AP Preview of The Simpsons 5/10/08

Metro West

On the west side of Orlando
OK...here's a brief report on my experience at the Studios this morning and The Simpsons preview...with pictures. :thumbsup2

I arrived at the garage at 7:49am and parked in Jaws 213. I made my way up the escalators (which were not turned on at this hour) and followed the surprisingly large throng to the Studios. They had a sign posted for AP holders to enter through the side gate...behind Guest Services. After standing in line for about 15 mins, my pass was scanned and I was given a wristband for ID purposes. The only two attractions open at 8am were MIB and The Simpsons. Once I arrived in front of the building, I saw the wait time was posted as 35 minutes. The queue area was pretty full. Here's a good shot of the TM outfits that people were asking about.
DSC01729.jpg

I got in line and snapped this picture on the way into the main queue area.
DSC01730.jpg

The queue area is brightly painted and the plasma screens were showing clips of The Simpsons...along with new information about Krustyland. It was very funny and really helped to pass the time. The wait time was more like 20 mins than 35 minutes. I didn't get any good shots of the queue area since there were so many people and nothing I could get a good angle on. :guilty:

Once inside the outer waiting area, there is plenty to watch on both walls. On one wall, Patty & Selma were showing what they'd had in Lost & Found and in the other window, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon was doing a little show but it was hard to hear him. On the other wall, Groundskeeper Willie was trying to entice guests to play games at his booth. Moe comes in and steals most of the prizes. :laughing:

Anyway...once inside the "waiting room", you get an instructional safety video which is pretty funny and then the doors open.

I was disappointed to see I'm going to have the same problem with this ride as I did with BTTF to an extent. The back row is still a tight fight for anyone who is over 6 feet tall...which I am and of course, I was seated in the back row. The ride is rough and jerky in some spots but nothing compared to BTTF.

I can't really go into too much detail about the actual ride because I don't want to spoil it for anyone else. After the ride was over, we exited the building and were greeted with a coupon for a free Squishee and a button (which was the free gift). Here's the button:

DSC01745.jpg

I got a Cherry Squishee and walked around a bit and took some pictures of the outside of the building and close-ups of the games:

DSC01734.jpg

DSC01733.jpg

DSC01732.jpg

DSC01731.jpg

DSC01726.jpg

DSC01727.jpg

By this time, the park was open and the crowd was streaming toward The Simpsons...the rest of the park was dead! I walked over towards E.T. and snapped this shot of one of the new signs:
DSC01737.jpg

I walked over to ROTM and rode twice with no wait through the single riders line. Several people asked what the wristband (I forgot I had it on) and the button were for and I explained it was for the passholder preview of The Simpsons earlier in the day.

After ROTM, I checked out the stuff in the Universal store and headed for the gates. The crowds had REALLY increased and it appeared it was going to be a VERY busy day.

As I was walking out, a family entered with the mother having to hold back the young son from running off. She told him...I don't know this place like I do Disney so you will NOT go off on your own. This kid was maybe seven or eight at the most and I thought...if this chick lets her kids run around Disney alone just because she knows the park, she's asking for trouble. :rolleyes:

I left around 10am and on the way home, stopped and got the oil changed in the car and went to Wendy's for lunch.

Tomorrow, I'm meeting Bonny and Lee (CDN Friends of Pooh) at DHS for the Toy Story Mania preview...it should be fun.

Hope you liked reading the TR...I'll never win an award for writing. :rolleyes1

Sounds like fun. I hope it is not to rough to ride. The pics are all terrific. And te writing ain't to shabby!

As for that mother...that is an accident waiting to happen. I have just recently started letting Mikey meet us at the parks later and he is 16. Not real smart to let a 7 or 8 year old run off on their own.

Thanks for sharing!

OK...here's a brief report on my experience at the Studios this morning and The Simpsons preview...with pictures. :thumbsup2

I arrived at the garage at 7:49am and parked in Jaws 213. I made my way up the escalators (which were not turned on at this hour) and followed the surprisingly large throng to the Studios. They had a sign posted for AP holders to enter through the side gate...behind Guest Services. After standing in line for about 15 mins, my pass was scanned and I was given a wristband for ID purposes. The only two attractions open at 8am were MIB and The Simpsons. Once I arrived in front of the building, I saw the wait time was posted as 35 minutes. The queue area was pretty full. Here's a good shot of the TM outfits that people were asking about.
DSC01729.jpg

I got in line and snapped this picture on the way into the main queue area.
DSC01730.jpg

The queue area is brightly painted and the plasma screens were showing clips of The Simpsons...along with new information about Krustyland. It was very funny and really helped to pass the time. The wait time was more like 20 mins than 35 minutes. I didn't get any good shots of the queue area since there were so many people and nothing I could get a good angle on. :guilty:

Once inside the outer waiting area, there is plenty to watch on both walls. On one wall, Patty & Selma were showing what they'd had in Lost & Found and in the other window, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon was doing a little show but it was hard to hear him. On the other wall, Groundskeeper Willie was trying to entice guests to play games at his booth. Moe comes in and steals most of the prizes. :laughing:

Anyway...once inside the "waiting room", you get an instructional safety video which is pretty funny and then the doors open.

I was disappointed to see I'm going to have the same problem with this ride as I did with BTTF to an extent. The back row is still a tight fight for anyone who is over 6 feet tall...which I am and of course, I was seated in the back row. The ride is rough and jerky in some spots but nothing compared to BTTF.

I can't really go into too much detail about the actual ride because I don't want to spoil it for anyone else. After the ride was over, we exited the building and were greeted with a coupon for a free Squishee and a button (which was the free gift). Here's the button:

DSC01745.jpg

I got a Cherry Squishee and walked around a bit and took some pictures of the outside of the building and close-ups of the games:

DSC01734.jpg

DSC01733.jpg

DSC01732.jpg

DSC01731.jpg

DSC01726.jpg

DSC01727.jpg

By this time, the park was open and the crowd was streaming toward The Simpsons...the rest of the park was dead! I walked over towards E.T. and snapped this shot of one of the new signs:
DSC01737.jpg

I walked over to ROTM and rode twice with no wait through the single riders line. Several people asked what the wristband (I forgot I had it on) and the button were for and I explained it was for the passholder preview of The Simpsons earlier in the day.

After ROTM, I checked out the stuff in the Universal store and headed for the gates. The crowds had REALLY increased and it appeared it was going to be a VERY busy day.

As I was walking out, a family entered with the mother having to hold back the young son from running off. She told him...I don't know this place like I do Disney so you will NOT go off on your own. This kid was maybe seven or eight at the most and I thought...if this chick lets her kids run around Disney alone just because she knows the park, she's asking for trouble. :rolleyes:

I left around 10am and on the way home, stopped and got the oil changed in the car and went to Wendy's for lunch.

Tomorrow, I'm meeting Bonny and Lee (CDN Friends of Pooh) at DHS for the Toy Story Mania preview...it should be fun.

Hope you liked reading the TR...I'll never win an award for writing. :rolleyes1
Great TR Todd and you didn't do bad with the writing but me on the other hand need alot of help if I do one :lmao: :lmao:

Great reporting Metro!!!

at 8am there was a 35 min wait? ouch what will this be like when it opens:confused3

I guess i shuold line up for it at 6am LOL

On a note on your reporting......where are u in all those pictures hehehe:rotfl:

Great reporting Metro!!!

at 8am there was a 35 min wait? ouch what will this be like when it opens:confused3

I guess i shuold line up for it at 6am LOL

On a note on your reporting......where are u in all those pictures hehehe:rotfl:
Yeah...I was surprised by the wait time so early but remember...Universal has more local and FL resident passholders than Disney so it's always crowded for a preview. I shudder to think what the preview for HR3 is going to be like next year. :scared:

I'll try to get some shots of me tomorrow at DHS.
:thumbsup2

thanx so much Todd:thumbsup2

glad to hear it's not quite a bumpy as BTTF was (since i have back issues that require me to be selectively stoopid;) ), so...

can u compare it in intensity as to bumpiest to either:

Jimmy Neutron (too aggressive for me)

Star Tours (no problem for me):)

Have fun checking out the other new ride tomorrow, don't forget to post your impression & hopefully, pics

OT - any buzz yet as to EPs for Simpsons ride in the futurepopcorn:: ?

thanx so much Todd:thumbsup2

glad to hear it's not quite a bumpy as BTTF was (since i have back issues that require me to be selectively stoopid;) ), so...

can u compare it in intensity as to bumpiest to either:

Jimmy Neutron (too aggressive for me)

Star Tours (no problem for me):)

Have fun checking out the other new ride tomorrow, don't forget to post your impression & hopefully, pics

OT - any buzz yet as to EPs for Simpsons ride in the futurepopcorn:: ?
Thanks Janet! They have an Express line set up but still nothing on when it's going to be available. As far as comparing it to another ride, I would say it's probably like JN...but not as rough.

After the ride was over, we exited the building and were greeted with a coupon for a free Squishee and a button (which was the free gift). Here's the button:

DSC01745.jpg

That's the free gift? I can get those by the fistful for free!

That's the free gift? I can get those by the fistful for free!

Well...... then..... :rolleyes1

:rotfl:

Todd...great report! Thanks for enduring that torture for us..... :rolleyes: Enjoy TSM tomorrow and report back (here too, cuz I don't venture much to Disney side of the DIS)

Lori....I was thinking the exact same thing! :eek: At least fights don't break out in queue lines at Universal ;)

:rotfl2:

Great report Todd!! Can't wait for my trip!!! Too bad you don't actually get to play the games they have "stands" for. Then you could have some of Homer's fav people working them......the carnies! I watch too much Simpsons.

Nice report! We were in Jaws 212 at around the same time so we may have even cross paths lol. I almost had same problem as you did by getting in back but we had car "lucky number 7" and it wouldnt work so they took us to car 6 and my mom and I got in front so got lucky there.

Thanks Todd, great report...

I look forward to a new ride. My family likes JN for some unkown reason (must be a kid thing). We did JN 4 times in a row, since we stayed at the PBH. So when the rope drops, my family (whether they want to or not) will head for The Simpsons. How far from the entrance is it? I am at work and I did not get to see your pictures (sorry). Hopefully I can view them when I get home.

:goodvibes

Not sure how well you know the park but its near MIB. So you take a right iirc from entrance and go down the street T2 is on and keep following that it will take you to The Simpsons. Pretty easy access to get to so if you move fast it doesnt take long to get to.

Thanks Todd, great report...

I look forward to a new ride. My family likes JN for some unkown reason (must be a kid thing). We did JN 4 times in a row, since we stayed at the PBH. So when the rope drops, my family (whether they want to or not) will head for The Simpsons. How far from the entrance is it? I am at work and I did not get to see your pictures (sorry). Hopefully I can view them when I get home.

:goodvibes
Thanks Dave...don't worry...you'll know where The Simpsons is located. Just follow the throng of people.

As usual Todd, you always seem to have a great way of expressing yourself! I will just follow the crowd when the rope drops and will most likely end up at The Simpsons. My wife (the planner) likes to know ahead of time how far things are for the kids sake. My son (9) always wants to start out of the gate fast, but poohs out about 2 min in to it...:rotfl2:

:)

Again Todd, I will never be worthy... :worship:

Thanks,

Here are a few pix to add to Todd's report from Saturday morning

The line to get your wristband
IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

Some Que shots

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

From the top of the ramp, looking out on the park
:laundy:
IMG_0278.jpg

Inside the waiting room, just before getting on the ride

IMG_0282.jpg

After we rode

IMG_0285.jpg

the whole area from a distance

IMG_0344.jpg

Great report Todd! And thanks for the added pics Mike!

One of these days I'll get there. :rolleyes:

Thanks Janet! They have an Express line set up but still nothing on when it's going to be available. As far as comparing it to another ride, I would say it's probably like JN...but not as rough.

Express was open when we finally got to the ride on Sat... AP holder here, but due to 5 kids(and the damn ticket windows only having 2 open), into the park until 10am (yeah, we were in line for an extra ticket for over an hour). We drove all the way from the coast, and missed the freebies... then waited for an hour to ride (why don't they loop the toons for atleast an hour?), and I happily trotted to the baby swap... and waited....waited.... waited... yep, the dern thing went bonkers (yay techinical openings), and it took over 35 minutes for my guys to experience the ride... I didn't bother to swap, a 2 year old and 35 minutes of waiting.I was done.. I needed to vent on MIB...butchered aliens, and kicked my kids ****.... we left and went to IOA cause it was freaking hot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter