• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Question

SweetPeasMom2

DIS Veteran
This may sound like stupid question. But if I get APs say in July, they are good through July 2013, correct?

This may sound like stupid question. But if I get APs say in July, they are good through July 2013, correct?

If you purchase and active an AP on say July 13th of this year, the AP will expire at midnight on July 14th, 2013 unless you have renewed it then you can continue to use it. It doesn't go by the day you've purchased it, it's within a year of its activation date.

If you purchase and active an AP on say July 13th of this year, the AP will expire at midnight on July 14th, 2013 unless you have renewed it then you can continue to use it. It doesn't go by the day you've purchased it, it's within a year of its activation date.

My AP I bought on January 4, 2009 expired on January 4, 2010.
So unless something has changed in three years, an AP expires on the same day it is activated the following year.

It's 1 year from the day you activate the AP so if you activate it on July 4, 2012 it will expire on July 4 of next year.

However, if you use a MYW ticket first and use that ticket to upgrade to an AP, the AP will expire one year from the day you first used the MYW ticket.

So if I buy them in July but don't activate them until Oct, I'm good through Oct of the next year?

The wording on the pass is actually "valid through insert date here". All new not a renewal AP's are actually valid for 366 days from the date you activate the voucher despite being advertised as 1 year. This is to accommodate years like this year which have the extra day due to leap year status.

My AP I bought on January 4, 2009 expired on January 4, 2010.
So unless something has changed in three years, an AP expires on the same day it is activated the following year.

Yes but you can use it through Jan 4th, so technically it expires at midnight on the 5th. Therefore, you can not use it on the 5th since it expires at midnight :)

The wording on the pass is actually "valid through insert date here". All new not a renewal AP's are actually valid for 366 days from the date you activate the voucher despite being advertised as 1 year. This is to accommodate years like this year which have the extra day due to leap year status.

Yes this exactly :thumbsup2

It's actually 366 days not 365 because you can use through the day it expires.

So if I buy them in July but don't activate them until Oct, I'm good through Oct of the next year?

If you buy an annual pass online or at a Disney store, you get a voucher. When you exchange the voucer for the annual pass, it becomes active at the moment of exchange.
If you buy your annual pass at Disney, it is active the day it is bought - (unlike day and mutli day tickets which become active when used in the turnstyle)

Depends on what you buy. If you get a voucher (like you would from the Disney website), the clock doesn't start ticking until you trade it in for the real deal at WDW. You can hold the voucher for years before actually getting the activated AP, if you want.

If you walk up to a ticket window and buy the real deal, the clock starts ticking immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter