Applying for spring 2015

disfanforlife

DIS Veteran
My daughter is interested in apply next fall for the Spring 2015 DCP. She is currently a sophomore in college. She asked her adviser about it and was told that while it would be a great experience for her she could not receive any college credits for it. Thats fine. But, my biggest question is how does it work with your college in that case? Is it considered a semester off from school? Would we still have to pay a fee to held her place at her school to come back the next fall? I know every school is probably a little different, but wondered if there was a general rule of thumb in how colleges treat it.

With my school, I am taking a leave of absence if I cannot get class credit for doing an "independent study" which is a course my school offers to do during your dcp. You won't have to pay anything to the school unless you are taking courses, and if you are all you will have to do is pay for that class.

My school would not give me credit unless the job fell within my category of study: Photopass, however I was given the merchandise role. My school did not give me any credits and I would either have to take online classes or take a semester off. It's important to pay attention to your scholarships. For me, I had to remain a full-time student to keep all of my scholarships therefore I had to take at least 12 hours of online classes.

Classes are very difficult while you are here, if you can manage it I would just take a semester off.

My college actually counts the DCP for a credited internship. Probably it has to do with my major (being broadcasting). I'm receiving 6-9 credits for my internship. I will still be at my college, but only as a part time student because of it

My college actually counts the DCP for a credited internship. Probably it has to do with my major (being broadcasting). I'm receiving 6-9 credits for my internship. I will still be at my college, but only as a part time student because of it

That is great! Good for you. She is a HRTM major and they told her it wouldn't count.

With my school, I am taking a leave of absence if I cannot get class credit for doing an "independent study" which is a course my school offers to do during your dcp. You won't have to pay anything to the school unless you are taking courses, and if you are all you will have to do is pay for that class.

I think that is what she will probably end up doing. That is if she gets into the DCP!

My school would not give me credit unless the job fell within my category of study: Photopass, however I was given the merchandise role. My school did not give me any credits and I would either have to take online classes or take a semester off. It's important to pay attention to your scholarships. For me, I had to remain a full-time student to keep all of my scholarships therefore I had to take at least 12 hours of online classes.

Classes are very difficult while you are here, if you can manage it I would just take a semester off.

If she isn't getting any credit - I don't think she will take any classes. Probably just take a lecture while there. She doesn't have any scholarships so we don't have to worry about that....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter