apple.com Black Friday?

elliemae1192

Mouseketeer<br><font color="pink">Asked for sympat
Does anyone know what time the online sale will start? Also, has anyone ordered from them on BF before? If so, what kind of discount did you get? I'm looking for a good deal on a nano for my DD.
Thanks!

They have done the same thing the past 2 years-always saying to check back on Friday for great deals-and then it ends up being nothing great.

I'm not gonna hold my breath for this one.

Robinrs said:
They've been holding back on $29 refurbs all week. On their site they have this teaser: Ready Set Shop Special One Day Shopping Event Friday November 24th.

The nanos are still there, though.
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=2ACE5063&nclm=Certified

It would surprise me if they did any other type of deal on the $29 re-furbs. We ordered ours Nov 16th and our ship date is Dec 1-8. I couldn't see them making a bigger sale out of something they can't even fulfill current orders on.

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping they would do a % off on ipods, but maybe not. My local Sam's club has the 2gb 2nd generation for $138. I guess I'll go pick one up. Worst case, if Apple does have a great sale, I can just take the one from Sam's back. Thanks for the replies.

I got an email that their online BF promotion starts at midnight, PST tonight. Guess I need to be up at 3 am EST to browse as I'm looking for some IPOD accessories...yawn.---Kathy

I have access to employee purchasing through my new employer. There are teaser prices on there-and they're typically only 10 to 20 bucks off most of the BF ads I've looked at.

My 7yo wants the 'iP', the new tiny shuffle, so I was looking at it. We've decided not to get it, but I wll get accessories if the prices are right. Now that we've got two iPods in the house, one always want what the other is using!

Suzanne

My BIL works for an Apple stoe in the NE. I spoke to him and they are having a sale today--one of the only sales of the year.

Shuffles are cheaper now because they were redesigned and are $80 new for the new square design with a clip.

Apple stores are also going to have a refresh table -refurb table and opening an hour earlier today.

I just bit the bullet and purchased the 4gb Nano for DD19. With tax it came to $177. I used the government discount on the website--it's just like the education discount. Free shipping, engraving and $21 off the regular price of $187--that's the government price. She is going to freak! She's been begging for one for over a year. But I just have a hard time spending that kind of $. I was on the fence, but DH told me to just do it.

I got a 30gb ipod for $31.00 off the original $249.00 price. I'm not sure if they always offer free engraving and shipping but I got that too.
Darlene

I got DS the Ipod Radio Remote for his Nano. Was $38, marked down from $49, and free shipping.

may06orbust said:
I just bit the bullet and purchased the 4gb Nano for DD19. With tax it came to $177. I used the government discount on the website--it's just like the education discount. Free shipping, engraving and $21 off the regular price of $187--that's the government price. She is going to freak! She's been begging for one for over a year. But I just have a hard time spending that kind of $. I was on the fence, but DH told me to just do it.

What's the govt discount? That's the first I've heard of it and I don't see it anywhere on the website.

Went to the Apple store earlier today. There were tons of sales in store.

JBL Micro Ipod speaker
Ipod Nano (new one)
Ipod Shuffle (new one)
I trip type device

were all on sale. My BIL (who works in the store) said it is a one day sale only.

I know I am going to need a charger for the 2GB I just bought, but what else?

I there a kit someone can recommend that will give me the basics? This is for my 10 yr DD and we do not need top of the line everything.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I already feel like I overspent on this one.

Thanks

I bought a couple of accessories for and Ipod Nano at Apple online earlier today and the discount didn't show up until I had the items in my cart.

Pretty sneaky.....but I was thrilled to get a $29.99 item for $18.99 and free shipping!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter