APH rate and showing your AP

Candycane83

DIS Veteran
Weird question... I have a 3 day park to park and want to upgrade to AP since I got a good APH rate. I'm going from Nov 30-Dec3.
When do you need to show your AP? Can I show my AP at checkout and they will honor the rate?
Can I use my pass from Dec 1-3 and upgrade to a seasonal pass on Dec 3 after entering the park? There will be a concert at Universal Studios on Dec 3.
I'm wondering if I would just upgrade on Nov 30 and enter IOA only on Dec 3 or upgrade on the last day to get access to both parks. Please help! :thanks:

I have never been asked for my AP though many report they have. Yes, show it anytime before checkout though. You can upgrade your pass before you exit on the third day. I have never done this so I'm going off of what I've read. I believe the start date of your pass will start from the first day you use your ticket.

When you check in, ask when they'll need to see the pass. They won't need it at checkin FYI. They know that not everyone has it. So just ask and they'll tell you. :)

Thank you both! This is really helpful! Just one more thing... will they let me upgrade on a blockout date??

I also am planning to check in before I have a chance to buy an AP at the gate (and also because of the Dec APH rates that just came out). Can I get the 15% discount on others' tickets in the same purchase, or will I have to enter the park or something, exit, and then buy others' tickets to get the discount?

Thank you both! This is really helpful! Just one more thing... will they let me upgrade on a blockout date??

I am confused why you are asking, as I don't see any blockout dates for Nov 30 -Dec 3?

Nevermind, now I see the fine print about concerts. I don't think I have ever been when there was a concert there. I would not even have thought to check.

I am confused why you are asking, as I don't see any blockout dates for Nov 30 -Dec 3?
Dec 3 is a blockout date for seasonal passes since there is a concert at Universal Studios Orlando. (I was confused too at first when someone else mentioned it)

I also am planning to check in before I have a chance to buy an AP at the gate (and also because of the Dec APH rates that just came out). Can I get the 15% discount on others' tickets in the same purchase, or will I have to enter the park or something, exit, and then buy others' tickets to get the discount?

Once you buy the AP you need to activate it

Once it is activated you are entitled to the perks of buying discounted tickets for others

Buy the AP
Go to the gate
Swipe your AP and do finger scan set up
Voilà you now have an activated AP

Just remember that it's % off of the gate price. Buying online gives you a certain $ off of tickets. It's not 15% off of the online price. Check to make sure the AP discount on tickets is a better deal than just buying from UO ahead of time!

Just remember that it's % off of the gate price. Buying online gives you a certain $ off of tickets. It's not 15% off of the online price. Check to make sure the AP discount on tickets is a better deal than just buying from UO ahead of time!
According to their website, a 3-day park-to-park ticket is $230 online (adult) and $250 at the gate. 15% off $250 is $37.50, more than the $20 savings for buying ahead online. I would need two adult tickets, saving $75 instead of $40 for buying online. We're arriving in the afternoon, so we won't be in a RD dash at the gate, so I'm OK if it all takes some time. All we plan to do the first afternoon and evening is enjoy Diagon Alley.
I only wonder if the coupon book they send pre-buyers is any good, or is it just coupons for things we don't want. Like I doubt there are coupons for *anything* HP related.

How did you find out there was a concert that day? I am also planning on upgrading my kids tickets before we leave and I don't know about any concerts

According to their website, a 3-day park-to-park ticket is $230 online (adult) and $250 at the gate. 15% off $250 is $37.50, more than the $20 savings for buying ahead online. I would need two adult tickets, saving $75 instead of $40 for buying online. We're arriving in the afternoon, so we won't be in a RD dash at the gate, so I'm OK if it all takes some time. All we plan to do the first afternoon and evening is enjoy Diagon Alley.
I only wonder if the coupon book they send pre-buyers is any good, or is it just coupons for things we don't want. Like I doubt there are coupons for *anything* HP related.

It is the same price to purchase at Undercover tourst as the AP price. Then you'd already have your tickets in hand.

It is the same price to purchase at Undercover tourst as the AP price. Then you'd already have your tickets in hand.

Yeah, I've been circling around those tickets. Your fine reasoning makes me ready to pull the trigger. One question: If I buy myself a ticket, can I use it to upgrade to an AP at the gate, like I did at DLR? I like having options.

Yeah, I've been circling around those tickets. Your fine reasoning makes me ready to pull the trigger. One question: If I buy myself a ticket, can I use it to upgrade to an AP at the gate, like I did at DLR? I like having options.

Yes, just don't purchase a ticket with an expiration date as upgrading is variable with those tickets.

I was the one who alerted @Candycane83 about the blackout day for the Seasonal Pass. I guess a better question would be if anyone has had luck upgrading their tickets to Power Pass during a blackout date like Spring Break, specifically on the last day.

I was the one who alerted @Candycane83 about the blackout day for the Seasonal Pass. I guess a better question would be if anyone has had luck upgrading their tickets to Power Pass during a blackout date like Spring Break, specifically on the last day.

I am in the same situation. My arrival day at the UO is the last day of the August blockout dates for the Seasonal Pass. I got tickets using Airmiles and planning to upgrade my tickets to Seasonal Passes for hotel and dining discounts. I hope there will be no concert for that week, Sunday to Friday.

Is it ok for me to enter one park then hop to another using one day of my 2-day park to park ticket, and then upon leaving the park for the night, upgrade the ticket to a Seasonal Pass for the rest of my stay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter