AP RATES ARE OUT (Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 08)!!!!

I saved $542.22 for 8 nights at POFQ, Dec 13-21 and that was almost $350 over the AAA rate and I didn't have to buy the extra tickets, which saved me another $300.

Suzanne

Was your reservation at POFQ an existing one? I booked POFQ with AAA and today I was told by the TA that nothing was available for AP rate at POFQ.

We had a FW cabin booked for 2 nights from Oct 13-15th for $706. Using the AP discount, we were able to add on a third night for almost exactly $100 more. So now we're booked Oct 12th-Oct 15th for a grand total of $806. Not rock-bottom prices, but not too shabby either... We saved a total of $253 off of rack rate for the three nights.

We are Disney Visa holders too, so will try again with that rate to see if it's any better.

Just wondering about blackout dates?? I only have DV but am thinking they will do the same dates.

I just called and got AP rates to but they I have to say they seem very limited, especially in Oct.
Here are codes I was given

Room only AP: PWE

AP with base dining:DHZ

AP with dlx dine: JZJ

On the Disney AP page, it says to request SXS as the promo code? That's what I used and our 2 rooms water view at CSR dropped from 2900 to 2200. Our dates are 11/19-11/26.

Was your reservation at POFQ an existing one? I booked POFQ with AAA and today I was told by the TA that nothing was available for AP rate at POFQ.

Yes, it was. Actually I only switched it to POFQ about a month ago and I got one of the last rooms, but there was availability showing there this morning on the Passholder site and that was at about 11:30am. My AAA agent called and got mine done for me in a flash.

I don't think the Deluxe are going to be included, they weren't included in the last 2 discounts that were released for June/July or Aug/Sept.

Suzanne

We had a FW cabin booked for 2 nights from Oct 13-15th for $706. Using the AP discount, we were able to add on a third night for almost exactly $100 more. So now we're booked Oct 12th-Oct 15th for a grand total of $806. Not rock-bottom prices, but not too shabby either... We saved a total of $253 off of rack rate for the three nights.

We are Disney Visa holders too, so will try again with that rate to see if it's any better.

Last time the DV code was like $10 more than AP, but you never know.

Suzanne

What is that code? o.o

It's an AP code on the Disney Passholder website.
I called when I saw the other codes listed and the CM said sometimes there are multiple codes.
I changed my reservation to dining. Before the AP code, I had a dining package which was 4053.22. With the code the price is 3351.18, so a $700.00 savings.

bigbabyblues,
$135 saving after the extra cost of AP? Or did you already have one?

We bought them a couple of months ago, but haven't activated them yet. It was a savings over the package we had already booked. We bought AP's because we are going for 10 days in November and 8-10 more in May 2009.

I did check the AP website, and it looks like part of our dates were blacked out, which is why we didn't get as much. We are arriving a week before Thanksgiving and staying until the Sunday after, and got the discount for the Thursday we arrive through the following Tuesday night.

I don't think the Deluxe are going to be included, they weren't included in the last 2 discounts that were released for June/July or Aug/Sept.
Suzanne

Or maybe the deluxes are only available on a very limited basis at this point. At 7 AM I was able to get the AP rate at BWI for mid Nov - saved me $42.74 per night over the AAA rate I had. Since the AAA rate was already saving me about $30 something over rack rate, that looks like about a $75 per night discount for AP. Mousesavers listed the AP discount at $100 for deluxes in Aug/Sept - but perhaps there was never any availability. :confused3

Or maybe the deluxes are only available on a very limited basis at this point. At 7 AM I was able to get the AP rate at BWI for mid Nov - saved me $42.74 per night over the AAA rate I had. Since the AAA rate was already saving me about $30 something over rack rate, that looks like about a $75 per night discount for AP. Mousesavers listed the AP discount at $100 for deluxes in Aug/Sept - but perhaps there was never any availability. :confused3

I just had to change my dates, I was Dec 8th-15th but booked 15-22 and got the AKL with the AP code SXS 1400 for the 7 nights. I was paying 1900 the week before that.

Just out of curiosity, when most of the rooms in October and December are already booked, limited availability on a good day... why would they discount all those rooms they have already sold??

After changing my dates around a little I was able to get WL with a savings of $516.25 for our room/dining package for 6 nights. I didn't think we would be able to get WL at all. They were close to being booked solid before AP rates were even released.

Just out of curiosity, when most of the rooms in October and December are already booked, limited availability on a good day... why would they discount all those rooms they have already sold??

Because they want them all sold. It's also a bone they throw to the AP holders. It makes us happy and more likely to renew.

Count me in as another bust. Nothing available at any of the moderates during our stay 10/24 - 11/1. I'll have to stick with my AAA rate.

I just checked your dates through the AP website and POR and CBR were both available for your dates. 129 for the first two nights, 114 for the last six nights.
Maybe you should try to see what you could get online.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/passholder/landing

I punched in my current reservation info (Dec 11-16 POR Riverside) on the AP website and the total came out to be the same as it is with the 30% pin code I am using.

I just booked my trip! :cool1: Even though the discount wasn't as big as I would have loved, it still helped alot! We got 2 standard rooms at Beach Club for Oct 27-Nov 1st, for $295 (before tax). Rack was $370, so like everyone said, it's a flat $75 off a night. In our case, it saved us $750 on two rooms, not bad at all. :) :)

I am getting the impression from reading here that Saturday nights are hard to find with the AP discount. We purposely planned our trip on weekdays to avoid any problems with Saturday night availability issues.

I never ever get PIN codes, so the AP discount is the only one I can hope for. I am pleased, since without it, we wouldn't have been able to stay at a deluxe hotel. Stormalong Bay, here we come! :teeth:

Ap rate saved me $42 at Pop over AAA. Oh well, I wish is was more than that $6 a night. I had called last week with the same code and AAA was saving me $ vs the AP code. So if you called last week and didnt like the answer try again. Its money saved since I will have the AP anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter