• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Upgrade/Bridging Question

deniden

Earning My *Dumbo* Ears
Hi guys!

I've used UT tickets to upgrade to APs many times in the past. However, this trip, I have something odd to ask that's never been an issue before.

Current price of APs - $634
MS UT Link - 6 Day WPFM NonEx - $584.02 ($33 off) = $617.02 value after entry
MS UT Link - 6 Day PH WPFM NonEx - $576.47 ($66 off) = $642.47 value after entry

So, under normal circumstances, I would just purchase the 6 Day WPFM NonEx ticket, and be looking at paying $16.98 to upgrade to an AP.

But, my husband pointed out that with the 6 Day PH WPFM NonEx ticket, I would actually be paying less, but my value would be over the current price of an AP.

Will Disney let me upgrade that ticket to an AP even though it'll technically be worth more than the AP price?

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Denielle

Yes you can make that upgrade.

Annual passes (and seasonal passes) are in a superior class called "annual product." Any ticket from an inferior class may be upgraded to a ticket in a superior class subject to the standard upgrade rules not counting exact dollar amounts.

The policy is that no change is returned if the target ticket has a lower value than the source ticket.

Don't forget that if you exploit the water park fun, then an upgrade to AP must go all the way to premium AP. If you did not exploit the WPF then that feature is of course forfeited when you upgrade to regular AP.

Annual passes (and seasonal passes) are in a superior class called "annual product." Any ticket from an inferior class may be upgraded to a ticket in a superior class subject to the standard upgrade rules.

The policy is that no change is returned if the target ticket has a lower value than the source ticket.

Perfect, thanks so much!

Annual passes (and seasonal passes) are in a superior class called "annual product." Any ticket from an inferior class may be upgraded to a ticket in a superior class subject to the standard upgrade rules not counting exact dollar amounts.

Don't forget that if you exploit the water park fun, then an upgrade to AP must go all the way to premium AP. If you did not exploit the WPF then that feature is of course forfeited when you upgrade to regular AP.
I have 2 10 day MYWTickets and 1 10 day MYW ticket with water park option, all bought before the latest price increase through UT. We will spend 3 weeks in Orlando around the Holidays in. December and plan on upgrading all tickets to AP. Will I be able to bridge the price of the tickets after entering the park on the first day or do I have to wait until the second or later dates that we use the tickets ? I would like to use the free parking option of the AP as much as possible. Also, when you say that the water park feature is forfeited
When you upgrade, will I still receive full value for the upgrade or will I receive credit only for a basic 10 day MYW ticket? I plan on upgrading to basic AP's.

I have 2 10 day MYWTickets and 1 10 day MYW ticket with water park option, all bought before the latest price increase through UT. We will spend 3 weeks in Orlando around the Holidays in. December and plan on upgrading all tickets to AP. Will I be able to bridge the price of the tickets after entering the park on the first day or do I have to wait until the second or later dates that we use the tickets ? I would like to use the free parking option of the AP as much as possible. Also, when you say that the water park feature is forfeited
When you upgrade, will I still receive full value for the upgrade or will I receive credit only for a basic 10 day MYW ticket? I plan on upgrading to basic AP's.

You will receive full value for the cost of your current ticket towards the cost of the AP, but when you get the AP you will not have access to the water parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter