• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

APL Rotation-- Late Dining

Fay Ray

Just one third of BLT
I would like to hear from anyone who has had the APL dining roation-- LATE dining on the Magic. I know that this is generally the "lots of kids" rotation. Does that hold true for late dining? We have one 10 year old and are dining at the second sitting. I just wanted to know if it's still lots of pre school age kids on that rotation during the late dining.....

We had heard the same thing but decided to ask for it because of the theme nights matching up so well on that rotation. There were sufficient amount of kids that my 2 12 yr olds didn't feel out of place (when doing the conga line, waving napkins or other festive things in the dining room). On Thursday night, you could tell the little ones had just about maxed out their fun meter because by the end of the meal we had counted 5 toddlers, absolutely dead to the world, being carried out but we heard not one crying or inappropriately noisy child all week.

We were on the APL second seating with our 10 year old son. We were seated with a very nice couple from England and their 9 month old daughter. My son had a lot of fun and did not mind at all. I did not notice an over abundance of young children.

We did the APL late dinning rotation with our kids and LOVED it for several reasons. We were a table of 10, myself, DH, DD,DS, twin sister and her hubby, DD and DS and a couple from Alaska/Alabama that we met on these boards and acually asked to sit with a family with kids. The two dress-up night were in Lumiere's, and while my DH didn't mind dressing up twice, he would have disliked having to dress-up four times. My DD turned 12 on formal night and enjoyed acting very "grown-up". DS was 5 and was mostly good, although our tablemates had a very funny story about how he and my 8 y/o nephew removed the middle of the dinner rolls. As stated in a previous post I did see several children sleeping by the time deserrt was served, my son included. One night the kids finished thier dinner quickly, and we allowed them to return to my sisters cabin, with my 12 year old in charge, while we finished our dinner. And one night the kids desided it would be more fun to order room service. So again it was just us grown-ups. I NEVER hear or saw anything coming from another table that bothered me. In fact we are hoping for this same rotation on our next cruise. Later, Twinave

That helps! I just wanted to make sure it's not a "circus"!

PS-- The Boss was just here last week and received rave reviews. I wish I could have gone!

We were on this rotation twice, and even though we do not have kids, we really enjoyed it. In one case, we were seated with a mom and her three year old daughter who was the cutest and most well mannered little girl you ever saw. On the other, we were with a mom and her son, but they bonded with a family at an adjacent table who had a son of the same age, so they spent a lot of time over there. There was definitely a high population of younger kids, and as the cruise wore on, many of them would nod off at the table. You'd see the occasional youngster "escape" and make a break for it before a parent swooped in, but it wasn't outrageously wild...we thought it was fun.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We thought we would be doing well with a late dinner rotation due to the time change and the fact that our lifestyle typically dictates a late dinner rotation.

"Middle" kids will probably do well, but my seven year old nephew went into a carbohydrate coma minutes after the nightly ritual of cheese pizza and chocolate milk. Nothing would wake him up, not even a Mickey mouse ice cream bar.

I have great pictures of him on two of the three nights, including a new "hidden Mickey" that I would love to post if I only knew how.

While we thought we would do well with a late dinner rotation what we didn't count on is that small fry play so hard during the day it's hard to keep them attentive in the evening.

Fay Ray; Thanks for the Boss update, I've seen him twice, always a great show. I've got tickets to see Crosby, Stills, and Nash on May 2. Row 6. Can't wait!!:smooth: Later, Ave'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter