• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

>> April 1, 2012 - Disney Dream Spring Break Frenzy! <<

Re:Facebook page, I believe you have to select friends from your friend list to invite, but I could be wrong. Just in case, I sent you my name, as well as that of my mother and sister so you can invite us!

So this is totally unrelated, but thought all you midwesterners/Big Ten folks would understand my excitement. My dad has season tickets for The Ohio State men's basketball season, and I get to be his date tonight! They're playing Penn State. Go Bucks!!! :cheer2: I've got my Mickey Mouse/OSU shirt on!

Yay!! :cheer2::cheer2:
Have fun!! :cheer2:

Interested in joining a Private Facebook Page:
RemoCat
clc053103
Brookie1972
VA Mouseman
ccbride412
SSinWYO
ddeal1957

So I looked into the Facebook group thing and you can't make a group without the person being your friend. I can make the group but I have to friend who wants to be in the group and then invite them to the group. It used to be that you could make a group through email, but people complained that their email was given out and then they got a lot of SPAM so they changed the rules a few months ago.
I don't have a problem doing this if people still want to make the group. I can set it up and then make the private group. I am not a big poster on Facebook of random constant thoughts... Whenever one of my middle school students asks me if they can friend me I tell them "No and why would you want to friend someone who is 43, a Mom and only talks about boring Mom stuff... " I guess they think I lead some exciting life outside of school!
Anyway - PM me and I will send you my Facebook Name or you can send me yours... Courtney I have yours, if you want me to go ahead and add you as a friend.
When the cruise is over we can "defriend" each other, if we want...pirate: :rolleyes1 :confused3
Debbie :goodvibes

PS - Feeling so much better today. But I am playing hooky from my Tae Kwon Do & Kickboxing class. Got my DH to take Connor to his class and I am getting 1 1/2 hours by myself.

:)Debbie I'll be your friend! Have no fear, I am not a big poster of nonsense either!

If there's an option for members to invite others to the group I can then invite rest of my party.

I would love to join a FB group. Count me in! Thanks for including me and my group in your FE. I'll get a definite number of cabins for you as soon as I can. It will be at least 4 cabins, but there may be 2-3 more.
Michelle

I would love to join a FB group. Count me in! Thanks for including me and my group in your FE. I'll get a definite number of cabins for you as soon as I can. It will be at least 4 cabins, but there may be 2-3 more.
Michelle

Hello Michelle
I PM'd you the facebook information!

Debbie

The private Facebook page is up and running. I have received a couple of PM's and we have a group of three so far... The group is completely private with no postings on your wall.
Not to fear - I will not stray from the Disboards. I don't know what I would do without my daily, ummm ok hourly, Disboard check in. I am a little addicted...I might need a total Disney withdrawal program at some point in my life, not ready for that yet!

Debbie

Thanks Debbie for setting up the FB account. I think it's a nice addition to our thread here; it could be a great place for us to share photos afterwards!

Jamie

Question about safety on CC...

If we get out on the beach early and leave our towels and a bag at our chairs, is it generally safe? I'm not talking about leaving an ipad, cash and a cell phone there, just don't want to drag our stuff around when we go rides bikes or check out the stingrays.

Question about safety on CC...

If we get out on the beach early and leave our towels and a bag at our chairs, is it generally safe? I'm not talking about leaving an ipad, cash and a cell phone there, just don't want to drag our stuff around when we go rides bikes or check out the stingrays.
Generally speaking, I think you'll be OK leaving general personal items (towels, shirts, shoes) at an unattended beach chair. I've done that before at CC, when we went to get lunch or a stroll. You're right, it's prudent to keep the real valuables either with you, or leave them on the ship.

Hey all
Just wanted to let you know that I have received the PM's for adding you to the FB page. I can't do it while at work - Facebook is blocked on our work computers. I know, what are they thinking.... Well atleast I can access Disboards!! When I get home from work tonight I will get those of you who PM me during the day added and onto the page. If you have more than one person in your group who is on FB, only one person has to PM then after I add you to the group, you can the others. Any questions let me know. I am going to post a few pictures of our cruise on the FB page that I have on my iPhone!
I hope to get all lists updated and emails sent out today with the detailed FE info. As long as my students are behaved today and stay in class and out of my office!
Debbie

So I have been kicking around the idea of going to the 9:30 PM Hoope Dee Doo Show on the 31st of March. It is one of my favorite shows that I try not to miss when at WDW.

Is there anyone else that might be interested in kicking off the vacation Hoop Dee Doo Style?

I just booked parasailing for Castaway Cay.....never done it and thought I would give it a try.

But shortly after booking, I got an email about my reservation that says that I am due a refund of $5.12 on my reservation. Going to call DCL and check what is going on......not that I object but just want to know if it will be applied as OBC or what.

UPDATE:
I was informed that the refund (not sure why there is one) will be sent directly back to my credit card. I explained that this was not ideal as my credit card is a foreign card and therefore the service fees for the exchange of currency would possibly end up costing me more than the refund is valued. I asked if it could be applied as an OBC. THe woman was very friendly and called someone (not sure whom) to ask. When she returned she explained that only round figures could be applied as OBC which meant $5 OBC was possible BUT then the remaining 12 cents would still automatically be refunded to my credit card. So I am stuck with having to wait and watch and hope that I don't end up paying money for my refund!!

UGH

I just booked parasailing for Castaway Cay.....never done it and thought I would give it a try.

But shortly after booking, I got an email about my reservation that says that I am due a refund of $5.12 on my reservation. Going to call DCL and check what is going on......not that I object but just want to know if it will be applied as OBC or what.

UPDATE:
I was informed that the refund (not sure why there is one) will be sent directly back to my credit card. I explained that this was not ideal as my credit card is a foreign card and therefore the service fees for the exchange of currency would possibly end up costing me more than the refund is valued. I asked if it could be applied as an OBC. THe woman was very friendly and called someone (not sure whom) to ask. When she returned she explained that only round figures could be applied as OBC which meant $5 OBC was possible BUT then the remaining 12 cents would still automatically be refunded to my credit card. So I am stuck with having to wait and watch and hoper that I don't end up paying money for my refund!!

UGH

Paying money for a refund would be highly frustrating! Happy that you still got one, though, regardless of how small or the issue!

:cool2:

Hi fellow cruisers, I haven't been on the boards for a while so I wanted to just say hi and say that I cannot wait...I am getting so excited. Almost time to start picking out clothes and packing. Yahoo!! Hope everyone is doing well! I haven't figured out what FE gifts I am doing yet but definitely thinking about it. We did book our Disney hotels before and after the cruise. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge the night before. I am very excited about that. I have never stayed there. Then the night after the cruise, we will be at the All Star Sports. We were hoping to go to the parks but will not have time this trip. Talk to you all later!

Hi fellow cruisers, I haven't been on the boards for a while so I wanted to just say hi and say that I cannot wait...I am getting so excited. Almost time to start picking out clothes and packing. Yahoo!! Hope everyone is doing well! I haven't figured out what FE gifts I am doing yet but definitely thinking about it. We did book our Disney hotels before and after the cruise. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge the night before. I am very excited about that. I have never stayed there. Then the night after the cruise, we will be at the All Star Sports. We were hoping to go to the parks but will not have time this trip. Talk to you all later!

Staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge the night before as well. Are you also taking the DCL bus from the resort to the port?

UPDATE:
I was informed that the refund (not sure why there is one) will be sent directly back to my credit card. I explained that this was not ideal as my credit card is a foreign card and therefore the service fees for the exchange of currency would possibly end up costing me more than the refund is valued. I asked if it could be applied as an OBC. THe woman was very friendly and called someone (not sure whom) to ask. When she returned she explained that only round figures could be applied as OBC which meant $5 OBC was possible BUT then the remaining 12 cents would still automatically be refunded to my credit card. So I am stuck with having to wait and watch and hoper that I don't end up paying money for my refund!!

UGH

We got a credit too of $10.24. I was told by DCL that the taxes have probably gone down and that some rooms were getting refunds. We were hoping that ours would go to OBC, but the credit has since disappeared and the price showing online of the room is lower than what we paid. Haven't checked the credit card yet. That sucks that it will end up costing you!

We're staying offsite the night before but staying at the Grand Floridian after until the 8th. We're so exciterd to get back to the parks and continue looking for Hidden Mickey's! We did it 2 years ago and spent the whole day between rides searching MK for them and the employees helped out a lot with the harder ones! This time we're trying AK and hopefully some of the hotels and either MGM (it will ALWAYS be MGM to me!) or Epcot. Just got done making our wedding ears! Can't wait to show them off!::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

How about a new twist the to FE saga? What happens to the FE cabin list if someone upgrades at the port and they move to a new cabin? How do all of the rest of us find out where to deliver their items?

By the way, I can't remember if I mentioned this, but I like the idea of keeping the list at 20 and cutting it off to another list of 20, and then another, etc.

I'm the least crafty (arts-wise ;)) person on earth but I plan on starting to create my masterpieces today. Wish me luck!

How about a new twist the to FE saga? What happens to the FE cabin list if someone upgrades at the port and they move to a new cabin? How do all of the rest of us find out where to deliver their items?

By the way, I can't remember if I mentioned this, but I like the idea of keeping the list at 20 and cutting it off to another list of 20, and then another, etc.

I'm the least crafty (arts-wise ;)) person on earth but I plan on starting to create my masterpieces today. Wish me luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter