AP Price increase?

coastgirl

DIS Veteran
So I have been playing with ticket costs for a couple of months, and went to buy an AP today--in my notes I had it priced at $225 for a preferred AP, but today it's listed at $259.99. Did I miss the price increase? Or should I be looking somewhere else for a better price? Ohhh...maybe I was looking at the Florida res price when I made my notes? Does $260 sound right for non-Florida res, or is this a new (higher) price?

So I have been playing with ticket costs for a couple of months, and went to buy an AP today--in my notes I had it priced at $225 for a preferred AP, but today it's listed at $259.99. Did I miss the price increase? Or should I be looking somewhere else for a better price? Ohhh...maybe I was looking at the Florida res price when I made my notes? Does $260 sound right for non-Florida res, or is this a new (higher) price?
Florida resident price - $224.99 plus tax...Non-resident price - $259.99 plus tax.

No price increase yet.

Thanks Metrowest, I must've been reading it wrong all along. There's some comfort in that--still a higher price than I was thinking it was, but at least I haven't "missed" anything.

I found that if you click on "Annual Pass" from the ticket screen, it defaulted to the resident AP rates. You had to select non-resident on the right to get those rates.

There's a discount code out there that gets you $25 off a non-resident AP - 201302002. Worked for me for a Preferred AP.

i received my AP renewal flyer yesterday.
no increase for the preferred ap at this point.

I found that if you click on "Annual Pass" from the ticket screen, it defaulted to the resident AP rates. You had to select non-resident on the right to get those rates.

There's a discount code out there that gets you $25 off a non-resident AP - 201302002. Worked for me for a Preferred AP.

I guess that's my mystery solved, I probably didn't notice the FL resident was the default when I first looked.

hpriamson, THANK YOU! You just saved my family $25. :flower3: Good karma coming at you!!

The deed is done, I have all my passes and tickets bought now. And with that code, my cost was only $5 more than I "thought" I'd get when I was calculating with the FL resident rate. :dance3:

So the answer to my question, thank you all for responding, is no, no increase, you were just reading it wrong...but thanks for helping me figure it out--AND save some money!:disrocks:

A word about posting codes...

The code listed above is posted on the internet for all to see...that's OK. However, if there is a discount code from a retailer (BK, Wendy's, etc.) that requires a purchase to get the code, it is not OK to post on the DIS. Such posts will be removed...so please be careful when posting codes.

That is all.

If I were to buy annual passes for my family (with this discount code), what would be the expiration date? Would they be valid 12 months from the purchase date or 12 months from the first time they are used? This seems like a good deal but I'm not sure when our next trip will be.

Thanks.

If I were to buy annual passes for my family (with this discount code), what would be the expiration date? Would they be valid 12 months from the purchase date or 12 months from the first time they are used? This seems like a good deal but I'm not sure when our next trip will be.

Thanks.
Normally they don't start until used but you'd have to read the fine print on codes. Sometimes you have to activate them by a certain date...sometimes not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter