AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

The email I received from Disney said they weren't adding the extra 30 days until after the August 11th decision day. Did they already go ahead and do it? Is there anyway to tell in MDE?
My extra 30 days was added last week. if you look under "My tickets" you can see if your expiration date moved.

Does anyone know if there is an option to make my AP dormant for a while instead of getting a refund?
My pass was activated min Jan 2020.
I was going to go at least 2 more times between now and Jan 2021, but with the state of affairs, thats not going to happen.
I lieu of a refund I was thinking if they could set my pass to some king of inactive status until this thing blows over whenever that will be I would be fine with like a full year extension or something.

Can you guys tell me if I am looking at this correctly? My Platinum AP says it is set to expire on 6/6/21. So if going by what Disney is saying, 7/11/20 through 6/6/21 is 330 days. The price of the Platinum Pass is $1,195. So divided by 365 is $3.27 per day. So in theory my refund should be $3.27 x 330 = $1,079.10. Is that correct?

When did you activate your AP? Was it in February of 2020? If so, your figure could be correct. You could not have activated between March 16 and July 11, and if they extended you to 6/6/21 by 117 days, I would guess your original activation was about Feb 10, 20.

For a full refund, your pass would then expire August 11, 2020. Your extra 30 days.

Regarding Tables In Wonderland- has anyone had any luck getting a partial refund on that?

I got the impression that the office that handles TiW hasn’t reopened yet. A note was added for me to receive a call when they do reopen to discuss options.

Does anyone know if there is an option to make my AP dormant for a while instead of getting a refund?

No, unfortunately.

Many folks thought this would be a great option, for those who did not want to cancel but don't feel comfortable going anytime soon. But I imagine Disney considered it and decided it was not feasible, for whatever reason.

Hi all! This thread had been an invaluable resource, so I wanted to report back. We are platinum AP holders, paid in full, from Canada. My dh has a My Disney Experience account, and both of our AP's are linked to it.

A couple weeks ago, he received 1 email that had a link for cancelling. However, there was no name in the email, so we had no idea whose AP we were cancelling by clicking it. After clicking, we did get a confirmation email, but again, no name. I emailed Disney, and got a response a week later. She said that BOTH of us should have received separate cancel emails. Since we only got 1, only 1 of the passes had been cancelled. We had to call to cancel the other one.

We did that tonight. We only waited 45 minutes to get through. The CM went ahead and cancelled both passes. He couldn't tell which pass had been cancelled through the email, so he just processed both. We have since received a confirmation email, but just like the first one two weeks ago, no specific names are mentioned. Hopefully it went through ok!!

Good luck, everyone!

Should I be concerned that I’ve received no email about Annual Passes from Disney? I have called and spoke to someone twice. Both times (6 weeks apart) I was told they were going to process it “soon.”

No, unfortunately.

Many folks thought this would be a great option, for those who did not want to cancel but don't feel comfortable going anytime soon. But I imagine Disney considered it and decided it was not feasible, for whatever reason.
Thats a bummer.

When did you activate your AP? Was it in February of 2020? If so, your figure could be correct. You could not have activated between March 16 and July 11, and if they extended you to 6/6/21 by 117 days, I would guess your original activation was about Feb 10, 20.

For a full refund, your pass would then expire August 11, 2020. Your extra 30 days.

I bought my AP during Marathon Weekend this past January. I think it was January 10th.

I bought my AP during Marathon Weekend this past January. I think it was January 10th.

If you're trying to count the number of days for which you might get a refund, I believe you need to know when you activated the pass, not when you bought it. The day you activated the pass in person at Disney World determines your pass's expiration date; add 117 days to that date (for the number of days that the parks were closed) to figure out your extended expiration date. Your refund is supposed to be from 07/11/2020 to the extended expiration date. If your pass had block out dates, I believe you have to back those out.

If you look in MDE today, you might see that Disney added another month to your extended expiration date. But if you cancel, you will not get a refund for that extra month.

If you're trying to count the number of days for which you might get a refund, I believe you need to know when you activated the pass, not when you bought it. The day you activated the pass in person at Disney World determines your pass's expiration date; add 117 days to that date (for the number of days that the parks were closed) to figure out your extended expiration date. Your refund is supposed to be from 07/11/2020 to the extended expiration date. If your pass had block out dates, I believe you have to back those out.

If you look in MDE today, you might see that Disney added another month to your extended expiration date. But if you cancel, you will not get a refund for that extra month.

Bought and activated at the same time, January 10th.

Then I would knock back your refund by 30 days. For the 30 days, I think they are offering actual AP extra time, not a refund of an extra 30 days, as in if you elect to cancel you get paid from July 11, but your AP gets extended to August 11. Again, just a guess on my part. You would have had available use from January 10 to March 16.

Bought and activated at the same time, January 10th.

So expiration date probably January 9. Extended expiration date January 9 + 117 days. Refund July 11 to extended expiration date. Probably back out any blockout dates if your pass has them.

Has anyone received a confirmation email after they called and cancelled?

I called earlier this week and cancelled my and DH’s APs (neither of us received the originally promised email with AP options). The CM confirmed our contact info and said I would receive a confirmation email within 48 hours, but it never came.

Has anyone received a confirmation email after they called and cancelled?

I called earlier this week and cancelled my and DH’s APs (neither of us received the originally promised email with AP options). The CM confirmed our contact info and said I would receive a confirmation email within 48 hours, but it never came.
We cancelled on Friday night, and received an email within minutes of the call. However, it was a generic email with no mention of our specific names. Not sure if everything went through ok. 🤔

I'm sure you will all roll your eyes at this question..... and I should know...... but I am just verifying....
If your AP says "expires on Oct 21" that means the actual last day that it can be used is "Oct 21st"? Right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter