Applying code to SWA reservations?

jessgood1

Earning My Ears
I have reservations but new rates and the discount code will save $230!!! I can change the rate to the lower rate via the "change itenerary" but there is no place to put the coupon code. Can the code be applied to existing reservations?

Thanks!

I had this same problem when I wanted to rebook with the lower fare, there was no place to put the code. I thought maybe it was because I didn't use a code the first time. I ended up canceling the original reservation and then rebooking for the new, lower price. Just make sure the new flights you want are available first. I went all the way to the purchase screen for the new flights and then opened a new browser to cancel the old reservation. Once I got my confirmation number with the funds, I just applied it to the new reservation. May sound complicated but the whole thing took maybe 5 minutes and this is the first time using SW so I am definitely no expert.

If there is an easier way to apply the code I would love to hear it. Good luck!

I'm so stupid!!! I called SWA. She told me I could cancel existing and use for future travel. Didn't even think about cancelling and using immediately for the new trip :S (That's what happens when I think without caffeine!)

Oh well I saved $150 (could have been $225) - 75 sure was an expensive mistake!!)

Thanks so much though - will certainly remember this for next time!

Can you share the SW code and when it's good for? Is there a penalty to change? My sister just booked this week, maybe it will save her money? Thanks.

Originally posted by Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo
Can you share the SW code and when it's good for? Is there a penalty to change? My sister just booked this week, maybe it will save her money? Thanks.

It is posted somewhere on this site, I don't have it. It is good for flights up to the 16th of Jan. 04. You need to be a Rapid Rewards member.

No, there is not a penalty to change, BUT, you do need to cancel your original reservation and rebook, so, you should find out if the flights you want at the price you want are still available.
The SWA agents cannot apply the discount code for you.

Gail -

Just to clarify - I CAN check the availability on the website and if the "circles are open" - in other words - it is not saying "unavailable" that means those flights are available OR do you not really know until you ABSOLUTELY COMPLETE the booking process?? I would think the screen I referred to above would have to be correct, otherwise, how would people be able to choose their flight times, right? I just want to be sure before I cancel the other flight. lt looks like all of my times are available as of right now.

Also, if my hubby is the RR member - do I need his number to make this internet transaction - I do not see a spot for it but maybe it is on the "purchase" page???

I wish he would just hurry up and get home so he could do this - that way I won't be responsible if I screw it up!!!!

THANK YOU!

Originally posted by 3for Me
Gail -

Just to clarify - I CAN check the availability on the website and if the "circles are open" - in other words - it is not saying "unavailable" that means those flights are available OR do you not really know until you ABSOLUTELY COMPLETE the booking process?? I would think the screen I referred to above would have to be correct, otherwise, how would people be able to choose their flight times, right? I just want to be sure before I cancel the other flight. lt looks like all of my times are available as of right now.

Also, if my hubby is the RR member - do I need his number to make this internet transaction - I do not see a spot for it but maybe it is on the "purchase" page???

I wish he would just hurry up and get home so he could do this - that way I won't be responsible if I screw it up!!!!

Yes, if the circles are open you can book it. The screen will accurately show availability. Yes, you need his number, but, it takes only seconds to join yourself. Just write down the number.
You cannot mess this up, honest.
1. First check the availability.
2. If the flights are available, cancel the first reservation.
3. Keep the first reservation number handy.
4. Rebook the reservation and where it asks for payment, click on the unused funds button.
5. Follow (and read carefully, they can be confusing for first timers) the prompts and you will be all set.
6. If you have a credit coming keep the second reservation number in a safe place, you will need it when making future reservations.

Now, if this is confusing, have SWA cancel the reservation for you and follow steps. 3 - 6.
THANK YOU!

Gail -

You are the greatest AND you just saved me $223. 00 so....instead of DRIVING - UGHH in February we will use this credit to fly AND those dates are still available at the discount!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! :bounce:

Originally posted by 3for Me
Gail -

You are the greatest AND you just saved me $223. 00 so....instead of DRIVING - UGHH in February we will use this credit to fly AND those dates are still available at the discount!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! :bounce:

Oh that is super!!!! I am happy I could help. And, thank you for the kind words, it is nice to be appreciated. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter