Approx times of Welcome Meetings

Elaine Guidi

Elaine
We are traveling in Feb with Virgin. I have just confirmed by phone that we will receive our passes from the rep at the Welcome meeting. I advised that I hadn't really anticipated attending the meeting, and she said I can collect prior to start. Now I don't know about anyone else but I would much rather get my first day in Florida started as soon as possible. What time roughly have meetings been held in the past as I may try to book Chef Mickeys for our first morning, collect tickets and get to the parks. TY

Well I think it probably depends on where you're staying. We went with Virgin, staying at ASmo and the Welcome meeting was in ASMu at 8am. We were the last in the queue and were with the rep for about 20 minutes because we wanted to book quite a few things but we were in MK by 10:30.:D

We are staying off-site at Sheraton Four Points. I think I read something a long time ago that Virgin Welcome Meetings for off-site are at Downtown Disney, where exactly I don't know? Perhaps some of you veterans do. TY

The meeting was in the AMC theatre in Downtown disney the year before last when we were there.

Tony

We stayed at ASSp in August this year and booked our package with Virgin. Welcome meetings were held at AMC in Downtown Disney at 8:30am, 9am or 9:30 (I think) the choice was ours. We went as we had a specific question about Busch Gardens. The Virgin reps were able to give us the info we needed before the meeting started so we didn't stay for the meeting and were at MK by 9:30.

Libby

Sorry to be a pain. I am just thinking it would be good that there was a later welcome meeting at 9.30 as I have made PS at Chef Mickeys for 8.00 and would like to spend roughly an hour in there and would then go over to DTD for the 9.30 welcome meeting to collect tickets. Or have I made a mistake in booking Chef Mickeys, I just thought it would be a good start. If for some reason we didn't make it to DTD does anyone know how we would then get our tickets, heaven forbid!!!

Don't rely on my memory to be accurate - there were 3 meetings but the first may have been 8 and the last 9, I can't find the info just now. I don't even know if these times were just for people staying in Disney hotels.

Anyway when we arrived we were given a phone number and address of their office in Orlando - it was in one of the non-Disney hotels (again my memory fails me). Perhaps someone else can help with details.

Libby

We stayed in the Royal Pacific but our welcome meeting was on our first day at 8:30 in Disney somewhere. We didn't bother going as knew we didn't want to book any trips and I didn't see what they could tell us that this site and Simon's book hadn't. There was a Virgin office by the Florida Mall ( I'm sure someone else has the address!) Maybe you could pick your tickets up there instead?

There is also a Virgin office situated in the Dolphin Hotel if it would be easier to pick youre tickets up from there.

When we went last year we didnt go to the welcome meeting and booked our trips at the Dolphin hotel.

Hope this helps

Tracey

Originally posted by Wexford
There is also a Virgin office situated in the Dolphin Hotel if it would be easier to pick youre tickets up from there.

When we went last year we didnt go to the welcome meeting and booked our trips at the Dolphin hotel.

Hope this helps

Tracey

I din't know that Tracey, must remember that.
You pick up great tips here.:)

Should you go to these meeting if it your first time there,going with virgin on oct 2003....................

I'm reversing the original question now. How long roughly do the welcome meetings last? As I already mentioned we are going to Chef Mickeys 8am and would expect to be 1 hour approx. If we missed the beginning of the meeting would we possibly catch the rep at the end, again just to collect our tickets. I just wish we could get them before hand :(

Hi elanie

I dont know how long the welcome meeting last as we never bother with them.

Could you not ring Virgin and explain the situation that you have a breakfast booked and could they send the tickets/vouchers direct to either youre hotel or youre home before you go.

When i orderd our flex tickets for Universal etc last year they sent us vouchers before we went and we exchanged them for tickets at the park.

I would be firm with them as say youve paid a lot of money for your holdiay and you just cannot phsically get to the welcome meeting and you need your tickets. Its worth a go.

Hope this helps

I forgot to ask where abouts are you staying??

Could you not ring Virgin and explain the situation that you have a breakfast booked and could they send the tickets/vouchers direct to either youre hotel or youre home before you go

Tried this. Was advised they are too valuable to post! I think what I may do, is take the chance and wait until we get there and get handed the slip with the Welcome Meeting details on it. If the time suits, great, if not I'll explain to the rep there and then and see if she can offer an alternative, ie depending what time the meeting will start and stop I can collect before or after. At least that way she will know before hand, who knows she may have a great solution I haven't thought of?

I'm sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I keep reading about these welcome meetings.
How do you get told about them and are they only done in one place?

Also when do you get to see a Virgin rep? Are they at the airport or something? I booked online so haven't spoken to anyone and just thought once they gave you the plane tickets and hotel details, that's it as far as Virgin are concerned.

Can't you tell this is my first ever holiday :o

Thanks for any help,
Zoe

We were given our info at the airport just before we picked up our car.

Libby

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter