Appetizer question on Disney Deluxe Dining plan

Pixeldust Fairy

DIS Veteran
Ok, So I read that you get an appetizer with each person on the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan. My question is, for example. If we go to the Sci-fi, where they offer boneless chicken wings, do you get a full order, or is it just a partial order? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

There are no special/modified menu items for DDP guests. If you order the chicken wings, you get the chicken wings, same as anyone else.

Remember, the DDP is simply a payment method - while your server generally asks if you're on DDP, so they can explain your entitlements to you - until you pay the check you could use DDP, cash, credit, room charge, or any other valid payment.

All of the above is true.

Unless . . . . .

The app says "for two." If that is the case, two people need to order it and it would count as the app for both of those people. (I'm not sure that it even applies now, I haven't had the DxDP for a while, so I don't know if any app is listed that way.)

Thank you everyone, I have used the dining plan before, but never the DxDP, and was very curious as to whether they offered a smaller portion given that everyone has the potential of ordering an appetizer. Thats a lot of food. Yikes. :)

All of the above is true.

Unless . . . . .

The app says "for two." If that is the case, two people need to order it and it would count as the app for both of those people. (I'm not sure that it even applies now, I haven't had the DxDP for a while, so I don't know if any app is listed that way.)

There are some places that have "for two" items, but it doesn't look like anything at SciFi falls under that currently. (Maybe the appetizer sampler would, but AllEars doesn't have "for 2" listed on that.)

Thank you everyone, I have used the dining plan before, but never the DxDP, and was very curious as to whether they offered a smaller portion given that everyone has the potential of ordering an appetizer. Thats a lot of food. Yikes. :)

Exactly. Even though it is fairly easy to save money with the DxDDP plan, it's just way too much food for my family. Just the thought of four full-size apps, four entrees, and four desserts on the table makes me queasy.

I'm thinking we can save a credit by ordering an appetizer, entree, and dessert and split it with one other person. Just because that is a lot of food. Has anyone done this?

I'm thinking we can save a credit by ordering an appetizer, entree, and dessert and split it with one other person. Just because that is a lot of food. Has anyone done this?

If you start saving credits on the Deluxe plan, you're going to have extra credits. Everyone gets 3 meals per night. Where would you use saved credits? If the deluxe plan is too much food, you may need to downgrade to the regular plan or pay OOP.

If you start saving credits on the Deluxe plan, you're going to have extra credits. Everyone gets 3 meals per night. Where would you use saved credits? If the deluxe plan is too much food, you may need to downgrade to the regular plan or pay OOP.
We will be there 5 days 4 nights, we have enough days to spare. We are already paying OOP for a couple of meals. Arrival day is early morning @9am, 4 nights and then departure day we leave at 7 pm. So we have an extra day to have full meals. We are having a couple of signature meals that cost 2 credits. So we would have space for it.

I think there are some misconceptions about the amount of food plated for the appetizer course in a traditional tablecloth restaurant. Historically, appetizers should be a little something to whet your appetite as the main course is cooked to order. I do know that some modern day American restaurants load you up on say..chicken wings, bread, all you may care to eat pasta salads, etc before you get to the entree but this is a fairly new trend.

We are doing the same thing. Sharing 3 meals between 4 ppl, because the Cinderella castle takes two credits.

Sharing sounds like a great plan. If you need a bit more food to get you through to the next meal there are all those snack credits to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter