Apple Scooters

I have heard nothing but good reports about Apple and I am not second guessing renting from them. My concerns are more of a confidential nature. I HATE giving my payment information over a phone, but I haven't been able to verify that their payment site is a secure website. That concerns me. Has anyone that has rented from them previously had any issues with payment? I would like to know its safe before giving out that kind of information.

I'm not a geek, but when people were starting to use Apple Scooter and reporting about it here about one to two years ago (including me), the geeks made a comment about the site not being secure. I can't say if this part has improved or not. From, what I understand so called secure sites have been hacked; so, you really aren't safe with anything on the internet.

I wasn't aware of these concerns (not a geek) on the website when I made my reservation that way with Apple Scooters and nothing bad has happened to me. We had a friend (not close by) that joined us for our trip and he rented by doing it over the phone from Apple. Nothing bad happened there, either.

I'm not sure, but if this is a high concern to you maybe the company will work out a different arrangement with you. Maybe, you could send a check in advance or perhaps use a debit gift card for the exact amount via the phone. I doubt if they will meet you at the resort for payment, but you can try that, too. Be honest with the owner and tell him your concerns. He may make an arrangement with you that will satisfy your concerns. Maybe, you can be our hero and he will correct this problem on his website (if it's still a problem-I'm not a geek to know) when you tell him your concerns.

Apple Scooters is not a fly by night and they have been around for a while. I don't think the owner will want his business to falter by playing games with credit cards and such. Also, he's staying in business; so, people are using him. This could be how he keeps his expenses down, too; so, he can give everyone a better deal. He may not be a geek, either and he may need some comments from us about this concern to change it, if it's still a problem.

I'm more aware of what to look for now with a secure site. I really don't know how to make you feel better, here.

I know there's lots of positive feedback for Apple, but wanted to put my 2 cents in as well.

We used them in June and were quite pleased. After making my reservation for the week, we ended up going down a day early and hitting the parks a day before we had originally planned.

So I called up Apple and asked if they could deliver it a day ahead of schedule and they had it there waiting for us!

Great service, great prices, and DH said if he ever considers actually giving in and buying one for full time use, then the kind we got was the one he wanted.

I'm not a geek, but when people were starting to use Apple Scooter and reporting about it here about one to two years ago (including me), the geeks made a comment about the site not being secure. I can't say if this part has improved or not. From, what I understand so called secure sites have been hacked; so, you really aren't safe with anything on the internet.

I wasn't aware of these concerns (not a geek) on the website when I made my reservation that way with Apple Scooters and nothing bad has happened to me. We had a friend (not close by) that joined us for our trip and he rented by doing it over the phone from Apple. Nothing bad happened there, either.

I'm not sure, but if this is a high concern to you maybe the company will work out a different arrangement with you. Maybe, you could send a check in advance or perhaps use a debit gift card for the exact amount via the phone. I doubt if they will meet you at the resort for payment, but you can try that, too. Be honest with the owner and tell him your concerns. He may make an arrangement with you that will satisfy your concerns. Maybe, you can be our hero and he will correct this problem on his website (if it's still a problem-I'm not a geek to know) when you tell him your concerns.

Apple Scooters is not a fly by night and they have been around for a while. I don't think the owner will want his business to falter by playing games with credit cards and such. Also, he's staying in business; so, people are using him. This could be how he keeps his expenses down, too; so, he can give everyone a better deal. He may not be a geek, either and he may need some comments from us about this concern to change it, if it's still a problem.

I'm more aware of what to look for now with a secure site. I really don't know how to make you feel better, here.

Thank you for the advice... I think I will contact the company and find out what they have to say.

I'll chime in with another positive for Apple Scooters. Rented in June and the scooter was almost new. I was going to try and remove the rent me sign from the basket, but then I ended up not needing the scooter for the entire vacation (due to being on prednisone for pneumonia). Price was great, too.

My only "problem" was that I had asked for a meet and greet at the resort to get hands-on help with disassembling and reassembling the scooter. They ignored that request and instead delivered to the hotel. I was waiting for a call from them and finally called them and asked when they were coming and was told it was already at Bell Services.

We had to use the manual to figure out the assembly, and we were so worried about breaking something, that it took us close to an hour to figure it out. If someone had been there with us, they would have been able to show us how hard to pull or tug or push the parts.

We are thinking of renting one of these for my Mom and I am concerned that I will not be able to take it apart and put it in the trunk of the car. The one I am renting is a Dodge charger. She is looking at the 4 wheeled one - holds a larger person - for comfort.

Is it hard to take them apart and can they fit into a regular trunk?

Thanks for any help you can provide. :flower3:

My Pride Go-Go is not hard to take apart or put back together. All I do is pull straight up on the seat to remove it. Lift straight up on the battery pack. Under the seat, by where the battery pack is located there is a lever. I pull up on the lever and it allows the rear wheels to come apart from the deck and front wheel. I then lock the front wheel with a turn of the button on the bottom of the tiller to keep the front wheel from turning left or right (this could be done at anytime during the process). I then turn the other button on the tiller to allow the tiller to drop down on the deck of the scooter and then tighten it back up. You may have to lift up on the deck a bit to fully pull the deck from the rear wheels, but it is not hard at all.

To put it back together, just do the same in reverse. Hint: Put the tiller back up in position for using it and unlock the front wheel before putting the seat and battery back on the scooter. It can be difficult to do if not done before.

I don't remember giving anyone any type of credit card information when we rented in May. Even when they delivered it to us, I paid cash and asked if he needed a cc # for security and he said no, everything was fine. DH and I just looked at each other like "you're kidding, leaving this expensive piece of equipment and not wanting a credit card #!" Just call and check with Apple, but I don't think you will have any problems. Also, if you want a paid receipt tell them to bring that when they deliver. We needed one to get reimbursed by DHs workmens comp but they didn't have one so we had to print it off email and it was not marked "paid".

Just reserved a scooter from Apple....including a canopy, insurance, free drop off and delivery...came to $135 for our 5 day trip!!!!

Alex was very helpful in answering my questions. Will post back when we get back...

i got this off of apples website (concerning paying cash)

Credit and Debit Card Policies

Apple Scooter Inc. accepts most major credit cards as credit identification and payment at the time of rental.

Apple Scooter Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to seek a Debit Card authorization hold of the estimated rental charges. When using a debit card at Apple Scooter Inc.

If you fail to return the Scooter as agreed, Apple Scooter will obtain additional authorizations from your account to cover the rental charges and the balance value of the scooter.

Apple Scooter is not responsible for any returned checks or over-drafts based on this policy.

Positive identification in addition to your driver's license may be required.

Cash or Check cards can be used at the end for payment of rental charges.

Note: Prepaid Debit/Gift cards are not acceptable methods of credit identification. One of the above mentioned cards must be presented. Prepaid Debit/Gift cards are accepted at time of return only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter