AP Questions & Visa

Djibouti

Earning My Ears
Hi All! My trip to DL Sept 4th & 5th is soon approaching. I am going to buy the So Cal Select AP. My questions are:
1) Which is better, buying online or the morning we get to the park?
2) If I decide to upgrade in the future, is the expiration date extended or does it remain the same as the original expiration date?

I also have DDs on my Disney Visa, when should I request them? I am coming up on 4 weeks until we go, so I want to make sure I have them in time.

Thanks for your help!

I would buy it online, so you can just take the voucher to the gates, get in, and have pictures taken for the AP. It takes the step of standing in line at the ticket booths out of the picture.

If you upgrade in the future, the expiration date stays the same. And there is NO pro-rating of the price. So they are nice that they allow you to upgrade through the year (unlike WDW), but they don't do anything beyond that. :upsidedow

I know nothing about the Disney Rewards dollars.

I was told when I ordered my Disney rewards card that It may take 4-6 weeks to arrive. Not a problem for me since I won't be there for 10 weeks. But since it may be too late for you just wait till you get to Disneyland and go to City Hall and get your card there. You also have to have them transfer the rewards dollars to your rewards card. I was told they don't automatically transfer the rewards dollars rather they only transfer them when you ask. :confused3

My parents have always accumulated DDRDs and then redeemed them inside Disneyland or WDW without waiting for them to arrive in the mail and what not.

You should be able to order your card and get it before you leave. It doesn't generally take 4 weeks to get your rewards card. At the most, it will take 2 weeks.

You should be able to order your card and get it before you leave. It doesn't generally take 4 weeks to get your rewards card. At the most, it will take 2 weeks.

I don't think it takes more than 2 weeks generally to get the card. Also, you can get the card with just a few points on it - once you have the card you can easily move points to it instantaneously. A couple of years ago, I had a billing cycle close while at Disney - I was able to move my "new" points to my Disney Rewards card and use them while I was there.

Just a thought for when to purchase your AP if you don't need AP discounts the first day or so and if you aren't staying onsight. Consider getting a 3-day PH, using the EE, and then converting it to a Southern Cal pass at City Hall. I don't think it would cost anymore. With the Visa, you would get some of the dining discounts anyway. Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter