AP rates are here!!!

I called yester day and had my ressies switched from ASMu to Coronado for 99 including tax and now I read that some have gotten CBR for 82.50 including tax for their AP rate. Wouldn't all moderates be the same. In fact, I asked the CM if that was the correct rate because I thought that I had seen an AP rate for 74 not including tax on Mousesavers.com for the moderates but she said that was the correct rate that she gave me. So what gives???

How many adults in your party? It may be an extra 10 per night per adult over 2.

Originally posted by Certifiable WDW Nut
Just got WL Standard view for 7/3 to 7/8. $124/nt before tax - $139 after tax. The AP rate cost me an additional $200, but I got the Wilderness Lodge instead of Caribbean Beach. Got to love that!!!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

This is very encouraging for those of us going in August! I'd read that several people got the $124 rate last year and was hoping it would be offered again this year. Keeping my fingers crossed and counting down! Anyone have a guess as to when the AP rates might be released for 7/4 - 8/31?

<< Not sure what all the excitment is really >>

We're excited !! Saved over $200 for our nights at CBR, and used some of the money saved to buy the 2-way Disney radios !!

Saw the link on Mousesavers today. $34.99 for the set including free shipping !!! Woo Hoo !!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :p

Just called reservations regarding our 2 nights in May....going on the 7 night Disney Magic followed by 2 nights in POR....all the discounted rates were gone but since I had booked on a discounted rate before it changed the rate...2 nights were $165. instead of the origional $210.00......means a savings of $45.00 for the two nights...which means a couple more conch coolers on the ship.....and a couple more souviners in the World!
Tom

I called last night as soon as I saw the AP rates were out, but couldn't get a moderate for our dates, which are 6/7 thru 6/17. We have CBR for $85/night with the come back rate, not quite as good as the AP rate, but that is still a great rate. We decided to keep the first 6 nights at CBR and got AKL for $124/night for the last 4 nights. Really wanted WL, but it was not available. I think the rate for AKL is great, so I'm happy!!
:D

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We are annual pass holders. This past Dec we stayed at ASM. In Jan we stayed at CBR. Then last month we stayed at ASM again. In May we have ressies for the Dolphin at $129/night. It will be dh, dd1 in wheelchair, dd2 in wheelchair and dd3 first birthday. For all you experienced Disney goers would you keep the ressies at the Dolphin, go for the standard room at the AKL for $124 or possibly stay at Coronado Springs? We have never stayed at the Dolphin, AKL or CS so I don't know which to pick. We don't spend lots of time in the room. We also do not spend time at the pool since none of our daughters can walk and no one is going with us to help carry any of them. I realize I may not be able to get the AP rate now but I thought I could try if it would make a difference of where we should stay. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or ideas ya'll could share with me. We are also willing to try anywhere new that has rates around $100-$150. Thanks so much for your help!!!

Hi mommie2angels,
Coronado Springs and Animal Kingdom Lodge Standard rooms have a maximum four-person occupancy (unless you opt for a suite). Not sure about the Dolphin. Perhaps you could try POR with a trundle if they have availability?

Originally posted by floridafam
Can anyone tell me what AP rate they have gotten on WL Concierge?
The AP rate for WL Concierge is $270 per night plus tax. 4 nights nights is costing us $1204.20.

life.gif

Originally posted by sandramaac
Not sure what all the excitment is really. There are still no AP rates or any other special rates part this 7/3 date!!!Last year we booked our end of July rates at the end of January. These AP rates are no more thatn a re-hash of discounts rates already out there. I think that Disney is really yanking the chain of those who travel past this magical 7/3 dates we keep seeing crop up.

Boy do I hear ya!!!! We arrive on July 3rd, and I had all I could do to piece together in three separate reservations all my (8) nights at the the YC in a standard room. Three of those nights are at rack rate too!!! Argh!!!!

Now I call today, (somehow that AP Rate Watch Thread didn't help me) just finding out this morning that AP rates came out 2 days ago, and all they have at the YC for July 3rd is waterview at $312 a night with tax!

This would mean a small savings for me over my initial ressie, but an inconvenience of switching rooms back to standard after one night. (Second and third nights are cheaper because I made a separate ressie for the beginning of value season, so savings from that rate to AP is only $10.) And my third ressie :rolleyes: booked with a AAA discount in value season is actually $40 a night cheaper than the AP discount. Since the APs end 7/3, I would have to make one ressie from that date, and pay that rate for all nights. (Very confusing I know!!)

Oddly enough, it is $116 cheaper for me to keep the ressies as they are, and keep hoping the AP's past 7/3 are released in enough time before we leave. Hopefully I'll get some type of savings on my (7) nights after the 3rd!!!! This is just so crazy having to wait so long!!!!!!
hello.gif

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

epcotfan -- mommy2angels has a child under 3. She can stay in any resort.

That's right tar heel the baby will turn one the day before we leave. So epcotfan or anyone else which resort do you recommend since we can stay in any of them? Thanks again for the help!

Hello,

For mommie2angels, I have stayed at AKL (2x) & Coronado (2x, soon to be 3x) , and also the Swan ( but not the Dolphin). All three have advantages.

The AKL is one of the most unique resorts in the country. While some may complain the rooms are dark, the theming and animals are outstanding. While you can get a standard room, it can't hurt to ask about an upgrade at checkin. My last time we had a standard, but they gave us a pool view upgrade. Even with a standard view, there are numerous places you can watch the animals, you just can't do it from your room. The rooms are larger than Coronado, but smaller than the other deluxes. There is a double sink also. All rooms have balconies, even standard view. The resort is somewhat isolated, but easily accesible by bus. If you drive, AK & MGM are close by, Epcot a few minutes more, and MK about 15 minutes.

Coronado is a bit fancier than the other 3 moderates in my opinion. The rooms are about 315 sq feet, and the vanity only has one sink. You can request rooms that are close to the main building, but even if you end up at other buildings, there are multiple bus stops. CS is close to AK, MGM, and Epcot, and about 10 minutes to MK by car. The lake is very nice, and I find the theming to be very nice. I'm staying there again next month.

The Dolphin has a great location, between Epcot & MGM via boat. You can also walk to the other Epcot resorts and the Boardwalk, although I don't know if that's an option for you guys. Our stay at the Swan was a king bed room, which was large, but I can't really comment on the Dolphin dbl bed rooms since I've never stayed at one.

All three are good choices, hope that helps.

Take care,

Bill

My upgrade to WL wood view is costing $1228 for 3 adults...staying 6/27 thru 7/4......an AP rate for the same time would have been 1280. The concierge was quoted at 2300 for the same time frame.

WOW Bill, thank you so much for taking all the time to be so specific with the resorts. As it turns out we had to change our dates. We are going next week and the government rate at the Dolphin is not available during that time. I am a little disappointed in not being able to stay there. However, I am very excited about staying at the Animal Kingdom. Our choice was kind of made for us because the Coronado was not available with the AP rate and neither was the Wilderness Lodge. Thanks again for your help!!!

Reply to Denman,

We only have 2 adults to a room with 2 rooms. There are a total of 4 adults and 1 jr. in our party. So I am still uncertain why some have been given a different AP rate than us.

Thanks for your thought, though.

Reply to Brain D

I never thought of that. In fact the CM never even said what view the room had or asked what we wanted. Maybe the water view is all they had left on the AP rate when I called.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter