• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP prices increased [6/18/2019]

I'm going to go ahead and buy an AP from Sams. Do I have to do something special? I saw where someone didn't get theirs via email?

haha, gotta love the fandom and logic of die-hard Disney fans. No matter what the mouse does, fans will find a way to justify them. Ticket prices too high now?...well, they were just under-valuing their product. Wanna save money on APs?... Buy a $30,000 timeshare too save $200!
Exactly... why see the real UK or France just spend 30 + thousand on time share and go to Disney for a minimal discount! I was done with Disney with the room checks and paying to park at resorts so this will definitely not change my mind ! I don’t get throwing thousands away each year on the same place ?

Super unpopular opinion but I feel like this is a serious first world problem reading through most of these posts. I get it, everyone loves Disney! I wish I could go multiple times a year or even once a year, but the fact is, I can’t. What’s wrong with going every three years or so and saving up? I truly don’t understand the big uproar. Lots of entitlement on this thread...

All 3 (AAA, Sam's and Ticketsatwork) are powered by the same engine and u have to search the same way. It is weird and NOT intuitive.

Enter Walt Disney World in the search by name. Then click "filter by" and you will see the option for Annual Passes.

Also, I got my email confirmation with the code from Disney really quickly after my purchase from Tickets at Work.

I never got my code from Sams so I had to call. He resent it to me no problem. Question, can I go ahead and link to MdE and it not be active yet or how does that work?

This scares me more and more as we're holding off on coming again until 2021/50th anniversary. I fear the price increases that point.
You can always buy AP certificates now and they can be activated later. They have a listed 2030 expiration. You keep any savings.

I never got my code from Sams so I had to call. He resent it to me no problem. Question, can I go ahead and link to MdE and it not be active yet or how does that work?
Yes. It won’t activate until you show up at guest relations.

Exactly... why see the real UK or France just spend 30 + thousand on time share and go to Disney for a minimal discount! I was done with Disney with the room checks and paying to park at resorts so this will definitely not change my mind ! I don’t get throwing thousands away each year on the same place ?
It's not throwing money away if it's something you enjoy. I don't understand why people are preachy about vacations. If someone can afford it and it's what they want to do? So be it.

Personally, I don't have the opportunity to travel outside of the country as easily as I can within. Even if I could, I would likely make both vacations work because at the end of the day, I really enjoy going to WDW.

Everything including wdw depends on a lot variables. I have friends going to London soon & they spent over $10,000.
Then they spent to much ( and also peak season ) .. unless they are there for a month there is no reason to have to spend that much . Going on my second trip there in November for thanksgiving and taking our two kids ( adult and teen ) and even with them we paid less then Disney . The airfare on Virgin Atlantic ( 1300 total 4 people ) , two king rooms 2 minute walk from Westminster Abby ( 850.00 10 nights ) and London pass 100.00 ( get you in to all paid attractions ) . It sounds like she is staying in a super expensive hotel or flying first class to spend that much.

I cannot imagine why anyone would purchase a $900 (before today) AP for one stay...unless it was a 2 week stay or something. And, I certainly can't imagine that a LOT of people are out there using it for one stay. It barely makes sense for 2 stays. I am assuming 5 day tickets, not 7 day but anyway.

In regards to the bolded part above and the product's intention. An Annual Pass gives someone admission to the parks (nearly) every day for a year. How is someone using their AP for 10 days instead of 5 or 15 instead of 10, or heck, 30 instead of 14, mis-use of the products intention? It is still a fraction of the days the pass entitles you to, and a fraction of the number of days that in-state visitors use theirs for.

I did exactly that. We purchased one AP for our 10 day trip - mostly for discounts, memory maker, hoped for a resort discount. Now it turns out we won't even be using it for our upcoming May trip (most likely). So, I'm keeping it in my back pocket and will activate it when we go in future. It doesn't expire until 2030 apparently.

Now we will use it for two trips, one shorter and one longer between 2023 and 2024. :) And it's paid for.

I’m not going to say we’re not going back to Disney ever again because we will but, we were already on the fence about renewing our APs because of some of the other things Disney has implemented & the cost increases over the last few years, plus the crowds are looney, but this sent us right over to the not renewing group. So we won’t be going back multiple trips or maybe even yearly. Also, Disney (IMO) has more & more showed that they really don’t care about us loyal, multiple visits a year guests. Like my family, we go multiple times a year, it takes 2 days to reach Disney, that’s 2 extra hotels, mileage & gas on vehicle, we stay at a deluxe Disney resort for at least 6 nights each visit, eat 2 table service meals a day most days (do not use free dining or DP), buy multiple snacks & some to take home, plus all souvenirs we buy every single time (I’m Disney addict & can’t get enough of Disney stuff). We’ve made the choice to go there & spend so much money each year because we LOVE Disney, felt happy there, so we’ve been loyal to them. Heck we even have Disney stocks! And yes I know Disney is a corporation, who’s goal is to make money. However, again in my IMO, for a company to continue to make money, they shouldn’t push away their customers who are “regulars” in the process, because eventually they will need those “regulars” when the economy drops again. Because when it does, it’ll be all of us loyal guests who will be there, spending our money & not the once in a while guests.
Again, all of this is just my how I feel, I still love Disney, so plz don’t flame me.

Super unpopular opinion but I feel like this is a serious first world problem reading through most of these posts. I get it, everyone loves Disney! I wish I could go multiple times a year or even once a year, but the fact is, I can’t. What’s wrong with going every three years or so and saving up? I truly don’t understand the big uproar. Lots of entitlement on this thread...

I don't see any entitlement. I see people in a Disney fan community discussing something they feel strongly about.

There is no right or wrong way to do your vacation. You do you.

Do you know of anywhere else that sells APs similar to Sam's Club but not Sam's Club? We don't have a membership because we don't have a Sam's Club nearby.

We might just get a membership anyway but if there's another way

ETA: How much are the APs through Sam's Club? We're looking at a Platinum Pass

I don't know if you've been answered yet, but as of this morning they are still 865 ( they'll say 894 until you login ) . WELL worth the 45$ membership fee compared to the new pricing

Probably not what you want to hear, but I placed my order at 6:14pm. Immediately received the email confirming my order (not the ticket email, just confirmation of my purchase from Sam’s).

At 6:30pm (16 minutes later) I received the email with the Disney confirmation number. APs are linked to MDX profiles and “test FPs” have been booked.

For all those waiting on confirmation emails, I wonder if there is any pattern that can be found as to why the emails are taking so long for some but being sent almost immediately to others. What type of APs did you all purchase? Just a shot in the dark here. Mine were Platinum. And until today, I was not a Sam’s member. I joined today specifically for this AP purchase.

Hopefully a pattern can be found and those still waiting can quickly find a resolution

I placed mine at around 8:15pm, received my confirmation around 8:50pm, passes were linked in MDE by 8:52pm

That is crowd control....

Instead of 1 person visiting 6 times over 6 years they visit 3 times over 6 years. Meaning less people in the park.
That would be crowd control if crowds decreased as a result. This way is just shifting some folks, but regardless, you aren't going to see anything negligible to say "wow, higher prices are working"

Each year there will be a high number of people coming. So some that might come next year, move to the following yr, but there will still be folks that slide into the space created by the move. So overall, no difference.

Then they spent to much ( and also peak season ) .. unless they are there for a month there is no reason to have to spend that much . Going on my second trip there in November for thanksgiving and taking our two kids ( adult and teen ) and even with them we paid less then Disney . The airfare on Virgin Atlantic ( 1300 total 4 people ) , two king rooms 2 minute walk from Westminster Abby ( 850.00 10 nights ) and London pass 100.00 ( get you in to all paid attractions ) . It sounds like she is staying in a super expensive hotel or flying first class to spend that much.

I have been to London. Definitely spent way less. Also been to Switzerland. And on cruises. And various parts of the US and Asia including amazing beach vacations.

I just happen to love our Disney trips more than most of those places. Guess I like the artificial thing more than the real thing lol. Funny that my all time fave vacation is camping in rustic parks with no electricity and as few ppl as possible lol. Talk about the dichotomy!

For now, even at the insane costs, am still prepared to pay for Disney. Although I reserve the right to whine when Disney hikes up the price by 25%!!!!! That's just painful for my travel budget.

I just got an email saying I would get an email. :sad2:

And I was so excited to see the email until I read it. The wait for a confirmation number continues....

Was there not a PDF attachment in the email? That's where the reservation number is.

That would be crowd control if crowds decreased as a result. This way is just shifting some folks, but regardless, you aren't going to see anything negligible to say "wow, higher prices are working"

Each year there will be a high number of people coming. So some that might come next year, move to the following yr, but there will still be folks that slide into the space created by the move. So overall, no difference.

If this is the case, than much as I whine about it, Disney did the smart thing. Why shouldn't they gouge us crazy ppl as much as they can? And will likely only continue to hike prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter