Ap room discount dates

troydjames

Universal Pass holder/ Disney dad
Are their AP pass holder discount days for rooms at the same time every year? or do they just use as needed to fill rooms?:confused3

the ap discounts are released at different times.

last year the discounts for early october came out in april.
i always check and made my ressie april when the ap listings came out.

the smsm promo is out for the year at this time.
if you are staying for 3 or more days, you can use it.
it is a promo for the general public.

book with that and switch codes when the ap comes out if it is cheaper for you.

what month are you planning on?

Our fall break is October 7th planning on checking in that Sunday the 6th and staying 7 nights, Last year we stayed at RPR the last 2 days of September and first week of October rate was $160 a night which ends up being $200 after taxes and parking fee, but it fell into the "value" season which ends on October 2nd this year. I thought it was about April when the deals roll out for October, I remember using the AP 30% off discount rate for HRH a couple of years ago and getting the room for I think $165 hoping for the same kind of deal this year.

Our fall break is October 7th planning on checking in that Sunday the 6th and staying 7 nights, Last year we stayed at RPR the last 2 days of September and first week of October rate was $160 a night which ends up being $200 after taxes and parking fee, but it fell into the "value" season which ends on October 2nd this year. I thought it was about April when the deals roll out for October, I remember using the AP 30% off discount rate for HRH a couple of years ago and getting the room for I think $165 hoping for the same kind of deal this year.

what a coincidence!

that is the day i am checking into the darkside hotel also, rph.
(i book 10 nights starting with that time period)

rates will be higher for fri/sat as hhn occurs on the weekends.

you can book now with the general promotion and modify the rate when the ap rates are released.
last year the ap rates included a good number of october dates.

yes, it was april last year when the ap rates were released for the fall.
hopefully it will follow the same pattern.
standard room, no view went for $144 on some dates in early october.

with hhn, the hotels will be full on weekends without a doubt.
the dates that allow for the ap rate will go fast.
but, last year booking with the ap was not a problem until mid september.

standard room, no view, will be the cheapest rate at rph.
the first week in october did not book up early.
i had a few friends that were able to book 3 weeks out without issues.

i'm sure some homie will post when the ap rates are released for the fall.

Thanks. Is there anywhere to check the rates without having one? I am trying to decide whether to purchase one for June trip. Thanks again.:worship:

Yeah! Thanks :cool1:

Just got my rate reduced from the SMSM to the (less expensive) APH rate for April :dance3:

I just tried that as well, and can get a significantly better deal than the HRH reservation I already have. What level of Annual Pass do I need to buy to get the discount?

I just tried that as well, and can get a significantly better deal than the HRH reservation I already have. What level of Annual Pass do I need to buy to get the discount?

I don't know the answer, I have the preferred I think & that works.

But I do know you can book the room without actually having the pass yet if you want to book it now.

The pass benefits are listed on the Universal Orlando website, in case someone else does not post the answer.

:cool1:

preferred or premier passes allow for those discounts.

Thank you!

Can anyone see if there's a flaw in this plan - buy 1 annual pass to get the discount, rebook our room with that, then buy the 14 day 3 park unlimited tickets for everyone ELSE in the family? I'd still have to buy a separate WetnWild ticket for myself, but it looks like I still come out $100 ahead or so in this scenario. Am I missing anything?

Thank you!

Can anyone see if there's a flaw in this plan - buy 1 annual pass to get the discount, rebook our room with that, then buy the 14 day 3 park unlimited tickets for everyone ELSE in the family? I'd still have to buy a separate WetnWild ticket for myself, but it looks like I still come out $100 ahead or so in this scenario. Am I missing anything?

Yeah - with an AP, you will want to go back!!! :cool1:

Buy them for everyone & plan another trip for 11 1/2 months later & you will be good :beach:

I keeping checking for an APH or SMSM discounts for 7/1 - 7/4. Am I kidding myself since those dates include July the 4th?

Thank you!

FWIW you don't have to buy the AP before you book the rate.

5by5, have you checked the "date and rate" thread from last year to see if anyone got an AP rate for that time before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter