• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Apology to moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen this number thrown around several times and have to wonder how many of those "over 100" user names were people who were banned and came back deliberately intending to attack this board and the posters who disagreed with their assessment of the situation. When these users were banned again, many of them several times over, they just kept adding the new name to a list to inflate (and inflame) the situation. I can easily see 80 new names in the course of 10 days - all made with the intention of keeping the agenda front and center.

I suspect the real number is probably closer to 20, if that. Maybe we'll get an explanation about why those 20 were initially banned. Maybe we won't. But I have to agree with Robin: If you don't something, vote with your feet. It's the only way to get the owner's attention.

Some of them were people who came here because they were angry at what was going on ..At least 20 of those are people who posted the list..That was the crime..A few did go out angry..In their view (and mine) they were sticking up for their friends and for what they saw as a wrong. They were voting with their feet .The number of those wrongly banned is much higher than those who deserved it... I deserve banning more than many of these people.

I'm sorry to disagree with you but eight or nine new user names per day is totally believable. Especially since this topic has been posted about ad nauseum and has been kept on the first page for over 11 days now.

WMAlex used the word agenda when describing what's going on. I have to agree with him.

I'm sure there are 8 or 9 new user names per day. They weren't banned users incognito, though. High post counts were banned...thousands of posts per user. That can't be done in a few days.

The word on the street is that the banned posters had accumulated over 400,000 posts in their time on the DIS. That sounds like a heck of a lot of posts per person if there were only 20 people. I would think that there would be more than 20 banned posters.

Definitely.

If I were to post the banned list, which I won't do, as it's gotten some posters banned in the past- you would very well see that the number is much closer to 100 than to 20. And most of the posters have one banned username, not multiples. A lot of them were upstanding, long term posters.

I'm sorry to disagree with you but eight or nine new user names per day is totally believable. Especially since this topic has been posted about ad nauseum and has been kept on the first page for over 11 days now.

WMAlex used the word agenda when describing what's going on. I have to agree with him.

So you are saying that you know ALL 100 of the user-names and you know the dates they were created, and at least 80 of them were created AFTER the first banning event started?

Is that the claim you are making? (And if so, please PM me the list and the dates the names were created--I would love to see this information. I'm absolutely 100% positive, however, that you do not have it, since I have been engaged in various threads with a majority of these usernames for longer than you have existed on this board (for the two years I have been here). And most of them have been here much, much longer than I have been.) Or are you seriously saying they are witches who created the aliases (sp?) up to 9 years ago in preparation for this event? :laughing:

I am not really friends with these people (I mean they seem like nice enough people, but I don't personally know them--I just have debated with some of them on the CB) and I don't necessarily love the board-which-shall-not-be-spoken-of, but come on--you are just making stuff up out of thin air and you know it!

There is an agenda..You are right about that..The agenda is to stick up for people, most of who were banned for no reason..I've seen the list. People who used multiple names are counted once...There were atually a couple instances where poster were listed more than once, with more than one name..They brought that to the listmakers attention and were then counted once..The number is around 100 individual posters...I know my word means little to you Carly,but I think there are some who will believe that I am posting what I know to the best of my ability

Some of them were people who came here because they were angry at what was going on ..At least 20 of those are people who posted the list..That was the crime..A few did go out angry..In their view (and mine) they were sticking up for their friends and for what they saw as a wrong. They were voting with their feet .The number of those wrongly banned is much higher than those who deserved it... I deserve banning more than many of these people.

:thumbsup2

Or maybe all of this is just some weird "new math" that my DD9 will teach me about in the near future. :)

Do you speak from experience on multiple user names?

I certainly don't think it's been discussed ad nauseum. I think it is pretty easy to avoid the threads if you don't want to read about it.

No you don't Jenny. And neither did they.

I've seen that list. Many times. And having been here quite a long time myself I can tell you that most of them were long term DISers, not new user names made up in the past few days.

Not to sound harsh, but whether you are the first sheep to step off the top of a cliff or the 101st, the result is still going to be the same.
I don't think the Dis is responsible for any numbers.
This is a message board, if you don't like it you don't have to post here.
I have a feeling that alot of the posters who are complaining but still here know that they are not going to find such a friendly welcoming site that tries to be as classy as the dis if they leave.
I think the people in charge are doing the best they can I am not now have I ever been one to brown nose anyone, just ask any teacher I ever had!:laughing:

That's a long list and frankly, I don't know even one person who could be bothered to makeup and set up 8 new names A DAY. Sounds alittle paranoid. Who would have the time? Also, I know more than 20 of those people on the banned list, so that math doesn't work out.

But i really have to blame myself for getting annoyed, it was plain to see this was going to be a sycophant thread, don't know why I popped in to get my blood pressure spiked. I leave you "oh so pure and mighty" smoochers to yourselves, lets go ladies...:dance3:

The boards don't need anymore garbage.

Not to sound harsh, but whether you are the first sheep to step off the top of a cliif or the 101st, the result is still going to be the same.
I have a feeling that alot of the posters who are complaining but still here know that they are not going to find such a friendly welcoming site that try's to be as classy as the dis if they leave.
I:

I have a few other sites I post on daily..I really like the Dis, but it's not the be all end all..It's the people that make the Dis what it is...If the people are leaving in droves , what's the point of staying here..The Dis is the posters.

Not to sound harsh, but whether you are the first sheep to step off the top of a cliff or the 101st, the result is still going to be the same. :

Yeah except this situation started with unsuspecting sheep being thrown off the cliff....

I have a few other sites I post on daily..I really like the Dis, but it's not the be all end all..It's the people that make the Dis what it is...If the people are leaving in droves , what's the point of staying here..The Dis is the posters.

It seems like it is the end all be all to alot of people or what else is all of the drama about. I think most of those people are probably on another site already, but I doubt its as nice as this one...thats all I was saying.:goodvibes

Not to sound harsh, but whether you are the first sheep to step off the top of a cliif or the 101st, the result is still going to be the same.
I have a feeling that alot of the posters who are complaining but still here know that they are not going to find such a friendly welcoming site that try's to be as classy as the dis if they leave.
I think the people in charge are doing the best they can I am not now have I ever been one to brown nose anyone, just ask any teacher I ever had!:laughing:

I'm honestly tired of people telling me if I don't like it I can go somewhere else. That's entirely the issue, I DID like it here until recently. People I admired, and who's posts I enjoyed reading have vanished without a trace from this site. There were more than a handful of posters who were banned with no reason given, no previous points or infractions. Like everyone has pointed out before, one poster was on vacation when he was banned. That doesn't hit you in the wrong way in the slightest? Because it doesn't sit well with me.

ETA: And FWIW, I'm not friends with any of the banned, or anyone not banned for that matter here ;). I just don't think any of this is right.

If the banned list is around 100 DISers (which it is), with a total post count of around 400,000 posts (which it is), that's around about 4,000 posts per user. WE are the DIS. It's hard to get that many posts in a week. You've been a member for much longer than a week and only have 300 posts.

Take a look at my join date and post count, don't forget it if I'm gone. I didn't join this week.

I don't think that people should get booted off because they join some other website or stand up for themselves. If that is indeed what is happening and I guess that's just one side of the story but nobody is telling the other side.

Not to sound harsh, but whether you are the first sheep to step off the top of a cliff or the 101st, the result is still going to be the same.
I have a feeling that alot of the posters who are complaining but still here know that they are not going to find such a friendly welcoming site that tries to be as classy as the dis if they leave.

I respectfully disagree, I think what you see here are long-term, devoted Dis posters who are trying to stop a train wreck. We have seen people we know being terribly hurt by what's going on. Many of those no longer here are some of the most prolific and well-known posters. I think that those of us who are still here to speak out are screaming that the actions that have been taken lately are destroying this board as we know it. I've been here for a while. I don't want to go to another board without putting up one hell of a fight to get mine back.

Several of those who are left are also prolific Community Board posters and I can tell you with certainty that the number is NOT 20, because I've posted with them in the past and I know them.

I think that the people who you are looking for answers from are busy dealing with other more important things like the passing of Bawb. For those who dont know about Bawb or listen to the podcasts come over to the podcast page.

I've seen this number thrown around several times and have to wonder how many of those "over 100" user names were people who were banned and came back deliberately intending to attack this board and the posters who disagreed with their assessment of the situation. When these users were banned again, many of them several times over, they just kept adding the new name to a list to inflate (and inflame) the situation. I can easily see 80 new names in the course of 10 days - all made with the intention of keeping the agenda front and center.

I suspect the real number is probably closer to 20, if that. Maybe we'll get an explanation about why those 20 were initially banned. Maybe we won't. But I have to agree with Robin: If you don't something, vote with your feet. It's the only way to get the owner's attention.

I am sure we all having nothing better to do than make multiple screen names and make thousands of posts on each one:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually, it's likely much more than 100 folks banned. The post total for these people number about 500,000 posts. That's an average of 5,000 posts per poster.

I don't know what the mean number would be, owing to my public school education (and being lazy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter