Apprehensive about Coronado Springs stay.....Reassure me.

EMom

Comes from a long line of all fork ...
CSR was not my first choice of resorts, but it's what we could get. Friends have stayed there over the past few years and enjoyed it, but the online reviews at tripadvisor and expedia are not that good.

Lots of complaints that the rooms are dark, dated and shabby looking. Not to mention the frequent complaints that the rooms just weren't that clean, smelled musty, bathrooms needed to be redone, etc.

I have been trying to get excited about the stay, but comments like these make me apprehensive. Do the rooms really look like they need a refurb? Are the clean or not?

Please give me something to hang on to. We have asked for 4th floor Casitas 4, standard view, if that makes a difference.

We just got back from our stay there. We were in Ranchos 7B. Our room was very tidy and we liked the dark wood. Considering we first stayed there a few months after it opened in '97 when it had the dizzying multi-colored fiesta furniture, we liked the improvements in the color palette. :thumbsup2
That being said, our tub/shower area could have used a refresh. At the very least, a tub reglaze and the brighter-colored tile toward the top of the surround updated to the turquoise accent on the bed runners would be my idea. YMMV depending on the individual room, but do not let that put you off of CSR!! All of the staff we encountered there were wonderful and helpful when we needed it. The bus service was good, and seeing all of the massive lines for the other resort busses at the parks while CSR's bus line is not big at all because the conventioners don't get out to the parks every day made us grateful to not be packed like sardines. And it's a pretty resort too, especially at night. Enjoy it.

We went there many years ago and it was one our best trips, we are from the Southwest and thought we would not like the theme but we did. Its a very pretty resort and is a step above the other mods ( Convention resort). The pool is great and theres a lot of walking. We were in the Cabana,s so it was not to bad. We go to a lot of different resorts (Wl favorite), but we liked CS...

I stayed at CSR last year, and the rooms were in no way shabby or dated. I think they are actually among the most upscale looking at WDW. Housekeeping was great too.:)

Keep in mind that most people post reviews when they have negative experiences, and few post when they have good ones.

We stayed in the Ranchos section a few years ago and liked it very much. If we stay moderate again, we'll go back to CSR. We had great housekeeping, and although I don't usually care for dark room décor, it worked at CSR.

We've stayed once before and are returning after an unpleasant POR stay.

We found the majority of the staff to be friendly and helpful, the rooms were nice (love the privacy door) and the grounds are beautiful. I have read complaints that the grounds are too big, but we didn't find that at all. I thought our location in Mansions at POR was way worse!

Good and bad can be found about every resort. You won't know if it is for you until you personally stay there.

We have stayed at CSR ten times and if it weren't for the fact that we now always rent points to stay DVC, we would go back to CSR in a heartbeat. We had a bad stay in December last year but that was not the resort's problem, but the Pop Warner people staying there.

The rooms are lovely, the resort is themed well and is beautiful at night.

I would take reviews with a grain of salt. Our first stay on property was CBR years ago. I read all sorts of horrible reviews about dirty rooms, musty smells, poor housekeeping. None were true. Our room was clean, no smell, and our mouse keeping was great. I haven't bothered with reading reviews for wdw resorts since. Most people who write reviews were unhappy with something. You rarely hear from people who had a great stay, which is the vast majority.
Sure, things can go wrong at any resort, but it's the minority.

And people's taste varies too. Some complain about WL, AKL and Poly being dark :confused3 open the drapes!! Plenty of light comes in :laughing: but some just don't like dark wood furniture, so to them that means the room is dark.

Don't worry about some reviews and enjoy your stay. Buzz has a website with lots of great photos of CSR. You can try to find it, maybe google Buzz Coronado Springs Resort, or unofficial CSR web site. Sorry I don't have the link.

We're staying at CSR for the first time in November. I agree with the others who said to take reviews with a grain of salt. CSR is known as the "nicest" of the four mods, and we know it won't be a motel 6, so we're not too worried!

Can I ask why you requested 4th floor in Casitas 4? Isn't that the one with the weird elevator situation? My original request was for a high floor in Casitas and then I read about how you need to take an elevator in another building in order to get to 4th floor Casitas and figured I didn't want the hassle. But if that floor is better, or worth the hassle, fill me in! :thumbsup2

We're staying at CSR for the first time in November. I agree with the others who said to take reviews with a grain of salt. CSR is known as the "nicest" of the four mods, and we know it won't be a motel 6, so we're not too worried!

Can I ask why you requested 4th floor in Casitas 4? Isn't that the one with the weird elevator situation? My original request was for a high floor in Casitas and then I read about how you need to take an elevator in another building in order to get to 4th floor Casitas and figured I didn't want the hassle. But if that floor is better, or worth the hassle, fill me in! :thumbsup2

That would be Casitas 2/3 with the weird elevator. Casitas 4 and 5, non-preferred, have no elevator problems.

Oh my....this is our resort of choice when we add on front or back to a DVC vacation. The rooms are larger than all other moderates and they have Deluxe Linens which matter to some. I love nice sheets and towels.
I stayed last July for a "cash" vacation with my DD for 11 days and it was a wonderful resort for an extended stay. It is large but we navigated and learned how to expedite our travel time with the internal buses.
The CM were very friendly and you have to admit...they have a great pool. No need to run to get a "beverage" they had servers.

We used to stay at POR until we discovered this little gem and now my DH will stay at no other moderate.
Enjoy your stay. I will be surprised if you are disappointed.:thumbsup2

Stayed there a year ago for the first time. Nice size room with nice size bath. Are you going with kids? The pool is really cool and the walk around the water to the pool area is nice. The bath area has a sliding divider between the sink area and the main sleeping area. It is very close to Blizzard Beach and we slipped in for a few hours. We felt the bus service was fine.

Since we usually stay at Pop we were pleased with CSR.

We had a pleasant stay at CSR in 2012. The room was very nice as we're the facilities and grounds. Pros were wood doors to the sink area, gorgeous gardens, cool pool, housekeeping, and comfortable mattresses. Cons were sheets weren't the nicest quality but not terrible, we thought pepper market was terrible, and only bus transportation to everything. Concerning the must smell reported by some: on our resort day we returned after housekeeping in the late morning, but then later returned to a gross musty smell. The lower portion of the shower curtain had become soured. This was remedied quickly with a call to housekeeping. They changed out the inner curtain and bleached the tub. I was impressed with their care and service. With humidity as it is in Florida, there are chances that things won't dry quick enough and become soured. Just call them if it does...they will remedy. I would return to CSR if in your situation without hesitation. Have a nice time!

We had a pleasant stay at CSR in 2012. The room was very nice as were the facilities and grounds. Pros were wood doors to the sink area, gorgeous gardens, cool pool, housekeeping, and comfortable mattresses. Cons were sheets weren't the nicest quality but not terrible, we thought pepper market was terrible, and only bus transportation to everything. Concerning the must smell reported by some: on our resort day we returned after housekeeping in the late morning, but then later returned to a gross musty smell. The lower portion of the shower curtain had become soured. This was remedied quickly with a call to housekeeping. They changed out the inner curtain and bleached the tub. I was impressed with their care and service. With humidity as it is in Florida, there are chances that things won't dry quick enough and become soured. Just call them if it does...they will remedy. I would return to CSR if in your situation without hesitation. Have a nice time!

Edit: I just read that a previous post said sheets were deluxe. Maybe the sheets have been swapped since fall 2012 when we were there....they change out soft goods frequently.

CSR is our top resort. We love the morning walk around the lagoon and have never had a problem while we were there. we have stayed ib Ranchos and Casitas, Casitas being our favorite. we have been on the 4th floor overlooking the parking lot and lugged our luggage up the stairs, but it was so quiet and peaceful, who cares about the elevator.
Buses are the best I have experienced, mousekeeping and front desk staff are very helpful. Enjoy your trip!

I've stayed at CSR 5 times and love it. I love the rooms and the resort - so beautiful! The pool is fabulous and the slide is so much fun. :) We've had both very good and very average meals at Pepper Market, same as with most other places. We've found the bus service to be the best of any resort we've stayed at. It's a great place - no worries!

We have stayed at CSR many times. We have stayed in the casitas and cabanas. It is a lovely resort! The room has always been clean and the grounds are very nice to walk around. The pools are great! Our family has never had a bad experience there.

We stayed at CSR on our last trip and really liked it- enough to want to stay there when we go back in May! I liked the more "adult" appearance of the room but the theming was neat enough that the kids really liked it too. They loved the pool as well.

stayed this past Aug 2013 after a cruise on the Dream and I LOVED IT. only downside I must say is the food area I didn't care a lot for. But the Resort was picture perfect and the rooms wasn't kiddie like. Now if you looking for that this is not the resort for you. Please have good walking shoes it's a plus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter