• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP rates after 6/3 any news?

disneyfan55

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything in regard to AP rates after June 3. It's very strange that the GP offers have been out there so long. Usually those codes come out after the AP discounts. The GP room only discounts really came out early for the summer months. I guess it's more fair to offer to everyone but it was always a nice perk to having an AP! Thanks.

I am waiting too ...
:surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:
I am so worried that they will come out the first of April and we will be on vacation (in Disney of course) and we will miss out on an AP rate for June 4-9.
:sad2::sad2::sad2:
Hope something is posted soon ...
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

still waiting....Hope there is actaully an AP discount that comes out better than GP rate. This is one of the perks for buying AP, but I fear they may be trying to fill rooms with current offers and then won't need to throw passholders a bone. Heck, they EXPECT us to return. If I didn't have a bunch or Visa Reward $, I'd probably stay off site for much larger accomodations at a much cheaper rate.....frustrating! :surfweb:

I'm patiently waiting too! Our trip is June 2-11 and I've got a room booked under a PIN code, but the entire reason we bought an AP last fall was for the room discounts.

It looks like the public discount ends this weekend (says book by 3/27) so maybe after they see the results of that, we'll get our discount! I've been checking the site daily to see if it changes...so far, nothing. I'm praying for a 45% off so we can do a few days at the Wilderness Lodge!

Does any one rememer what the %age off was last summer. I remember them being good enough where I almost booked a quick trip in Aug using one even though we were already spending 2weeks at thanksgiving there.

This year it is definitely Aug and I was trying to work the AP figures based on last year's (just being hopeful) numbers. I save all my "Disney math" figures for future reference so I know I must have it somewhere. Was just hoping someone remembered before I tore apart my office. LOL

From the historical info on mousesavers, it looks like they weren't released until May last year. I don't remember what the percentage was but all I know was that I made out better using the buy 4 get 2 free. We only stayed 6 nights, left next morning for cruise or for sure would have stayed the 3rd. But even with only 2 nights free at the Poly, it was still a better deal than the AP rate.

Right now we have the GP rate at POR but I would love to save even more with an AP discount!

From the historical info on mousesavers, it looks like they weren't released until May last year. I don't remember what the percentage was but all I know was that I made out better using the buy 4 get 2 free. We only stayed 6 nights, left next morning for cruise or for sure would have stayed the 3rd. But even with only 2 nights free at the Poly, it was still a better deal than the AP rate.

Right now we have the GP rate at POR but I would love to save even more with an AP discount!
thx Nikki, I actually realized that I don't think I used an AP rate when I was booking for last August. It was only going to be DH and myself so I used the FD and upgraded to Deluxe dining (If I remember correctly) but then we ended up going to Key West instead for his 40th

Yes, I know the AP rates for the summer usually aren't out there until May, however, the GP room only rates have been out for a while and they ususally come after the AP and FL res. discounts. That's why question on this. I couldn't even use the AP discount for our Feb trip. I was lucky to get the PIN in Nov and book it with 40% off. We couldn't even get the standard for our week then at WL!

Just in case anyone didn't see it on the other threads, AP rates were released today. They are pretty similar to the general public, at least for my resort. My TA e-mailed me to tell me I saved a just about $11! Every little bit helps! Haven't looked into it far enough to see if the rates for values or deluxes is that much better than the GP rate. We are at POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter