Applying for Second DCP! (Questions)

Disneyobsession138

I have a slightly unhealty obsession with Disney W
Hi everyone,

So I did my first program during Fall 2011. It was an amazing experience, but I had to leave early (I was NOT terminated) because I had a series of unfortunate but serious illnesses that caused me to call in multiple times. It was just extremely bad luck and I was so sad to have to leave, but my family, my managers, and I decided that I should focus on getting and staying well and then hopefully come back at a later date. My managers had told me I would have a rehire status, but did not tell me if there was a restriction....and we left on relatively good terms.

Does anyone know if the fact that in my last program, during the periods of my serious illnesses, the fact that I inevitably had multiple points and one reprimand on my record card hurt my chances of getting rehired as well? Do those points/reprimand carry over into my new program if I were to be re-accepted??? Do I have to apply in a different manner than before, or is it the same application process??

Also, does anyone know that since I am starting a graduate program in hospitality management and hotel lodging operations, is there a greater chance I will be placed in a hospitality role? Is it dumb to do a CP as a grad, haha?

Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate any insight/experience sharing and answers to my questions! :smickey:

Sorry that you got sick! I hope you are doing better now. Disney will ask why you left and you will have to explain. Any self-term does not help your chances to get accepted- you'll just have to prove why you should be able to go back to Disney!

Personally, I would suggest doing a PI, but it's up to you. Disney fills their roles based on what they need and based on your experience. A background job in hospitality could help! Or you could apply for just that job if working somewhere else doesn't interest you as it wouldn't help you with your career goals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter