AP Parties?

RemainSeatedPlease

Part of Your World
This is my first year having an AP. It expires in mid December. I have read various posts here on the board referencing parties that are held for those with APs to encourage them to renew. It sounds like they are held once a quarter. Is this still a thing? I haven't heard any recent reports of APs actually being invited or going to one of these parties, so my guess is that they are no longer happening, but might I be receiving an invitation to one in the next few months?

They have different events based upon renewal dates. So if your pass expires between certain dates (like August-October) you get an invitation. And then the next event will be sept through December, don't quote me on the specifics, but it's something like that.
There is one coming up August 31st that we are going to.
We went to one last summer and also one for the Indiana Jones anniversary. They are usually on a week day from late evening to 11-12, so hard for many people to attend. We had so much fun at the IJ event, front row seats for a private showing of Fantasmic, and we showed up 5 minutes before the show started!
Because each member of my family has a different renewal date, it has worked out great for us and we have received an invitation for almost every event offered!

We just got an invitation in the mail yesterday, and our AP's expire the 3rd week of September. They offered two different nights to choose from, but they are both after school is back in session and late at night...so no go for us. Bummer.

Good to know they are still doing them. I will be in the parks for several days in November...it looks like they may have had one last year around the same time, so hopefully that is something I could possibly attend this year. I guess we'll see what I get the mail. Though, getting mail from Disney regarding my AP has been hit or miss. Is there any other way to find out about these parties?

Some of the AP events are only announced on social media, so make sure you follow the AP Facebook page and Twitter account.

The only send mailers for the big ones like the renewal parties. All of the other AP events I've attended have been through spotting social media announcements.

Good to know they are still doing them. I will be in the parks for several days in November...it looks like they may have had one last year around the same time, so hopefully that is something I could possibly attend this year. I guess we'll see what I get the mail. Though, getting mail from Disney regarding my AP has been hit or miss. Is there any other way to find out about these parties?

Our passes expire mid-November but we got an invitation to the AP parties coming up end of August/beginning of September. That makes me suspicious there won't be any AP parties in the November timeframe. Might just be too busy this year. We don't live in the area and have school-age kids, so the AP parties aren't something I expect to work out for us anyway, but I always look at Disney mail when it comes.

My annual pass expires in a couple of weeks and I've never had any correspondence with it, even emails. I'm assuming I wont get a mailed invitation because I live overseas but I am in the parks in September and I would have liked the chance to go. Is there any other way to check the details of the parties?

tia! :)

I ended up calling the Annual Passholder phone number because I wasn't getting mail or email. Turns out they had they the wrong/old information. There is no way to update your AP email/address online. I asked because I had updated it on my Disneyland.com account and the CM said they were two different systems.

My annual pass expires in a couple of weeks and I've never had any correspondence with it, even emails. I'm assuming I wont get a mailed invitation because I live overseas but I am in the parks in September and I would have liked the chance to go. Is there any other way to check the details of the parties?

tia! :)

There's two days for the fall AP renewal event - Monday, Aug 31st or Tuesday, September 1st. We received a flyer in the mail the Friday before registration opened, which just had the dates and times and that it'd be in Disneyland.

The AP events page is disneyland.com/events - it'll have you input your AP number and then let you know if you're eligible for any upcoming events.

I thought the August 31 date was kind of interesting. I was skimming back through the information on the previous AP event (the "summer" event), and it looked like the two dates to choose from were April 27 or August 31. Those events were for guests with AP that expired from May 24, 2015 and September 12, 2015. I guess this means the event on August 31 didn't fill up before the "summer" event deadline, so they added it to the round of dates for this time's AP.

There's two days for the fall AP renewal event - Monday, Aug 31st or Tuesday, September 1st. We received a flyer in the mail the Friday before registration opened, which just had the dates and times and that it'd be in Disneyland.

The AP events page is disneyland.com/events - it'll have you input your AP number and then let you know if you're eligible for any upcoming events.

Thank you! I wont be there till September 4th so looks like i'll miss it anyway. When I log in it gives me options for renewing but no event information. Sadly we won't be making enough trips in the next 12 months to make a renewal worth it but i've enjoyed having it :)

When I log in it gives me options for renewing but no event information.
If your AP expires before September 12, it's probably because you were actually eligible to register for the events back in the Spring (when they announced the "summer" dates). I think only the guests with APs expiring from September 13 to some time later this year (mid-November at least) are eligible to sign up now even though the August 31 event was/is open to both groups.

The link mentioned above is a direct place to see the events. And as already stated the AP Facebook and Twitter account often announces other events. In the spring it was for the Indiana Jones anniversary and Cinderella sneak peak. Rare character meet and greets and swag. Instagram is a great source to see the freebies.
The end of May (?) and Aug one was offered at the same time giving people a choice.
If you don't get mailers, double check your notification settings.

I entered my information on the events page and it said that there are no events available. My pass expires December 14th, so it looks like the window for whatever group I'm in hasn't opened yet.

Thanks for posting the link! I never got an invite in the mail, but I am eligible for these parties. Unfortunately, with my husband out of work, I can't justify adding in an impromptu trip for the party. I'm bummed. I really wanted to be able to go. :-(

From those who have experienced the AP event. Is it worth it to change your vacation dates to go? We have the second week of September already booked, but are considering changing to the previous week to be able to attend. Any advice would be helpful

It's hard to say. If changing your plans is not a big deal, then why not?
We went to one last summer in DCA almost all the rides were walk on, except RSR and TSM. Character meets had long lines. The energy was really awesome and they had some cool decorations up and characters were in super cute outfits.
We also went to the Indiana Jones event. Tomorrow land and fantasy land were closed. We were only allowed in adventureland, frontier land and New Orleands Square. At first it seemed really crowded but then as the night went on, we walked right on Indiana Jones (twice) anf they had a private showing of fantasmic that we just walked right up to, minutes before the show started.
We had fun at both events but don't think I would have spent $ or gone to huge inconveniences to change my travel plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter