Apb Out For Michael Jackson !!!

DisDuck said:
minnie.. The similarites are the crime itself. Accusations can be made about anything but proof beyond a reasonable doubt is required. Until then I hold that all defendents are Innocent Until Proven Guilty.

I am prepared to be flamed because there are the examples of someone 'standing over the victim with a smoking gun in hand'. Then how Innocent could that person be? However, it has been a cornerstone of our system of law that there is always the presumption of innocence.

I think the Lifetimes network did a movie about the NJ case, if I remember correctly. I wasn't trying to flame you and I hope that the system works correctly and that justice is served. :)

It just goes to show how uninterested I am in the trial. My made assumptions about the judge that are untrue. For that I apologize. Even my participation here would have been as a lurking not posting except for the tone/comments of some who already have him judged guilty. It is for this reason only I mentioned the presumption issue.

Personally, I could care less. I will read on the trial now and again. But don't really care about result of the trial. To me just another trial like thousands that go on across this country everyday.

Ridiculous how many people on this board get off on making fun of someone who is still innocent.

DisDuck said:
The double standard cuts both ways sometimes. If this was someone other than MJ how does anyone know what the judge would have done? This judge may like his time in the limelight and is particularly strict as it gets him video time. A non-descript defendent might actually have been cut some slack because no TV time. This is the cynic in me talking but who knows.

I hope none of you who already have him guilty ever have to be a defendent and the 'media' & crowd do not give you the presumption of innocence.

Out of curiosity, I did a search on Superior Court Judge Rodney S. Melville - there is a lot of information out there - and the general opinion from his colleagues is that he is a fair and compassionate judge and he insists on strict observance of courtroom decorum and procedure. "Model of leadership" is just one of quite a few positive phrases I found.

With regards to your comment about the judge liking the limelight, I think if that were the case he would have allowed cameras in the courtroom.

He made his opinion clear back in January 2004 when Jackson was more than 20 minutes late into the courtroom (he said it was an insult to the court). He also wasn't impressed when the star wanted the court to excuse him for a bathroom break, and told his attorney (Mark Geragos, I can't remember where he went) he may have to advise his client to regulate his liquid intake!

BTW, your comment in the final paragraph implies to me that you think only those who believe MJ is guilty have a problem with him being discourteous towards all those others who arrive in good time for the court, that is, the judge, officials, jurors, security people etc. I would say that it is a matter of common sense as well as courtesy to arrive in time for a court case where one is the defendant, no matter what the charge or who the defendant is.

Christine said:
Oh, so now *all* need to be held up to the standard of the stoic diehards who can work through any pain??? Thank God you're not my boss....

No need to get all defensive here Christine, I just have a different POV that's all :) Please, stop putting words into my mouth.

If President Kennedy could run the country and guide it through the Cuban Missle Crisis (as difficult as his job was and is) while still dealing with his back then I think that Jackson can also deal with his back and show up in court on time and in proper attire. Jackson's "job" right now is not difficult as being the President of the USA, and thousands of other defendants with various medical problems show up to court on time so why can't he? Jackson's back pain gets no sympathy from me.

EltonJohn said:
No need to get all defensive here Christine, I just have a different POV that's all :) Please, stop putting words into my mouth.

If President Kennedy could run the country and guide it through the Cuban Missle Crisis (as difficult as his job was and is) while still dealing with his back then I think that Jackson can also deal with his back and show up in court on time and in proper attire. Jackson's "job" right now is not difficult as being the President of the USA, and thousands of other defendants with various medical problems show up to court on time so why can't he? Jackson's back pain gets no sympathy from me.

In all fairness isn't the current train of thought that Kennedy was on an unhealthy amount of pain killers in order to function "normally" because of his back?

JoeThaNo1Stunna said:
Ridiculous how many people on this board get off on making fun of someone who is still innocent.

He is innocent until prooven guilty in the eyes of the American Justice system, but even guilty defendants can be acquitted. He is not neccesarily innocent.

For all we know Jackson might be guilty, but will eventually be acquitted because the prosecution fails to proove their case. An acquittal does not mean that the defendant is innocent.

How many here think OJ did it?

MJ is doing a good job of pushing the limits. He it definitely trying to see how much he is able to get away with and he really doesnt seem to have much respect for authority. Its such a shame to see the direction an amazing singer and peformer has gone.

As far as him showing up to late, I think this judge is being more than fair because the times I have sat in a court room if a person does not show up on time a warrant is almost immediately put out. They dont have the time to call and find out where they are. Thats rediculous. If a person truly cares about defending themself I would think they would at least act like they care.

PS - I have those PJS in pink. :p

Mermaid02 said:
In all fairness isn't the current train of thought that Kennedy was on an unhealthy amount of pain killers in order to function "normally" because of his back?

I have no idea. Even if he was on a unhealthy amount of pain killers that still does not change my opinion on Jackson's back. All Jackson has to do is sit in a courtroom. If his back hurts then he should take some medicine and/or do some mental exercises then grin and bear it. Pain is a part of life.

Disney1fan2002 said:
People are here giving their opinions on how MJ is acting throughout this trial, has nothing to do with whether or not they think he is guilty or innocent.

I agree completely. They are two separate things. As to the charges, MJ is innocent until proven guilty.

His obvious (to me) lack of respect for the legal process and constant need for attention is what bothers me. The judge sounds like he's been MORE than patient here.

Actually I think OJ is innocent since the case against him was not proven. That is all our legal system requires. Is every person brought to trial and acquited really guilty?

I tendered my apologizes on the judge. My made assumptions (notice the first 3 letters of this word) that were false. Mea Culpa.

Not making excuses for MJ's actions. His clothing choices were wrong. Have really only focused on trial 'assumptions' not wardrobe choices.

DisDuck said:
Actually I think OJ is innocent since the case against him was not proven.

WoW! OJ is innocent because the the case was not proven? Interesting. No, not every person who is aquitted is guilty. That is why we have the Justice system. But the OJ trial was a disgusting JOKE of the California justice system. The state may not of proved their case in a criminal trial, but the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole did a better job at proving their case, because OJ LOST the civil trial. How many innocent people are found responsible for the crime in a civil trial?

I'm not making excuses for MJ.... I seriously doubt he hurt his back. He was probably just trying to buy time....

danacara said:
His Jury consultant must be banging his head against the defense table this AM.

Showing up in your pajama pants? Does he respect the fact that he's on trial for his freedom? The sixty year old woman on the jury will not be amused by the strange looking man who showed up in his pajamas ---

My husband is a public defender. He had a drunk driving client who showed up in court with a 1999 St. Patrick's Day Party Animal t-shirt.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Disney1fan2002 said:
WoW! OJ is innocent because the the case was not proven? Interesting. No, not every person who is aquitted is guilty. That is why we have the Justice system. But the OJ trial was a disgusting JOKE of the California justice system. The state may not of proved their case in a criminal trial, but the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole did a better job at proving their case, because OJ LOST the civil trial. How many innocent people are found responsible for the crime in a civil trial?

Oops . . .sorry that I opened up that can o' worms. It was just meant to be a rhetorical question.

I'm leaving this thread-have fun.

:flower:

First of all in a Civil Trial the burden of proof is less stringent. Hearsay evidence is admissible plus the jury does not have to be unanimous. Does anyone know the verdict count in the OJ civil trial? It could have been 7 to 5 against OJ.

So on the criminal counts he was acquited plain and simple.

I've read with much interest and hilarity the posts here, and I had to add my 2 cents - at first I thought he was just faking the whole thing, like he did with the flu last time when he made a quick trip to the ER and displaced a woman having a severe heart attack (who later died BTW), then I realized something! Of COURSE his back must hurt terribly. I mean think of all the height differences between him and those little boys. Must really start to ache after a while. Poor Michael! If only the pedophile supporters would let him know where he can get a back rub from a 13 year old boy, then I'm sure it would clear up pretty quickly. Melissa :)

EltonJohn said:

Not really defensive, it was just such a sweeping generalization that I couldn't let it go by. Let's just all buck up and grit our teeth and get through it approach..okay...

According to the news reports I just heard, MJ apparently slipped and fell this morning and went to the ER for some pain medication. I guess he went in his PJs and things took a little longer than expected. Didn't have time to go home and changed and showed up in his PJs. That was such a clever tactic on his part--he delayed his trial for a few hours. Big deal. I don't know why it is so unfathomable that this could not be true???

And for the record, I have no opinion on MJ's guilt or innocence. There is just no way for me to know. Yes, I think he has issues, yes, I think he's weird, and yes, I would not be surprised to find he did what he is accused of. But I certainly can't "know" the truth at this point.

Geez - what a thread - love the different opinions. I'll continue to watch it and enjoy it every day................

Not enough space to add my opinions, tho :3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter