Aperture or Lightroom?

rachel09985

DIS Veteran
Hello!

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas/Holiday.

I got $85 in iTunes GC so trying to figure out which photo editing software I should get.

I am not a professional and will just want to use it to retouch photos.

What would you suggest? The $80 price tag on Aperture is a plus for me.

Get the free trials and see which one you like better. It is largely personal preference.

As far as retouching though... what kind of retouching? Just standard processing or actual retouching with cloning, skin smoothing, blemish removal, etc.. Because while Lightroom is great for standard processing, when you go farther than that you'd want Photoshop Elements or CS6.

I run a blog called http://aperturevslightroom.com. Both programs are great, but they do have some differences that may be important to you.

If you have specific questions, let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

Get the free trials and see which one you like better. It is largely personal preference.

As far as retouching though... what kind of retouching? Just standard processing or actual retouching with cloning, skin smoothing, blemish removal, etc.. Because while Lightroom is great for standard processing, when you go farther than that you'd want Photoshop Elements or CS6.

I don't think I want cloning, skin smoothing, or blemish removal. To be honest I am not sure what I am looking for because I have had my DSLR for a year and haven't really done any post editing.

I run a blog called http://aperturevslightroom.com. Both programs are great, but they do have some differences that may be important to you.

If you have specific questions, let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

thanks!! I will check that out!

I think this is the right way to go. Use the trials, see which works best for you. But don't forget the educational discounts for Lightroom. If you are an educator or have any kids in school you can get a good discount on Adobe software.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter