• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

apple mobility

byram13

disney granny
Has anyone rented from apple mobility. I am going to disney world in june and need to rent a scooter.
this will be my first time renting a scooter and i am a little confused about where to rent from. This will be our fifteenth time at mickeys house:surfweb::surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:

Hi and :welcome: to both DisBoards and disABILITIES!

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #2, you can get a lot of information about mobility concerns including locations where people rent ECVs. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature.

I know that some people have rented from Apple Scooters and reporterd favorable rssults. They are not on the list yet, but may get added in the future.

We are renting from them in a couple of weeks. I will post the results. (if that is ok?)

and the rate was great. We even had the scooter a little early. We got the compact one; because, we were in the car trunk with it a lot. The small version was very good for the buses, too. We paid $150/week not including tax and $10/day for each additional day. For the price we were well satisfied. This is a scooter that's on the smaller side; so, if you want a lot of leg room, etc. it may not be for you. It was the Pride GO GO Elite.

We were with another couple who rented with them, too. They got a bigger scooter (I think it was called a Pride Celebrity). It broke down into more pieces and was bigger; so, it gave more leg room. They got the scooter for the same price, but I think this is normally a little more in cost. This scooter was a little harder to handle when dealing with the car and buses. It still worked, but it was definitely harder.

we were going to get the elite because i have always had my husband to tear them down!

You'll find the Elite breaks down very easy and is easy to handle. I love mine!

how wide is this scooter? i'm thinking of renting one for our trip in a few weeks and I want something that will fit through a "normal" size hotel room door...we're staying at BLT and we don't have a handicap room booked (we're staying on my bosses points so the ressie is in their name...I can't even call to request a handicap room if i wanted to)

All hotel room doors are 36 inches. Most standard ECVs are 24 inches wide or less, so all ECVs will fit through a standard hotel door with no problem.

It is 22" wide. I just had to measure mine for an upcoming cruise.

Loved the Go Go elite. I plan on buying one. Not cumbersome, very comfortable and very easy to maneuver. We had 5 in room at Poly. 3 kids, one sleeping in a pack and play and I was able to maneuver gogo into the corner to charge and it did not take up too much room. I used Apple and was very satisfied with the information on website, customer service and the price. When my battery did not seem to be keeping the charge as long as it should, Alex met me at 8am at the front of the resort with a new one. I had a bad experience with Buena Vista scooters the year before and I was very gunshy. I highly recommend apple

Well, we wound up renting from Apple for the last 3 days. Mom was just worn out, by then. They were great. I got her the larger scooter due to the captain's seat. The driver was prompt, spent time with her, and it was one of the better ECV's we saw in the parks. Will call again.

Thank you everyone for your help. I think I am going to rent a scooter from apple.
thanks again!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter