• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I believe it's only for those who had an AP impacted by the closure period. APs are not yet available to the general public.

I cancelled during the closure and purchased a new AP 2 months ago. I asked about upgrading an existing ticket and was told no

I cancelled during the closure and purchased a new AP 2 months ago. I asked about upgrading an existing ticket and was told no

Not exactly the same, but I was able to apply the value of an existing ticket to my renewal last month.

Not exactly the same, but I was able to apply the value of an existing ticket to my renewal last month.
Did you renew over the phone or in person? I tried via the phone this morning and was told I had to do it in person.

I am soo glad I stumbled upon this thread, because I really need some advice from fellow AP holders! My son and I had annual passes (out-of-state Plat Pass holders) when COVID hit. I did cancel them. We would like to have APs once again, but I'm not sure what to do. We just came back from a spring break trip (Mar 27 - April 5), and I have another tentatively planned for June 24 - July 6. For the spring break trip, we bought multi-day tickets. I don't have tickets yet for the June/July trip. Should I try to get our Platinum annual passes back now? Or would it be better to buy another multi-day ticket and try to upgrade them later?

Also - We are planning on going in Dec/Jan 2021, too....and probably either spring break 2022/early summer 2022.

Please help!!!! Thank you!

Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but, I have an AP (just got it back & it's un-activated) and I can't make theme park reservations. Basically the system isn't recognizing me as an AP again yet, I assume. Should I just call? I remember back during the major shutdown that you had to get some sort of exception added to your account to make FP+ reservations (before they got rid of them), will something like that be applied so I can do my park ressies? TIA! I did call & am on the call back list so if I find out before someone can answer, I'll update.

I am soo glad I stumbled upon this thread, because I really need some advice from fellow AP holders! My son and I had annual passes (out-of-state Plat Pass holders) when COVID hit. I did cancel them. We would like to have APs once again, but I'm not sure what to do. We just came back from a spring break trip (Mar 27 - April 5), and I have another tentatively planned for June 24 - July 6. For the spring break trip, we bought multi-day tickets. I don't have tickets yet for the June/July trip. Should I try to get our Platinum annual passes back now? Or would it be better to buy another multi-day ticket and try to upgrade them later?

Also - We are planning on going in Dec/Jan 2021, too....and probably either spring break 2022/early summer 2022.

Please help!!!! Thank you!

Give the AP line a call and they will tell you if you qualify. Most who had an AP at the time of closure that they either got a refund on or let expire have been able to purchase a new AP. (I myself had one that expired in November and was able to purchase a net new Platinum AP on Sunday; it does not activate until you use it)

I bought tickets. Then when I was called for my pass renewal I asked (very politely) if she could credit the account for the ticket price. She was able to do so deducting it from the total on my pass. I think it depends on who you end up speaking with.
I finally received a call from the AP Recovery team at 28 days so I didn't have to deal with buying passes, trying to get credit for them, and upgrading to an AP later. I previously had Gold Passes for my wife and I but was offered the option to purchase a Platinum Pass. I purchased the Platinum Pass since one of our vacations is during a block out period. I'm happy that I received the call when I did as I was able to get all of the park reservations that we wanted for our May vacation. Thank you for the information though!

I had APs at the time of the closure and decided to keep them. They are due to expire at the end of June. Will I be able to renew with no issues?

I had APs at the time of the closure and decided to keep them. They are due to expire at the end of June. Will I be able to renew with no issues?

Ours expired during the closure. I had no problem renewing them online. Even did one as monthly payments and another as pay in full. Had to do them separately because of the different payments. But it went smoothly!

I finally received a call from the AP Recovery team at 28 days so I didn't have to deal with buying passes, trying to get credit for them, and upgrading to an AP later. I previously had Gold Passes for my wife and I but was offered the option to purchase a Platinum Pass. I purchased the Platinum Pass since one of our vacations is during a block out period. I'm happy that I received the call when I did as I was able to get all of the park reservations that we wanted for our May vacation. Thank you for the information though!
Today is day 28 for us so I'm hoping for a similar experience. Getting anxious!

Yes you will. Our APs were to expire in December, extended til May. I had the renewal option in MDE starting 60 days before expiration & renewed about a week later. Our current pass & the renewal both show up in MDE.

glad to see your timeframe. Just saw a recent post where the recovery team told someone it would be 10-12 weeks ! Yikes. I only waited 2 weeks back in February. The person has been waiting over 3 weeks now.

Mine expires this weekend but we have not gone because the mask mandate.
I was told I could not buy a new pass unless it is a renewal that is continuous from April 17.
I would have been better off requesting a refund when my trip was cancelled for closure last spring.

I called exactly 4 weeks ago today to try to recover our 4 Platinum AP's (Paid in full) that expired 12/20/20. On that call I informed the CM that at the time they were expiring we didn't know if we wanted to renew with the pandemic and limited offerings, and that we had not received any emails or mailing informing us our AP's were expiring and encouraging us to renew. She said we'd be eligible to recover our passes and that we'd get a call back, and it could take up to 4-6 weeks. Today at exactly 4 weeks I got a call, and the CM happily assisted me and I paid for new Platinum AP's for our family of 4. It probably took me less than 10 minutes. She linked them to My Disney Experience and they have an expiration of 12/31/2099.

So because I fall under the exception to repurchase annual passes, and because they are not allowing for purchases of Platinum Plus annual passes, and because the price of a Platinum Pass is not worth it to me given the fact of the extremely limited 3 reservation days per pass and no free Oak Trail golf, I'm considering purchasing an Epcot After 4 pass. My kid has reached the age (14) where MK and AK are borderline boring, and HS is overcrowded, but we both still very much love Epcot and we will still be able to see the newest WDW attractions when they open (Ratatouille, Harmonious, GOTG) and can get one day passes if we are really wanting to hit the other parks.

1: Has anyone had success purchasing the Epcot After 4 passes during this new window to purchase APs for those who fall under the exception?

2: Does the Epcot After 4 pass also require reservations, and have any dates blacked out for the Epcot After 4 pass since the park reservation system started?

3: Is the Epcot After 4 pass worth $680 for my kid and I? (I'm thinking YES)

Thanks in advance.

Been trying to chat with Disney on the site and no luck so figured I would ask on here. Our passes expire towards the end of July. We currently have weekday select(summer blacked out) and are going to upgrade to Gold when we are eligible to renew towards the end of May. My question is does the new pass go into effect the day we renew/upgrade or when the current one expires? We would like to be able to go to the parks throughout the summer. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter