• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Sneak Peek Expedition Everest Question

doitagain

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Just wanted to know how the AP sneak peeks usually work. We have APs but have never managed to get to a sneak peek. We are making a huge effort to go to the Everest one the weekend of Jan 28th. Do you get to ride it only once or as many times as you are willing to stand in line?? I ask because it is a 7 hour drive down for us and we will be there for less than 24 hours!

Any tips and thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Doing it again in 17 days, and again in 45 days!!

Feb 06 Fort Wilderness Lodge
Jan 06 All Star Music
Sept 05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
May 05 Contemporary Tower
March 05 Pop Century
Feb 04 All Star Sports
Dec 03 All Star Sports
Nov 03 All Star Movies
Jun 03 All Star Sports
March 03 Off Site
Dec 01 All Star Movies
Nov 01 Off Site
Nov 00 Off Site
Nov 99 Off site
June 89 Caribean Beach Resort
July 83 Off Site
July 76 Off site

At other previews we have been able to ride (or watch as it was with Philharmagic) as many times as we wanted to stand in line for.

We were there for the 3 day AP/DVC preview of Soarin. We just flashed our ticket/membership card and were allowed in. We could ride as often as we wanted!

Also, for all of you who are lamenting that you are missing the EE preview...Soarin remained open for the entire week we were there! A few days after participating in the preview, I decided to stay at the BC pool and DH went over to Epcot alone. He called me on my cell and said he was in line for Soarin...it was open to everyone!

I hightailed it over there and we were able to ride it EVERY DAY we were there. It was not advertised so anyone who didn't realize what it probably just walked on by. I bet we rode it a dozen times that week. I love that ride.

We're doing the same thing. Seven hours away and going ONLY for the preview. We were there for Soarin' and could have ridden it as many times as we wanted. The way we look it at, it's an adventure so we're just going to be like the Nike commercial and "just do it".

Pig Pen said:
We were there for the 3 day AP/DVC preview of Soarin. We just flashed our ticket/membership card and were allowed in. We could ride as often as we wanted!

Also, for all of you who are lamenting that you are missing the EE preview...Soarin remained open for the entire week we were there! A few days after participating in the preview, I decided to stay at the BC pool and DH went over to Epcot alone. He called me on my cell and said he was in line for Soarin...it was open to everyone!
This is what I am hoping for when I am there Feb. 3-7th that it will be open to ANY and EVERY One! :hyper:

Do you have to ride it to get the lanyard and pin? I will be there with my DS6 and I know he and I will not be riding but I still want the pin/lanyard.

Not only should you be able to ride as many times as possible, but FP is supposed to be in use. See you at the AK gates at 8:00 on the 26th! :cool1: I 'll be the guy with the "What is this Yeti you speak of?" shirt.

Anyone need a friend. I will be there asking everyone if i can be there friend for a ride. LOL LOL

I've asked this before but didn't get a response. . .so here goes again. . . .

Does anyone know if there will be parent swapping? Both me and my husband want to ride, but we'll be going with our son who is too small.

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the quick info!
I hate we will have less than 24 hours for our trip, but we do not plan to renew our APs so it will be awhile before we go back and I REALLY REALLY want to ride this one! So do my coaster junkie boys! LOL

DisNut8- I think we have conversed before and are from the same area of the gulf coast! Be safe on the roads and if you see a Honda Minivan with a Mickey Sorcerer antenna topper get behind and draft!! LOL

Doing it Again in 16 days!!!

I would imagine there would be "passing off." They are pretty accommodating like that.

Actually, does anyone know the height restrictions on this?

I've got you all beat!! DH and I are driving from 12 hours away to stay for less than 24 hours so that we can ride Everest!!!

I would also like to know how they are planning to do the pin and lanyard set. My DD will not be able to go and has begged DH to give her his lanyard and pin. Do they only have a limited amount? Will they run out? She is sad that she won't get to go and I am hoping that the pin will kind of make up for it!!

We have AP and DVC so we will be looking for strangers to invite to ride with us since we can bring 6 people with us!!

My wife and I both have season passes, but her mom and her are going during the AP passholder event. How close do they check the passes for these events. Are they scanned or can I just give her mom my pass to use to go on the ride?

BensMom said:
I would imagine there would be "passing off." They are pretty accommodating like that.

Actually, does anyone know the height restrictions on this?

height restriction is 44"

See ya there!! :scared1:

Hey, StingMom, thanks for the info on the height restriction. Yay, Ben can go, Ben can go!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter