Applying for jobs at Disney

Sorahana

DIS Veteran
So my husband and I are debating this. We're debating moving to FL and working at Disney. Here's my question!

I'm looking on Disneycareers and it says you can only apply for one hourly role every 6 months. Then how can you put so many in your cart? Can you only really apply for one position?

If you get denied from a position, any further applications within 6 months will be denied from what I understand.

I'm looking on Disneycareers and it says you can only apply for one hourly role every 6 months. Then how can you put so many in your cart? Can you only really apply for one position?

You are looking at two different things. The DisneyCareers.com Site shows all roles the Company is hiring for. If you are looking for a role in the Parks or Resorts as an hourly Host/Hostess (just about everyone a guest sees). Yes, you can only apply once in a 6 month period.

However, there are also offerings for professional and corporate roles. The hiring process for these are handled by separate offices than those for hourly Host/Hostess.

If you are looking to just get your foot in the door, you are better off going for an hourly Host/Hostess role. Going into the professional or corporate environment is very difficult if you are coming from the outside, unless your resume is impeccable and you have connections withing the department you want to get into.

You are looking at two different things. The DisneyCareers.com Site shows all roles the Company is hiring for. If you are looking for a role in the Parks or Resorts as an hourly Host/Hostess (just about everyone a guest sees). Yes, you can only apply once in a 6 month period.

However, there are also offerings for professional and corporate roles. The hiring process for these are handled by separate offices than those for hourly Host/Hostess.

If you are looking to just get your foot in the door, you are better off going for an hourly Host/Hostess role. Going into the professional or corporate environment is very difficult if you are coming from the outside, unless your resume is impeccable and you have connections withing the department you want to get into.

Yea we were looking to apply for WDW or the Hilton Head Resort. I submitted my app for Attractions last night, they want to schedule an interview next week....

What do I do?! I can't fly down there next week, I wasn't expecting it to happen that quick!

Yea we were looking to apply for WDW or the Hilton Head Resort. I submitted my app for Attractions last night, they want to schedule an interview next week....

What do I do?! I can't fly down there next week, I wasn't expecting it to happen that quick!
Did it say an in person interview or phone or no mention as to what type? If it says in person or thats what they want I would explain to them your situation. But for the college program the interviews are all over the phone which is what I would have assumed your interview would be. Although congrats on getting an interview!

Did it say an in person interview or phone or no mention as to what type? If it says in person or thats what they want I would explain to them your situation. But for the college program the interviews are all over the phone which is what I would have assumed your interview would be. Although congrats on getting an interview!

I think it's in person. I figured I would call them since we're still in MI since my hubby is stationed here. Us getting jobs down there is the deciding factor on if we make the move. He just applied so we'll see if it moves that quick for him.

I was just shocked it went from application to interview so quickly!!

They said they only do in person interviews :(. I have no clue how we could go down next week especially since hubby can't just leave work, you have to put in way in advance for leave.

They said they only do in person interviews :(. I have no clue how we could go down next week especially since hubby can't just leave work, you have to put in way in advance for leave.

Is there anyway you could just go down by yourself? I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. I hope everything works out and you are able to fulfill your dreams! Good luck! :thumbsup2

Personally, I think you would be better off calling Casting with your questions.

407-828-1000

Is there anyway you could just go down by yourself? I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. I hope everything works out and you are able to fulfill your dreams! Good luck! :thumbsup2

Plane tickets are too expensive so close, I guess right now it's just not the time :sad1:.

Personally, I think you would be better off calling Casting with your questions.

407-828-1000

I called them, they said in person interviews only.

Plane tickets are too expensive so close, I guess right now it's just not the time :sad1:.

Darn, I'm sorry. If you'd like some help trying to find a good deal, I might be able to help out.

Just curious, but since you have a week (I believe?) did you try checking other forms of transportation like train? It tends to be cheaper but takes around 24-27 hours from NY (having to go from the opposite side of NY to NYC then to FL) or driving yourself? Im sorry if this doesn't work out, but try to be professional about the situation, send them a thank you letter or something and apply again when you get another chance. After all it was quick this time, they must have liked and wanted you :) Good luck with your future endeavors!

So I got an email saying I have 3 days from receipt of the email to schedule an appt. does that mean I have until today or tomorrow?

If they know when you received the email (read receipt) I would count that day as day one. If you have your answer now, I would reply ASAP. That's just my personal opinion though.

If they know when you received the email (read receipt) I would count that day as day one. If you have your answer now, I would reply ASAP. That's just my personal opinion though.

Trying to decide. We pass this up now, got to wait 6 months. I'm thinking about flying down alone real quick to interview. Hubby is going to call tomorrow to see if they will let him do a phone interview. They have stuff going on at the station next week so there's no way he can leave to go for an interview (he is active duty Coast Guard).

When is your husband's enlistment up? Any way to wait until your husband is on terminal leave to apply? Also, you probably know about this program, but could be quite helpful for your husband as he transitions to civilian life and a job with Disney: http://heroesworkhere.disney.com/

Best of luck! My husband is also exploring Disney jobs (on the professional side) after he retires from the Coast Guard in a few years.

When is your husband's enlistment up? Any way to wait until your husband is on terminal leave to apply? Also, you probably know about this program, but could be quite helpful for your husband as he transitions to civilian life and a job with Disney: http://heroesworkhere.disney.com/

Best of luck! My husband is also exploring Disney jobs (on the professional side) after he retires from the Coast Guard in a few years.

We're going to wait 6 months and apply again. In the meantime going to get some debt paid down and save up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter