App Question

BroadwayHermione5

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been discussed I did a quick search but cant seem to find the answer to my two questions. I am one of the worst with technology (yet somehow the best in my family go figure) and also very used to WDW and the process for there may be different

First question: Made my park reservations today on my PC (YAY) but they are only showing under my future plans on the app-do we have to link them under tickets and passes as well?

Second question: the barcode is our ticket? will it show up under tickets and passes or not util day of on the app?

Thank you in advance!

BH5

If the reservations are showing under future plans you're all set.

You will access the park with your TICKET barcode in the app and, unless there is some kind of issue, will not need to show the reservation itself as it is linked to the ticket.

I'm not sure if that helps as I'm not sure exactly what you're asking above.

Reservations only show under future plans.

When I click on tickets and passes in the app, I see our tickets with a barcode. You may have to hit link tickets & passes and then add them manually.

If the reservations are showing under future plans you're all set.

You will access the park with your TICKET barcode in the app and, unless there is some kind of issue, will not need to show the reservation itself as it is linked to the ticket.

I'm not sure if that helps as I'm not sure exactly what you're asking above.
I assume they still send tickets to you in the mail which we could scan or there is the barcode that was on MDE on my computer. I hope that makes sense

I assume they still send tickets to you in the mail which we could scan or there is the barcode that was on MDE on my computer. I hope that makes sense

They do not send tickets to you in the mail. Did you purchase a package through Disney? If so, your actual tickets will show up in your account on DL app I think within the week or so before your trip. If you purchased tickets separately and already added them to your account (which you must have if you were able to make park reservations) the ticket barcode should already appear under tickets in the DL app (not MDE- that's WDW only) and you will scan that at the gate. At that time, they will print out and give you a paper cardstock ticket as well. From that point on you can scan either the ticket in the app or the cardstock ticket for park admission, LL returns etc.

They do not send tickets to you in the mail. Did you purchase a package through Disney? If so, your actual tickets will show up in your account on DL app I think within the week or so before your trip. If you purchased tickets separately and already added them to your account (which you must have if you were able to make park reservations) the ticket barcode should already appear under tickets in the DL app (not MDE- that's WDW only) and you will scan that at the gate. At that time, they will print out and give you a paper cardstock ticket as well. From that point on you can scan either the ticket in the app or the cardstock ticket for park admission, LL returns etc.
We did do the package through Disney.

I assume we can link ahead of time though if we want?

We purchased a Disneyland package through Costco and traveled last week.

As soon as we had our hotel reservation, we could go to the confirmation page and access a link to make park reservations. These park reservations were tied to our hotel reservation.

About a week before our check-in date, the official eTickets showed up. The link could also be found from the hotel reservation page. At this point I could print out the tickets (with the barcode) and "link" them to the Disneyland app.

Last edited:

As soon as we had our hotel reservation, we could go to the confirmation page and access a link to make park reservations. These park reservations were tied to our hotel reservation.

About a week before our check-in date, the official eTickets showed up. The link could also be found from the hotel reservation page. At this point I could print out the tickets (with the barcode) and "link" the them to the Disneyland app.
Thank you so much! I know we got the gift card because of Costco but I know we booked through DLR

About a week before our check-in date, the official eTickets showed up. The link could also be found from the hotel reservation page. At this point I could print out the tickets (with the barcode) and "link" the them to the Disneyland app.
Thanks for explaining this! We leave in a week and I didn't realize I couldn't actually bring up the tickets on the app.

About a week before our check-in date, the official eTickets showed up. The link could also be found from the hotel reservation page. At this point I could print out the tickets (with the barcode) and "link" them to the Disneyland app.
Thanks for this info. Another question, when/where did you get the lanyard and pin that is included in the package?

Thanks for this info. Another question, when/where did you get the lanyard and pin that is included in the package?
The "travel package" printout containing the barcode will list the names of the locations for pickup. One in DCA, one in DL. The DL location is in Tomorrowland at the Little Green Men's, which is where the Astro Blasters ride exits out to (I think).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter