AP Renewal Discount Lowered?

purvislets

Disney Crazy Mom of Three!
I was a bit surprised to see that the AP prices increased, but I am a little confused. Yes, the prices went up but it seems like the renewal discount has also been decreased from 15% to around 9%.

We currently have FL Resident Seasonal passes. We had received a notification in the mail that if we renewed them we would save $53.25, which was 15% off the normal cost of the pass. Obviously these passes aren't able to be purchased anymore, so that price no longer applies.

We are wanting to get the Silver passes, but when I go online to renew them we are only saving $37.55 which is only a 9.6% discount off of the price.

So do we not only have to deal with the price increase but also a loss in the percentage of renewal discount, or is there something I'm missing?

-----------
Edit

Ok, so I think I have it figured out. The renewal price should be $330 (at a 15% discount) but it looks like the site is already adding in the sales tax, which makes it appear like the discount is lower than it should be.

Last edited:
If you have the postcard/letter you got in the mail, the price on it will be honored for your renewal. Bring it with you to a ticket window or Guest Relations at any park. Your renewal will be a Silver pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter