• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Pin Question...What are they and how do you get one

Minnie's Mate

DIS Veteran
Hi guys, I'm not a collector, but I do have a question. My wife and I decided to buy annual passes this year for the first time. On one of the other boards, I sawa thread about the annual pass pin. Do you get this complementary with your AP or do you have to buy it, too. Also, I saw mention of a lanyard that is available for free with a pin at the AK. Could someone give me some details about this and the AP pin? I thought it might be nice to have the AP pin to commemorate our first AP's.

Thanks, Tom

Hi Tom,

There are several AP pins, the one you are asking about from the AK, you can pick up by presenting your pass at the Mercantile in AK...they will give you your lanyard/pin and stamp your pass showing you have receieved them.

There is also a 100 years of magic pin for Walt's Birthday celebration...It is Mickey painting in gold and is very beautiful. Sells for $10.50, and can be found in several locations...Mercantile in AK, Socerors Hat at MGM, Pin central in EPCOT and probably exposition hall in MK (but I would have to check on that). This special pin sells out almost as fast as it comes in...so it may or may not be available while you are there...but will be restocked through out the next year.

There will also be AP pins released every quarter, I believe the next one is Feb.

Hope that helps you!

Cheryl

:wave:
I have an AP question too! :D
DH & I bought our AP's for the first time also. Do we have to be in the parks, or as AP members will they ship any of the AP pins?

Thanks for the info Cheryl. We are going to the world the last week of December and I'll be sure to check out the pin stores in the parks on a regular basis while we are there.

As of Monday evening (this week), there were NO annual pass pins available on WDW property according to CMs at both the AK pin cart & EPCOT pin station. They would have gladly taken my name & address to send me one, but the shipping was more than I was willing to pay :(. No one knew when they would get more of these pins, but each CM did say the pins would be available throughout the 100 years celebration Remember I only know what I was told :).

Countdown - only two more Saturday mornings to get up early! I talked to a Saturday a.m. pin friend - they missed me last Saturday- it was too quiet! First person in line arrived about 7 a.m. & was able to get me a set of pins. I haven't seen them yet :). Store opened at 10 a.m. I'll have to find out what time the Store opens this Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter