APH buy 1 meal deal get 1 50% off

Jaylin

Mouseketeer
Has anyone taken advantage of this perk yet? Went to the park today and she said it was only good on the $27.99 deal that includes the drink cup. I don't need anymore cups!! I wanted the 21.99 adult meal. Did anyone have better luck then me??

Last year it was the $21.99 deal ... I checked the APH bulletin and it did not specify the plan with the drink cup it only says dining plan so yet again we have a misinformed TM :sad2:

I would try another TM and ask to speak to a manager if you get the runaround again.

Thank you! I'm going to try again tomorrow!

It does not say it has to include the drink cup. Be insistent and ask for a manager if there is an issue. You could even print out the deal from the website.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Annual-Passes/Benefits.aspx?Intsrch=annual pass

†††Offer is available to Universal Orlando Annual Passholders from August 19 – September 30, 2016. Offer valid for in-park purchase(s) only when purchasing a Universal Dining Plan – Quick Service with presentation of a valid Annual Pass. Purchase at all Quick Service in-park locations. Limit two (2) offer redemptions per day [two full-price Dining Plan Combo(s) and two ½ price Dining Plan Combo(s)]. Discount will apply to Dining Plan Combo of equal or lesser value. If purchasing two (2) Dining Plan Combo(s), both Dining Plan Combo(s) must be purchased and used on the same day during normal theme park operating hours. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, discount or prior purchase.

If anybody has other experiences, please report back. We are planning to use this deal next week but only for quick service. I already have a print out of the deal.

Well I'm happy to report that today it worked! Was at US went to the kiosk as soon as you walk in and had no problems at all! Her only rule was a limit of 4 meals, so 2 sets of BOGO. She never asked for my AP pass or anything.

The oriental woman at the dining kiosk at IOA was the one who insisted it was just the 27.99 plan. She was there yesterday & today

Well I'm happy to report that today it worked! Was at US went to the kiosk as soon as you walk in and had no problems at all! Her only rule was a limit of 4 meals, so 2 sets of BOGO. She never asked for my AP pass or anything.

The oriental woman at the dining kiosk at IOA was the one who insisted it was just the 27.99 plan. She was there yesterday & today

Did you go and tell her she was wrong?

Did you go and tell her she was wrong?
I really wanted to!! But we were on our way out with hot& tired kids and she had a line. It drives me crazy when people don't know what the heck they're talking about!!

Question- do you have to use them all on the same day? I know the fine print says so- but it did last year also, and you could use the snack and drink credits over the next 7 days. Can you confirm?

It drives me crazy when people don't know what the heck they're talking about!!

spinoff thought:

Had a TM at FJ today not listen to me in any way, shape, or form. She just kept repeating what she was saying as I said "I'm not talking about that, I'm asking THIS". I finally walked away. It happens so rarely at Universal that it really sticks out to me! I wanted to go back to her later when it was calmer and help her understand that she needs to *listen*.

(we were there for EE and no one ever actually checked that we had room keys, and as we got in line for FJ I thought the TMs were checking, I held them out to ask if they were checking them, and she just kept saying "we don't have Express" as I said "I'm here for Early Entry, and these are room keys not Express"...it was ridiculous that I stuck around even as it was OBVIOUS no one was checking and people were streaming past us, but it was MORE ridiculous that she kept saying that while looking at ROOM KEYS and hearing me say "I'm not talking about Express")

Glad it worked when you tried again.

They have done the other deal before. They had it during one of our visits this past Nov/Dec. However, the Freestyle drink is not required of the current deal.

Question- do you have to use them all on the same day? I know the fine print says so- but it did last year also, and you could use the snack and drink credits over the next 7 days. Can you confirm?

Can anyone answer this yet? Still have t found out online.

Haven't been this yet yet but bought the counter meal at the 3 B's last October and used the snack and beverage coupon a week later

Would think it is the same way as have not read otherwise

When in doubt , call UO

We're hoping to do this, we arrive on the 28th and will be getting our AP's on the 29th is the dining deal worth it? I'm guessing it would b with the bogof deal? Is there a list of places that except it?

In one of my facebook groups, someone complained that the restaurants closed too early and they weren't able to use their deal. The fine print did say you couldn't - but that's what it said when I used a deal in Nov. I told them to try the next day. And it worked - with no problems.

@tinkerpea there are some menus with prices somewhere, but it may depend on what you order. I'd think it would be a good deal in most cases though. Even without the deal, getting the chicken and ribs from 3B's and a frozen butterbeer for a snack make the other two drinks almost free. (And that was before the most recent butterbeer price increase). So, in most cases, I'd say yes. It's a quick service plan so the quick service places would accept it. We did have a problem with not all places selling it when we bought it - but that was the deal in Nov that included the freestyle drink so not the exact same thing. 3B's doesn't sell the freestyle drink so that's why we had to buy our plan in a different location and then go to 3B's to use it.

We intend to get the deal on Sunday, I will report back if they are usable over multiple days. I've read other reports they are, but will verify.

What time do the quick serves close?

Is there anywhere that lists what meal are and are not covered on the plan?
For example does it cover the Ploughman's at The Leaky Cauldron? I assume that is excluded.

Counter services stop taking orders 30 minutes prior to park closing

If they have food already cooked and available, you can buy it

At Louie's the pizza that are in the warming sections you see in the order line will be sold can be bought

They stop taking food orders At the 30 minute time period but do sell off what has already been made

Is there anywhere that lists what meal are and are not covered on the plan?
For example does it cover the Ploughman's at The Leaky Cauldron? I assume that is excluded.

Ploughman's isn't included---it's a meal for two people.

Last edited:
When the dining program first began, there was a list of places and food items included

Not sure if any of that has changed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter