Applying for both CP and PI at the same time

KatieEverAfter

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone, I have a question about applying for both the CP and PI at the same time. Does it hurt your chances for getting a PI if you also apply for a CP? I've heard from previous CPers that if you apply for both and get the CP they'll just put you in that and you probably won't be considered for a PI. Just wondering how true that actually is.

As a campus rep I would say it can't hurt. Most PIs look for previous CP experience because they like the company connection and a letter of recommendation from a leader goes a long way. But if you have an outstanding resume, then the CP is not a big deal and they will accept you if you are better than the other candidates. PIs are very competitive. There are very few available and many applicants. For example, Disney had PIs for the Land open to agriculture students, there were four specific fields of study open. Out of those four fields only around 10 spots were available. Around the entire country, they were only taking around 10 students for these PIs. Now there are numerous PIs, but it is very competitive and that's why we say that the DCP is very important if you want to get a PI.

I think it depends on the PI. My daughter just completed a PI in Industrial Engineering. She had not done the CP and of the other IE interns she was friends with, only 1 or 2 had done a CP.

I applied for both a CP and a PI at the same time when I applied last year. I got into both and I can happily say I just ended my PI about a week and a half ago. I was in Animal Programs and it didn't seem to matter as much, but a lot of our positions are also looking for animal programs.

I had applied to the CP because I knew either way I wanted to work for the company, whether it was for 6 months or to start a career, I didn't know at the time. When I was offered my PI, I told my manager I had been offered and accepted the CP and she said she would handle it. She had done it before and transferring was pretty smooth. For me, it didn't hurt and it was nice to have a back up plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter