we'll be enjoying pretzel bread sticks, cheese soup, and filet mignon at Le Cellier! :cool1:

I was just testing out one of my T shirt transfers for my FE and wondered why it had come out in reverse when I had followed the instructions to the letter (reversing the image etc). Then I realised that my printer is so clever :worship:that when you tell it to print a T-shirt transfer, it reverses it for you! Which is great, but not if you have already done it!:eek: So that's something I learned today. Very pleased that I bought a big pack of transfers to practise with.

I've been following the Fantasy's journey from Germany on twitter. I would have seen it go past through the English Channel if I had driven 40 miles down the coast to Dover. I see that its Godmother (something like that?) is Mariah Carey.

ddeal... we will be in the area that night and this might be a fun thing for us and the family to do before dinner... We were thinking about going to Rusty's Seafood for dinner, they take call ahead seating and will be nice to have some great FLA seafood.
:thumbsup2

Change of subject...
Debbie

Debbie... very cool and I think very brave, I tried the belly button piercing years ago and that did not work out so well..well maybe it was the two kids that changed the shape:laughing: Can't wait to see it and based on the designed you showed us before it is going to look amazing.

Instead, we'll be enjoying pretzel bread sticks, cheese soup, and filet mignon at Le Cellier! :cool1:

That is a great instead! One of our favorite meals at Disney World. I made the cheese soup at home and did a fairly okay job on it. Not as good as Le Cellier - but still decent.

Good news - we got 3 out of the 4 passports we need today! Mine should be here in a few days. I didn't get my application in on the same day as the rest of my family. And yes, I know we kind of pushed the deadline for the passports - which is why I didn't admit that we applied so close to the deadline. :rolleyes1 I also got my Disney Rewards card today - ready to take with us and put towards our shore excursions.

I'm going to think about the packing process this weekend.

The not so good news was that the redi-care place called today and said the strep culture they sent out came back positive for strep. It at least explains why I'm still not feeling super great. Sounds like a good reason for mom to rest this weekend.

So we are all set with the lists then? No late entrants and everyone's raring to go? Super. Was I the only one (I suspect not, with all the planners on here) to start counting men, women, girls over 10, boys under 10 etc?!

Yes it appears we are all set. I got a PM from a participant that is having a hard time getting in touch with some of the participants. PLEASE - if you are participating in the FE, check your PM inbox. Hopefully some of the MIA participants will start to show up since we are within a month of sailing!

Debbie... very cool and I think very brave, I tried the belly button piercing years ago and that did not work out so well..well maybe it was the two kids that changed the shape:laughing: Can't wait to see it and based on the designed you showed us before it is going to look amazing.

Tatto came out great and I am really happy I did it. It feels like I burned that spot on my leg right now. A little red around it and swollen. Getting it didn't hurt at all! I was really suprised. It hurts more to get your eyebrows and lip waxed!!! It only took him about 10 mins to do the whole tattoo! Before getting it I was nervouse I thought was going to throw up! :eek: After I was on an adrenaline (sp?) high, went out to dinner with my friend and chilled out before going home to show my DH and DS. :thumbsup2 Funny thing was my in-laws just happened to come into town yesterday evening, passing through on their way back from Florida to NJ. They wanted to take us out to dinner...:confused3 Ugh - so I had to tell them why I couldn't go to dinner, they were a little confused about the whole thing. Do they sense these things or what??? :rotfl:

Good news - we got 3 out of the 4 passports we need today! Mine should be here in a few days. I didn't get my application in on the same day as the rest of my family. And yes, I know we kind of pushed the deadline for the passports - which is why I didn't admit that we applied so close to the deadline. :rolleyes1 I also got my Disney Rewards card today - ready to take with us and put towards our shore excursions.

I'm going to think about the packing process this weekend.

The not so good news was that the redi-care place called today and said the strep culture they sent out came back positive for strep. It at least explains why I'm still not feeling super great. Sounds like a good reason for mom to rest this weekend.

Yay for the passports! I upgraded my Disney card to the premier card and now I am trying to get all the bonus points I can and then order the reward card at the last minute.

Take care of yourself this weekend! Must get better... :sick: :flower3:

My mom swears the mid atlantic is going to get him with a huge snowstorm on 3/30, since we haven't had any snow this winter. :rolleyes1

Debbie

It has been a while since I have been on here. I had a lot of reading to do to catch up and I still don't think I have read everything. LOL. We have been working on our FE and decided to make a duck tape FE. So far it is looking pretty good. I will have to post a picture when finished. I also am working on the FE gifts. It was tough trying to figure out what to do but I did make a decision...finally. I do have a question, are we putting our names on it to show who it is from or do we not do that? I was not sure what everyone else was doing.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Totally off topic, but I just had to share a big relief off my shoulders. All Jazzercise instructors are required to get evaluated/monitored annually in order to keep our franchise and certification. They are "surprise" evaluations...you know the general time of year that you're due, but you don't know when it happens. I've been stressing because I've been due since the beginning of the year, and I REALLY wanted to get it done before we leave for the trip, and not the week of the trip when my brain will be drifting off towards vacation! Well, she showed up tonight, and I'm thrilled to report that I not only passed, but got a hard-to-get "outstanding" rating! :cool1::banana: I realize that this isn't the most exciting news in the world to you all...I just wanted to share because for me, this was one huge item to check off my to-do list before I could really relax and focus on the trip. Woohoo!!! :woohoo:

That's all...time to crack the whip on the planning now!!!
-Erin

Congratulations!!

Yea! Another Buckeye. :) We'll likely have our Ohio State shirts on at some point, as we always bring some when we head south. My husband and I actually have our Mickey Mouse OSU shirts. We have a great photo doing the OHIO pose back in the open seating of Cabana's, overlooking Castaway Cay. I can't remember how to post photos...reminder? I'd put it up if so.

We are also from Ohio. I was born in Indiana but have lived in Ohio for the last 15 years. My husband though is a born buckeye.

Hello-just found this forum. Our family of 5 will also be boarding the Disney Dream on April 1st. Do you have room for one more family for the FE (This is our first Disney Cruise so we are still figuring this all out)? It will be me, DH, DS (13), DS (11) and DD (8). We have the late seating. My boys are looking forward to playing basketball and hitting the beach. My daughter can't wait for the pool and the kids' club.

Welcome to this thread!

I do have a question, are we putting our names on it to show who it is from or do we not do that? I was not sure what everyone else was doing.

I will probably put my name on my bits and pieces - but it should hopefully be obvious as they will all be British! It would be nice I think to know who sent everything but I understand if people want to keep it secret.

Hopefully some of the MIA participants will start to show up since we are within a month of sailing!
Debbie

I hope so too otherwise there will be a lot of stuff to fit in FEs! Is there a deadline if you haven't heard from them? What I mean is, if you haven't heard from them a few days before do we assume they aren't taking part? Or from experience do people that signed up months ago remember at the last minute?

FE.jpg

Finally completed :banana:
I'd not used T shirt transfers before so I've learned something! The ribbon down the sides has union jacks (British flags) on it.
I must get some more of my Maths assignment done before I start obsessing over door magnets!

I hope so too otherwise there will be a lot of stuff to fit in FEs! Is there a deadline if you haven't heard from them? What I mean is, if you haven't heard from them a few days before do we assume they aren't taking part? Or from experience do people that signed up months ago remember at the last minute?

Well I had two people who never responded back to my FE PM's and I have sent them quite a few. So I didn't include their names when I made the groups. At this point the deadline is past so I don't think there will be anymore new people. Looking at the user names on my spreadsheet most of the people I see posting on the boards. There is probably only one or two that are not regulars but they respond to PM's. Group #2 has one less family, so I guess we have room for one more... I can definitely say that there will be no last minute additions.

As for names on gifts - I would put your name on the gifts so that people know who they are from. I did last year and I'm pretty sure most had at least the board usernames.

Hope this helps!
Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter