Appetizer for Two

dookaloo

Earning My Ears
Been looking through the menus on Allears and notice that some restaurants have appetizers for two. For example Raglan Road, all appetizers are for two people. So if you are a party of two and on the delux dining plan, does this mean that you can only order 1 appetizer? For Raglan Road, I see no difference in the price from before, just wondering if you get more or is the quantity the same.

Thanks!

In our recent experience this month on the DxDDP, appetizers for two had to be ordered for 2 people to share; one person couldn't get the appetizer for two and have it count as their 'one' appetizer choice.

In our recent experience this month on the DxDDP, appetizers for two had to be ordered for 2 people to share; one person couldn't get the appetizer for two and have it count as their 'one' appetizer choice.

I've had the same experience. May '08 I was solo and on the DxDDP. At several places I asked if I could have a 1/2 order of some of the appetizers for two and was told no. In Sept '08 I was again on the DxDDP and with my husband and mom. At several places one of us really wanted one of the appetizers designated for two. We were told each time that those particular appetizers had to be ordered for two people and that they would not do a 1/2 order for a single diner.

Thanks everyone for the response.

Now just have to decide if it's worth it for Raglan Road. All the good appetizers are for 2 people.

We encountered many of these on our trip a few weeks ago.

At one restaurant (Sci-Fi), we had the app for two (Spinach and Artichoke dip and Chili dip) and our server said it had to be for two, but that we could also get a second app with it (we got the onion rings). So the rules vary from restaurant to restaurant regarding that, but I haven't been to one yet in two visits on the deluxe dining plan that allows for one person to order an app for two.

from the Dining Plan FAQ thread:

Can we order menu items intended to be "for two"?

Generally speaking, the Dining Plan only includes menu items that are intended for a single diner; it cannot be used to get menu items intended for more than one diner, and (again generally) you cannot even "pool credits" from multiple diners to order such items. There are exceptions, of course, especially to the last part; i.e., some restaurants will sometimes allow Dining Plan patrons to order menu items intended for more than one diner, if that number of diners are willing to order it and share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter