• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

>> April 1, 2012 - Disney Dream Spring Break Frenzy! <<

Ahhhh....time to breathe. Just finished a two weekend, 7 show run of Annie with DD. She LOVED her role as orphan "July", and it's something she'll never forget. Now...time to look ahead to my upcoming trip to Disney! Leave this Thursday for 5 days with my parents and a few other family members, all to cheer on my foster brother as he performs with his HS choir. Then, it's back two weeks later to cheer on my hubby in the 1/2 marathon! After that, it's all about the cruise!!! :woohoo: It's going to come so quickly after the holidays!! Gotta get working on these FE gifts!

Congrats to your DD Remocat!

I don't remember but, is anyone giving this trip as a Christmas gift? And if so how are you going about it?

I am giving the cruise to my 8 year old Granddaughter for Christmas and have already bought a Tiana costume and am thinking about wrapping a Disney box with a mylar balloon to pop out when she opens it with tickets attached.

Any other ideas?

Donna

HA! It's still showing before mine, but my posted time is wrong...it's posted an hour later than I wrote it. I've been trying to figure out if there's somewhere on here where I set my time zone or something. Weird...

Thanks on the congrats! She did a great job, and we are so proud of her hard work (they've been working on this since September, with a full 63 member cast! She was thrilled to be one of the lead orphans, that's for sure!!

I LOVE your Christmas idea! We're not surprising our kids for Christmas (well...actually we are, but with a MUCH smaller trip - an overnight to Cincinnati (we live in Ohio) with a couple of nights at a hotel and a day at the Cinci Children's Museum - they've actually asked Santa for a small trip in lieu of gifts!). But...we are surprising them big time. They think we're going to Disney World in June...what they don't know is 1) we're waking them up on March 31 at 4:30 a.m. and surprising them with an early trip, and 2) surprising them even more the next day when we don't actually visit the Kennedy Space Center, but rather drive right by it on the way to the ship! :rotfl: Then we're heading back to the World for 4 more nights, spending Easter there. CAN'T WAIT!!!

One of the other orphans in the show (Annie's understudy, actually) was surprised yesterday with a trip to Disney. They left after last night's show, so she missed today's performance (the director knew this from the beginning - she got to perform as Annie Friday night). Her parents have been planning this for a loooong time, long before she made this show. She was sad to miss the last day, but not sad about why!

-Erin

I just looked at the cost to book a cabin in my catagory on our cruise. It's gone up again. It's now 89% higher than the price I got when I made my reservation in January. Wow!:scared1:

Hi, I have a 6A guarantee and just found out my cabin today! (in 6A)
I have 2 reservations linked and the other hasn't been assigned yet :confused3

We haven't made final payment yet so I was surprised to even get assignment already.

Anyone else get an assignment lately?

Merry Christmas
Donna :santa:

My wonderful TA, Mic, just emailed me the confirmation from DCL. Yea. Now I can enjoy the holidays and figure out what I want to reserve on Jan 2nd. :banana:

Our 11A room was assigned to us about a month ago; we're on the 8th deck.

I'll be making the final payment on January 2nd, and then making some onboard reservations. Just gotta get through the next week or so first!

I totally forgot I signed up for a call from Mickey about the cruise on Christmas morning months ago. He called right as we were opening gifts.

Needless to say the kids and I were all surprised, as I flipped it to speakerphone really quick so everyone could hear.

Getting close, I know I need to make that final payment really soon!

Anyone know if you can split payment, Disney dollars ($441.00!!!:cool1:)
and Disney Visa and still get onboard credit for using Disney Visa as final payment?

Hello! We are paid up now and getting excited. We do not have room assignments yet. As for the FE for Los Chavez, MIL and FIL will not participate. But the four of us. Me, husband son (10) and daughter will participate (8). I'll be watching this thread more closely now.

Hi all! Looking at the Nassau excursions, can't really decide! Has anyone been before? Got suggestions? Should we consider something not cruise-line related? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi all! Looking at the Nassau excursions, can't really decide! Has anyone been before? Got suggestions? Should we consider something not cruise-line related? Thoughts?

I would love to know the same thing. We are looking at the cheaper, shorter excursions (snorkeling, sightseeing, etc.)...wanting to keep costs down and not be off the ship all day, so we can enjoy some smaller crowds onboard. Any info would be appreciated! We're specifically looking at Caribbean Queen snorkel tour, catamaran sail and reef snorkeling, and Nassau harbor cruise. Thanks!!

Erin

I'm such an idiot! I researched and researched until I figured out what I want my fe to look like. Unfortunately, I never made a note of who makes them so I don't know where to look for it and now I have had to start over. I went to eBay and couldn't find any listed. I went to etsy and only found them made by Stitches and Bows. They're cute but it seems like the ones I liked had more variety of the images you could have stitched on the pockets. I think they were made by Grady's Mom or something like that on ebay. Anybody know where I can look to get one? :confused3

NEVER MIND - I must have been having a brain cramp or almost senior moment (This cruise is my 50th birthday present to myself). I just found what I want on ebay.

UPDATED FE as of 12/4...

Interested in participating in a Fish Extender
1) RRL38
2) RemoCat (Erin)
3) WhoDat (Nancy)
4) Guarn3md (Debbie)
5) Tinkerbellfriend
6) Mom Minnie
7) SSinWYO (Shelli)
8) Chavez Family (loschavez2k)
9) Happy N Doc - are both rooms participating?
10) MASRules -
11) Brookie1972

Anyone else interested...let me know!!

We are interested!!
Me Kim
DH Deron
DS Tyler (12)
DD Kaylee (8)
So looking forward to our 1st cruise :yay:

Thanks!

No idea, to be honest. We didn't get off the Wonder the last time we were at Nassau. The ship was relatively quiet and we had it to ourselves. I suspect it may be the best time to get in some serious AquaDuck time!

Just wanted to post a link to my youtube video. It is a Christmas "video" card I made. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas. I cannot believe our cruise is only 3 months away....so excited!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECUqLBqQLTE

Cute video!

We just FINALLY took the kids for their passport cards today, we were going to chance it with the birth certificates, but decided we would just get them so we can go back to Canada. We only live an hour for the border, we used to go a few times a year, but haven't since they changed the requirements.

Also paid final payment and got insurance through another company for quite a deal less. Now just waiting so I can book shore excursions. Is it true that we can't book until 75 days out for first time disney cruisers? Is it the same day for online check in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter