Apple Stroller Rental Reviews

The other day I bought a console from Amazon fo $9 (including shipping). It has 2 insulated cup holders, a zipper pocket, and open pouch between the cup holders. We are currently using it on our single stroller since it only came with a single cup holder.

We plan to use it with our City Mini Double. Several reviewers on the site mentioned using it with their BJ City Minis (both single and double). Based on the amazing reviews, I think it will suit us just fine.

Looks like the price went up a $1 since I bought it last week.

Diono Buggy Buddy Stroller Organizer, Black

I am so glad to find this thread! I honestly do not know how anyone can go to DW without these boards. We are taking two oldest grandkids to Disney for the first time--by ourselves. I want it to be :love: not :headache:. And because it has been awhile since DH and I were "in charge" of little ones, I wanted to make sure I was covering the bases.

One of the things I picked up on these threads was to go ahead and use a stroller for my DGD, 3. Although she will be almost 4 when we go to DW in December, I think it will save her little feet (and our sanity) if we let her ride.

I do remember the Disney rental strollers from back in the day, and they couldn't hold a candle to the strollers my DDs have--so I rented a city mini from apple. $44.00, which I think is a good deal. I love that they are laundered, and I am going to buy one of those Diono Buggy Buddy things.

Thanks, everyone!:grouphug:

I know there are plenty of great reviews, but I thought this could also be useful- we used apple back in April, we did however have a few issues. I was pretty happy with how it was handled.

The folding mechanism was broke on our stroller (there was a bar under seat that wouldn't go in) - they came directly to our condo and switched it within 2 hours if calling

Then the second glitch- when they brought new stroller, the seat frame/boards weren't in it, luckily they brought them directly to us the next day while we ate lunch @ Epcot

It's nice to know that if you have a problem, they WILL take care of it within a timely manner, and they never ask you to meet them, they will come
to you.

I cancelled my order with them. When I placed my order the site said I would be charged a week before we would arrive (I placed the order in March but we don't go until August). I was charged 2 days after I placed the order but that was fine. I called them in June to tell them I changed my hotel. They sent me a new confirmation but with the same hotel. Unfortunately when they did that they also charged me a second time. It took 5 phone calls and several weeks before I could get my money refunded to me. One of the employees even tried to argue with me saying I must've made a mistake :confused3. I would have loved to have saved the money with them but decided to pay a little bit more and go with another company.

Has anyone used this stroller for an older child? My dd is 4.5yo She is tall for her age (42 1/4") but not heavy.

How easy is it to push with a preschooler as opposed to a baby?

I have a stroller that works well but as my DD gets older it is a little more difficult to push. We are going on a 10 day Disney trip, just h e 2 of us so I will be doing all of the pushing. I'm trying to decide if I should take our normal stroller or consider renting one of these?

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Has anyone used this stroller for an older child? My dd is 4.5yo She is tall for her age (42 1/4") but not heavy.

How easy is it to push with a preschooler as opposed to a baby?

I have a stroller that works well but as my DD gets older it is a little more difficult to push. We are going on a 10 day Disney trip, just h e 2 of us so I will be doing all of the pushing. I'm trying to decide if I should take our normal stroller or consider renting one of these?

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Yes, it is great for older kids. My son is 3, 35 lbs and 40 inches and i push him in our single city mini and it is just as easy (just a little more effort for more weight) as my 1 year old.

Yes, it is great for older kids. My son is 3, 35 lbs and 40 inches and i push him in our single city mini and it is just as easy (just a little more effort for more weight) as my 1 year old.

Thanks! I think we'll take a trip to Toys R Us and try her out in one. I want her to be comfortable as we'll be there for 10 days but if it's not much different then our normal one I'll save the money. She really likes her stroller, it's just not the easiest for Mommy to push long distances.

Thanks again for sharing your experience. My dd is about the same weight as your son and just a bit taller so your info is a great help!

We rented from Apple in May 2013 and it was an easy, enjoyable experience. I called them to confirm and see if I needed to pay right away as there is no place to input your cc info on the ressie site. Our stroller was there at check in and I just dropped it right back off when we left. PERFECT! I highly recommend! And for those wondering if they should use a stroller for their 4 year old...yes! Get the stroller. We have had one for the last 2 years for our 5/6 year old and will get one again in May 2014. Our 8 year old even sat in it for a while from time to time (He's tiny) I think the stroller has a 50 or 60 lb limit, so we will still be under that. It's also so handy for bags and jackets, etc.

I ordered from apple for our upcoming trip. My son is 7 and about 52 pounds. I plan to have him walk and only use the stroller when he gets tired, or going from bus to park etc. he doesn't have much stamina and I;d rather avoid the whining

I also have reserved a double stroller thru Apple for our Dec trip. When I reserved it, they charged my CC already for the full amount. Has anyone else been charged in advance? I called them about it and they said they do advance charge for stroller rentals. :-$

iluvwdw_2002 said:
I also have reserved a double stroller thru Apple for our Dec trip. When I reserved it, they charged my CC already for the full amount. Has anyone else been charged in advance? I called them about it and they said they do advance charge for stroller rentals. :-$

Yes. The 1st time we rented from them they charged a couple weeks before our trip. This time they charged us the week after I made the reservation, which was 4 months before our trip!

My daughter broke her ankle on Saturday the 9th, and our trip began on the 10th! Upon returning from the ER, I googled wheelchair rental, and opted to rent from Apple for the week - $69.20. Seemed reasonable to me. They charged my debit card immediately, and promised it would be at Yacht Club when we arrived the next day. It wasn't. Nor was it there on the 11th, nor was it at Beach Club. Luckily, a great manager at YC gave us a wheelchair for free for the duration of our trip. I called Apple a few times and got voice mail, but didn't leave a message. When I finally got Kelvin on the line on Wednesday or Thursday and he refused to believe that the wheelchair had not been delivered and refused to refund the amount I'd been charged. Also, he was very rude and asked why I hadn't contacted him earlier. I told him that I was on a vacation with 3 kids - one of whom had a broken ankle - and didn't want to spend my days chasing $69.20 around, although I'd be damned if I'd let him keep it! Yacht Club reimbursed me $60.20 for the rental (they intended to pay the full amount, but mistakenly thought that that's what I'd paid.) So, I'm not out any money, but I think it's incredibly unfair that Apple Strollers has been unjustly enriched by their negligent, and possibly intentionally deceptive, practices.

I do not recommend Apple Stroller for any rental.

Tricia

We used Apple last week and it was a great transaction.
They called to say it might be late, but since we were held up a little at the airport (long lines at Magical Express) by the time we go there our stroller was also there.
I called to say we would be dropping it off a little late as we were stuck on the monorail (it was having technical difficulties) and they were fine with that too.

The stroller was clean and in great working condition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter