AP & Resort Discounts

tuckymom

Mouseketeer
I've been trying to do a little research on AP & Resorts. I understand we are in the middle of pandemic hotmess #2020 but I've never had an AP before.

I'm considering purchasing one and I have some questions that I can't really find the answer for. I would be going in Jan-March 2022 and Fall 2022.

1) Must I activate my AP (let the year start) to get discounts on resorts?

2) Are there always resort (deluxe specifically)? I know they change % but just can't figure out if something always exist.

1). No. You can call in to get quotes and book an AP discount and then purchase the AP.

2). There is never a guarantee of what will be available under an AP discount.

As for #2, keep an eye on the forums for possible release dates for AP discounts at resorts. They seem to go fast. I always book the room in advance, but the last two trips I failed to get an AP or Florida Res discount since they were already used up once I called.

As for #2, keep an eye on the forums for possible release dates for AP discounts at resorts. They seem to go fast. I always book the room in advance, but the last two trips I failed to get an AP or Florida Res discount since they were already used up once I called.
As an out of state AP holder, my biggest annoyance is how long they wait to release those rates! Im flexible with travel dates but having to book airfare on such short notice and coordinate that with the AP availability is so difficult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter