Ap Rates Coming Out This Weekend!

Percy The Pug

Earning My Ears
For those of you that may have missed it, Mousesaver's has posted that the rates from August 24-October 1st will be announced this weekend!:Pinkbounc

I myself am doing The Happy Bum dance.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: Would anyone care to join me?! LOL

Percy The Pug

That's good and bad news. The good news is that the AP rates are coming out. The bad new is that I did not plan to be there until Oct. 3.

If the rates are really good, I guess I'll have to change our check in date to Oct. 1. That will give us an extra day in the parks. :bounce:

I intentionally made my dates Oct 1 to 6 because Oct 1 is the last day of value season, Oct 2 becomes regular season. Oct 1 should definitely be cheaper.

Disneyjunkie....
If the rates are good until Oct 1 I don't think it will cover your whole stay. The passholder rates don't work like the season rates. I know if you check in durning value season your whole stay is value season rates but I believe that passholder rates work differently. If someone else knows differently please correct me. If you can apply the AP rates for your whole stay please post here again after you do so I will know you could. I hope it works for you but I'm thinking it won't.
Lori

I heard of people last Christmas who arrived on the last day of the AP rates (Dec 19?) and got the AP rates for their entire stay over Christmas. I hope it works this way because I would like to make my reservations. When the rates come out, I'll post if it works. Is it this weekend or August 3 for the rates? The way it read on mousesavers, I wasn't sure if it was just for Florida residents AP or everyone.

I have in the past checked-in on the last day of AP rates and have received the AP rate for my entire stay, so it does work!!

We'll take the last flight out of LGA and check in late on October 1. This way I'll be able to take advantage of the rate for the whole weekend.

Has anyone heard what the rates will be?

Can't say that this makes me happy. We're arriving Oct 14.

Last year the AP rates for 10/3/02-12/19/02 came out on 7/28/02.

I understand that they want to calculate how well the Fairytale package did, but this leaves little room for planning.

Originally posted by canonelan2
Can't say that this makes me happy. We're arriving Oct 14.

I understand that they want to calculate how well the Fairytale package did, but this leaves little room for planning.

I totally agree canonelan2...I was hoping it would go out further than 10/1 :(

Our trip isn't until late Nov/early Dec, so I guess I'm still gonna be waiting too!

Sammy

I have a trip planned for Oct 1 - 6 and I too thought if rates came out thru Oct 1 I could only apply the AP rate to that first night. Glad to hear I might be wrong!

Now for my next quandry. This Oct. trip was booked by a friend that I am traveling with. She in currently away on vacation until next week. I don't have the confimation #. If rates come out can I change this ressie or should I book a new one?

I was hoping when rates where released it would cover the entire fall, I have a 9 night family trip planned for the middle of Nov and am hoping to make peace with my ressies soon!

I understand that alot of people are saying this...but......
The FTP has ended (that is....to try and get it).
So what are they still trying to "calculate"?????
I would think that with a press of a button on the computer it would tell you how many people have taken advantage of the FTP! And what kind of availability is left.
That seems more reasonable than to have to wait til one week before the time frame begins!!!!
To release rates for just a 5 week period I don't think is going to drum up any more business. If anything people will get frustrated and just not plan on going.
Who out there is able to plan a vacation on that short notice?? I don't know anyone that can put in for time off from work with less than a 6 week notice.
I think they are just cutting it too close.

Let's hope that when they do come out....it will cover the rest of the year!
:confused:

I can't wait to see it happen!

I do agree they're cutting it close. I'm lucky, I can schedule time off work with as little as 2 weeks notice and my husband is self-employed. I do feel for people though who have to plan way way out for their vacations.

PamNC

CMON' AP rates - gimme' a YC discount.

They released AP rates for 4/28 to 7/3 on 4/21 and then released 7/4 to 8/23 on 5/8, so it might only be a couple more weeks. Maybe they don't want to get bombarded with calls all at once.

What a headache!! We are going end of August and booked a room at the Radisson because I refuse to pay rack rates.;) Now what do I do? If the discount is good enough, is it worth letting go of the Radisson? I got 2 rooms for $88!! I know Disney wont be that good, but I would love to stay on site and not rent a car. I dont know what I should do. Anyone out there like being off site? At all. BTW, I have only stayed onsite and have no clue what the world looks like beyond Disney.:p

Include me in the dance.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I believe it may be because of Disney's season dates. October 1st is the last day of value season for all the hotels, with October 2nd being the beginning of Regular season. Disney wouldn't offer the same rates during those seasons, so they probably have to figure out which rates will be offered during the Regular season. Since AP rates are usually a certan % off the rooms, rounded to the nearest dollar, they certainly would be different between seasons.

I'm trying to remember back in May when the rates came out for that time period. Weren't they very similar to the Fl resident rates? I think the Florida people got the rates first just like now.

I'm wondering if the $49 All Star Florida rate will be given to the AP holders for the upcoming time slot.

Any thoughts or comments on this?

Roberta

Florida rates are usually a little better then AP rates. (I think it is Disney's way of staying in good favor with the citizens so when they ask for things like bond funding and tax breaks they get it!)

I just booked our trip Oct.14-26 Sav. view at AKL. asked if they had any "specials" and the very nice CM said they were not offering any thing at the moment. I asked about AP rates and he said they keep them in the dark. They know when we know. He also said that they are trying to see how well the FTP is working out and that they may extend the dates for it!
I am happy to hear that some codes are coming out. I was thinking about changing our dates so if the rates are good I will be switching. I currently am booked at $268 a night at AKL. I think this is a little HIGH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter