AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Update from my trail yesterday: gave up after being on hold for 50 minutes (also end of work day, so wanted to get started on dinner)

What time does the phone lines open? 7 EST?

i called all hours of the morning, afternoon, evening on day 1. day 2 i just called from my cell phone and left it on speaker until someone picked up. about half an hour on the first part (i think the overflow of AP calls go to the general CMs, who then have to transfer you to AP), then approx 90 minutes on hold for AP.

Just checked and they added the extra 30 days to our passes! I haven’t called or done the online form yet, leaning towards keeping them since we have 3 trips booked before they are set to expire.

Just checked and they added the extra 30 days to our passes! I haven’t called or done the online form yet, leaning towards keeping them since we have 3 trips booked before they are set to expire.
Mine hasn't been added, but I'm curious what'll happen if/when it is. My pass expires 9/4 right now, and they said the extra 30 days would be added in October. I emailed asking how that would work and got a "We really don't know yet" response. So now I'm still waiting to see what AP prices will be. It seems insane to me to charge the same (especially given how much the pass went up in the past 2 years) when you can't park hop, there are limited hours, etc., so if it is the same I might let it expire. On the other hand, if they compensate with large discounts on dining, merch, and hotel, maybe it'll be worth it to renew. I'm supposed to go in November (we are attending a private event that's already paid for) so at some point I need to get tickets & make park reservations, and that's the part I'm worried about.

Mine hasn't been added, but I'm curious what'll happen if/when it is. My pass expires 9/4 right now, and they said the extra 30 days would be added in October. I emailed asking how that would work and got a "We really don't know yet" response. So now I'm still waiting to see what AP prices will be. It seems insane to me to charge the same (especially given how much the pass went up in the past 2 years) when you can't park hop, there are limited hours, etc., so if it is the same I might let it expire. On the other hand, if they compensate with large discounts on dining, merch, and hotel, maybe it'll be worth it to renew. I'm supposed to go in November (we are attending a private event that's already paid for) so at some point I need to get tickets & make park reservations, and that's the part I'm worried about.
I have a feeling we may see more discounts roll out after September...and maybe they’ll extend the 30% off merchandise discount they just released past August 14? Btw, to see the updated dates for mine, I logged out of the app and then checked 2 different places. Under “Tickets and Passes” it still shows the original extension date, but under “My profile > Memberships and passes” it shows the new 30 day extension.

Several days ago, I requested a refund online for two paid in full platinum passes (2 separate initial emails with the links and then two separate emails confirming that my refund was in process) and now today the two passes have been extended an additional 30 days. Oh boy.

I have a feeling we may see more discounts roll out after September...and maybe they’ll extend the 30% off merchandise discount they just released past August 14? Btw, to see the updated dates for mine, I logged out of the app and then checked 2 different places. Under “Tickets and Passes” it still shows the original extension date, but under “My profile > Memberships and passes” it shows the new 30 day extension.
You're right, there it shows October 4th. That's funny because I got that email yesterday from AP guest services. Kind of shows there's a lot of confusion, haha. I wonder if I could use my pass once & then request a refund for the remaining days, or if you can only request a refund if you don't go into the parks at all.

Not sure if this was confirmed on here already, but I was told by Disney CM last night that if you do not have original form of payment, Disney will be mailing a check (not a gift card). I'm sure this could change, but I was happy to hear that I will be getting a check.

You're right, there it shows October 4th. That's funny because I got that email yesterday from AP guest services. Kind of shows there's a lot of confusion, haha. I wonder if I could use my pass once & then request a refund for the remaining days, or if you can only request a refund if you don't go into the parks at all.
I think you have until August 11 to use the pass before you have to cancel, and you will get the full refund as of July 11.

So frustrating! Can I ask, how could you tell that your cancellation applied to two of your passes? I should have DS's pass under my email, but by clicking the link I didn't have any indication of multiple passes or which pass it was in reference to (since our last name is the same and the level of pass is the same). I reached out via chat and they said I should be getting another email at some point to make the selection for the second pass and that each link was for a single pass....but now I'm not so sure! I am on conference calls this afternoon and can't spend the time on the phone to the Passholder line. But I guess we have some time, so it isn't like I need to get this handled today. Still, I would like to get this put to bed, like all of us would I'm sure!
When I did the online cancellation on the page before the last page had a sentence that said "your 2 AP's have been cancelled". Again, it would be so much more helpful if WDW would put your AP information on the cancellation confirmation email.
GOOD LUCK!

So as I stated a few pages ago I'm a silver AP and called this AM to ask if I happen to book a Disney resort via the resort offer right now for next weekend would that then allow me to then get into a park during my stay. After waiting forever the nice cast member said "yes certainly" so I booked a room and now when I go to make a park reservation it still says I'm blacked out. Sigh, I wouldn't have made the resort reservation then. I'm fine with the black out periods (as normal) but just don't say that we are good to go after we spend hundreds of dollars on a resort if that is the case. Guess I can call back and ask again?
They're definitely not lifting any blockout dates for anyone. Maybe the first CM misunderstood. Yes, there's additional AP park passes now, but you can still only go to the parks if your pass allows it.
My passes would‘ve expired on 10/25 and now expire on 2/19/21, 117 days. Is that what it should be? I’m confused what the extra 30 days thing is about?
The extra 30 days is an option for those who don't want to cancel their passes. It's basically Disney's way of saying "Thanks for continuing to be an AP during these times, here's another 30 days for your pass."
And other than missing out on the AP apology magnet is there any benefit to canceling August 11 versus now? Considering I have active park reservations on my current AP I would probably wait until AP sales resume so I can retain my park reservations.
Well, no one knows when AP sales will resume and you only have until August 11 to decide if you're going to cancel your pass so it's your call on what you want to do!

I'm not sure if that's true. I called about a month ago to request a refund on our paid-in-full APs and all have since been extended 117 days.
Yeah but it also has to do with how the CM noted it on your account for processing. A lot of CM's honestly probably didn't know what to do since "partial refunds" and pass cancellations were never a thing. So many people have been calling since April to get a refund. From personal experience, even though my bf's AP is on my account, a CM called me back to tell me that he needed to make a verbal confirmation for extending his AP. I wonder if this was an issue for other people who manage other AP's and wished to cancel since you need the contract/pass owner to confirm it verbally, not just the manager of the pass. Again, this whole process is new for everyone, including CM's, so it's very probable that requests weren't noted/processed properly.

I'm really curious about the formula to determine the refund amount. If I orginally paid $744 January 12, 2020 and my refund is processed for July 11, 2020-May 9, 2021 I would expect to see a decent refund.

I am back and forth on what to do. I'm definitely not going to WDW for the remainder of 2020 and next possible trips are Jan & Mar 2021. Of course those are dependent on many factors. I see the refund as a more valuable option.

Yeah but it also has to do with how the CM noted it on your account for processing. A lot of CM's honestly probably didn't know what to do since "partial refunds" and pass cancellations were never a thing. So many people have been calling since April to get a refund.
The CM I spoke to seemed like he knew what he was doing, but you're probably right. It could also be that there's no magic wand Disney can wave to process the refunds and they have to be processed one passholder at a time.

Does anyone know of a way to find out how many visits you have made on your AP? I looked on my account on MDE and definitely didn't see any sort of "counter" but wasn't sure if anyone knows something I don't.....

I had a problem where only 1 of our 4 AP's got extended the 117 days. 3 of them didn't. They kept telling me to keep checking but extension never happened automatically. I called yesterday and they were able to extend the other 3 so they all had the same expiration date. Today, I check again. They did the same thing with the 30 day extension. My AP was extended, but the other 3 were not. Has anyone else that has multiple AP's purchased and activated at the same time and also paid in full have this problem where they don't all extend at the same time?

Yeah but it also has to do with how the CM noted it on your account for processing. A lot of CM's honestly probably didn't know what to do since "partial refunds" and pass cancellations were never a thing. So many people have been calling since April to get a refund. From personal experience, even though my bf's AP is on my account, a CM called me back to tell me that he needed to make a verbal confirmation for extending his AP. I wonder if this was an issue for other people who manage other AP's and wished to cancel since you need the contract/pass owner to confirm it verbally, not just the manager of the pass. Again, this whole process is new for everyone, including CM's, so it's very probable that requests weren't noted/processed properly.

yes, I was on the phone with the CM and after she canceled my AP, I had to give the phone t my husband for him to verbally agree to the cancellations of his AP and renewal certificate.

I had a problem where only 1 of our 4 AP's got extended the 117 days. 3 of them didn't. They kept telling me to keep checking but extension never happened automatically. I called yesterday and they were able to extend the other 3 so they all had the same expiration date. Today, I check again. They did the same thing with the 30 day extension. My AP was extended, but the other 3 were not. Has anyone else that has multiple AP's purchased and activated at the same time and also paid in full have this problem where they don't all extend at the same time?

Yes my sister and I postponed our passes on the same time.. Hers got extended to january mine did not. They just extended mine out one month today. I've called several times to get more information prior today and didn't get anywhere. They said they would fix it Monday. I am consolidating all my information for a letter

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter