AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I just saw I received an extra 30 days on our passes(out of state platinum) even though we requested the refund on the 117 days. Was an additional 30 days granted at some point?

Yes, it is an extra 30 days. I called for the 117 day refund (minus the gold block out over Easter period I guess, but don't know). Hasn't been refunded yet but up until today, I had no extension. Now I have 1 month added.

Gold AP - originally expires Nov 6, 2020 as of today showing Dec 6 2020 expiry.

Refund requested in April or May for closed period of 117 days but so far not received.

Resort reservations in November. Pass will cover if I go.

But I may cancel all or part.

Also have a back up AP in MDE.
Have individual 1 day tickets as well.

Considering requesting a 'cancel and full refund' for this annual pass and will use 1 or 2 single day passes if I go.

Will my back up extra AP keep my park reservations live if I call and cancel existing AP? This AP is a Platinum and I want to save it for a year I do Xmas or Easter.
Will my refund be enough to justify full cancellation effective July 11?

(I have no expiry tickets on the newer media so they work fine in MDE, but I don't want to commit the tickets until I know what/whether I will actually travel in November.)

I figure if I go I'll do a couple of food and wine days. Then, I wouldn't start a new AP before Nov 2021.

Elected to cancel our passes DVC Gold APs yesterday. All had received the 117 day extension. Checked today, and while they are still there and showing the original 117 days (no additional 30 days), our Water Park passes (which had not yet received any extension yet as the parks are still closed) have been extended by one month (from an original expiry on Nov 10 to Dec 10). 🤦🏼‍♀️ I have no idea what Disney is thinking or doing.

This whole thing is confusing. For passes paid in full this seems to be what's happening
If you didn't take the refund for your 117 days closed (about $1.95-ish per day for gold) You now have the choice of a full refund, including dates closed. (ex: 117 extra days minus 16 days for a gold pass on the holiday blackout).
If you don't want a full refund, you get an extra 30 days to make up your access lost with park reservations.

Interesting to me was if I canceled (we did) I can still use my pass for that extra 30 days in theory since I can go between now and Aug 11th. Im out of state so its not happening, but for locals thats interesting. Yet I would have kept my pass if they had made it 4 park days in a row. Im not traveling for 3 parks 😂

Lastly, what will people get if they wait out this offer?

Elected to cancel our passes DVC Gold APs yesterday. All had received the 117 day extension. Checked today, and while they are still there and showing the original 117 days (no additional 30 days), our Water Park passes (which had not yet received any extension yet as the parks are still closed) have been extended by one month (from an original expiry on Nov 10 to Dec 10). 🤦🏼‍♀️ I have no idea what Disney is thinking or doing.

My understanding of your situation is that they will calculate from July 11 to the end of your 117 day extension, whatever date that is. Your pass (depending on original expiry) should be still good until Aug 11, thus giving you the extra 30 days, as paid between July 11 and Aug 11.

I was on hold but there was bad static occasionally and sometimes noise that sounded like a fax machine. I hung up and tried again; same thing. Did anybody else have this? I'm afraid that if I finally get through to a live person, they won't be able to hear me (or I won't be able to hear them).

Also note: the recording says to have your AP card ready, and if you are on the monthy payment plan, to have your contract ID ready.

I was on hold but there was bad static occasionally and sometimes noise that sounded like a fax machine. I hung up and tried again; same thing. Did anybody else have this? I'm afraid that if I finally get through to a live person, they won't be able to hear me (or I won't be able to hear them).

Also note: the recording says to have your AP card ready, and if you are on the monthy payment plan, to have your contract ID ready.
I got the noise occasionally on hold too. It would last 10-20 seconds and then return to normal. I was on this morning and in 90 minutes of hold it happened 2-3 times. I asked for the partial refund a month ago, when there was an option to get a refund for the days the parks were closed and maintain the same end date. I have not gotten an email and in MDE I got extended, so I was calling to confirm my original request. They indicated my request is in the system and it should process, but no time table was given. I paid with gift cards, however unlike most I still have the used gift cards (much to my DW questioning I have MANY 0 value GC's). However they indicated if you paid with GC they assume you will no longer have them and a replacement GC will take weeks to send after they finally process the request.

I called this morning at 7:45am. Listening to the soundtrack of every Disney ride about 5 times. I have a paid in full AP DVC gold. i needed my actual AP cards to process my refunds. I had read that here on disboards. So glad I had them to make the process easier.

Does anyone know of a way to find out how many visits you have made on your AP? I looked on my account on MDE and definitely didn't see any sort of "counter" but wasn't sure if anyone knows something I don't.....
I don’t know of any way to check through the Disney app or website but I have never visited a park without taking at least one picture so the best record for me is my phone camera roll... for whatever that’s worth!

I received my 30 day Extension today. Gold pass originally expired on 9/13. Was extended at some point to 1/8 and today expiration shows 2/7. we have cancelled our July trip and will probably have to cancel September, but we are still hoping for November and January.

not wanting to scroll back so triple checking as the wording is confusing ..... if you are a PIF AP and want to just keep things with the extensions do you need to click the link or is that only to cancel (my MDE as of now shows the 4 month extension not the 30 extra days)

not wanting to scroll back so triple checking as the wording is confusing ..... if you are a PIF AP and want to just keep things with the extensions do you need to click the link or is that only to cancel (my MDE as of now shows the 4 month extension not the 30 extra days)

I believe the email says if you do nothing it will default to extending the extra 30 days in addition to the closed days.

Here is what it says when you click on the link in the email:
As a reminder, you must select and submit your option by August 11, 2020. If you do not make a selection by that date, your annual pass will automatically continue and an additional month (30 days) will be added to your pass expiration date. Please note that once confirmed, selections cannot be changed.

Also, with regard to closed days:

We recognize that our park reservation system will change the way many of our Passholders use their pass. With that in mind, we recently announced options to manage your pass. These options are in addition to what you may have already elected during the closure period.

Hope this helps!

I believe the email says if you do nothing it will default to extending the extra 30 days in addition to the closed days.

Here is what it says when you click on the link in the email:
As a reminder, you must select and submit your option by August 11, 2020. If you do not make a selection by that date, your annual pass will automatically continue and an additional month (30 days) will be added to your pass expiration date. Please note that once confirmed, selections cannot be changed.

Also, with regard to closed days:

We recognize that our park reservation system will change the way many of our Passholders use their pass. With that in mind, we recently announced options to manage your pass. These options are in addition to what you may have already elected during the closure period.

Hope this helps!
Thanks.....

I'm starting to wonder about their wording of the refund amount being based on "access days" left. It makes me feel like they'll subtract out any blackout days applicable to your pass to figure out how many days you get refunded for. One one hand that's completely fair. However, if you're taking those days out of the top part of the fraction (the number of access days YOU HAVE LEFT), fairness also dictates blackout dates should be taken out of the denominator as well (the number of access days you paid for). To take this to an extreme example - if a silver passholder activated the day prior to the parks closing and took the refund option, it would make no sense for Disney to say you had 268 access dates left once we take blackouts into account so you get 73% of your ticket refunded. Clearly an unfair outcome to someone whose pass was valid for 1 day before closure.

True fairness would be simply number of days left on pass divided by 365 with blackouts ignored (or what I said above with taking blackout dates out of both parts of the faction although I think the math gets really annoying for them to do that).

Do we have any data on this yet?

I don’t know of any way to check through the Disney app or website but I have never visited a park without taking at least one picture so the best record for me is my phone camera roll... for whatever that’s worth!
Yes! Or look for your Google timeline if you have a Google account. They follow you everywhere, which I think is slightly creepy but totally fun to look back at!

After two hours on hold, I finally got a live person - and he said he was IT. I said I had called the AP line. He said they were getting the overflow calls. I wonder if I could have called IT directly and avoided the two hours on hold.
800-848-6413, extension 3.

I'm starting to wonder about their wording of the refund amount being based on "access days" left. It makes me feel like they'll subtract out any blackout days applicable to your pass to figure out how many days you get refunded for. One one hand that's completely fair. However, if you're taking those days out of the top part of the fraction (the number of access days YOU HAVE LEFT), fairness also dictates blackout dates should be taken out of the denominator as well (the number of access days you paid for). To take this to an extreme example - if a silver passholder activated the day prior to the parks closing and took the refund option, it would make no sense for Disney to say you had 268 access dates left once we take blackouts into account so you get 73% of your ticket refunded. Clearly an unfair outcome to someone whose pass was valid for 1 day before closure.

True fairness would be simply number of days left on pass divided by 365 with blackouts ignored (or what I said above with taking blackout dates out of both parts of the faction although I think the math gets really annoying for them to do that).

Do we have any data on this yet?

I don't think so. I think we are only guessing on how the refund is calculated. I mean if you paid for a pass that only has 250 (a random number) of access days, then your cost per day should be divided by 250 days not 365 days which is the number I see in the examples around here. I have a gold pass so if it's blocked out for xmas and easter, then my days are 365 minus - those days, not looking at the calendar right now so maybe 25 to 30 total. So 335ish divided into the cost of a park pass, not 365.

That August 11 deadline is really annoying as we have no idea what the virus situation will look like in the fall and winter. They're allowed to drag their heels making decisions, how about allowing us time too? We can't predict the future any better than they can.

My understanding of your situation is that they will calculate from July 11 to the end of your 117 day extension, whatever date that is. Your pass (depending on original expiry) should be still good until Aug 11, thus giving you the extra 30 days, as paid between July 11 and Aug 11.
Thanks! No idea why they would have added a 30 day extension to the water park passes at this point though, given they aren’t even open and have yet to be adjusted for the closure period. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Maybe they are being proactive and just adding 30 days to all types of passes and then they will be adjusted again for the closure period once they open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter