• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

appetizers for kids on the DDP?

ToyStoryBo

Mouseketeer
It is my understanding that the kids get appetizers with their TS meals, right?? Are there specific appetizers on the kids' menu, or is that for any appetizer?

Yes, but it's kids' menu appetizers only. At most Disney restaurants, these consist of things like carrot and celery sticks, some grapes or apple slices, a small green salad, or a cup of chicken soup. They are not the types of items adults would consider "appetizers," they're not in portions suitable for sharing, and kids are not entitled to appetizers from the regular menu. Restaurants not run by Disney sometimes have less "healthy" types of items for kids' menu appetizers, like fried mozzarella cheese sticks.

It is my understanding that the kids get appetizers with their TS meals, right?? Are there specific appetizers on the kids' menu, or is that for any appetizer?

Kids' appetizers are not really appetizers. I think it is misleading that they are called "appetizers" on the DDP. They are generally things like carrot sticks, or grapes, or chicken noodle soup. I think people get excited when they hear kids get appetizers on the regular DDP, but I think it would be more accurate to just call these a "side" or a part of the entree.

It is usually soup (chicken noodle), salad (mixed green with Ranch dressing) or carrot and celery sticks in most restaurants.

Menus from Allears are pretty good.:)

Like the previous posters said it is more like a side than an appetizer. However we found that if we asked nicely they were very flexible. My son does not like salad, but loves fruit. If mixed fruit was on the menu as a dessert option we could ask for that instead of the salad. They would bring a small bowl of fruit with his meal and he could still get the ice cream for his dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter