AP Mickey Monitor newsletter?

mickeyonasticky

DIS Veteran
I've been an AP holder since October 2012, and I've never received a Mickey Monitor newsletter. How often are they mailed out? If this is a perk of being a passholder, I'd certainly like to receive it...

From the passholder website:
Mickey Monitor newsletter, mailed in February, May, August and November, includes additional benefits and program updates. Only one newsletter per active Walt Disney World Passholder household is mailed within the U.S. and Puerto Rico.

If you currently have an active AP and are not receiving the Mickey Monitor, call the passholder hotline at 407-560-7277.

they are mailed 4 time/yr. Feb, may, aug,, nov. A lot of us never get them. I have been lucky to get mine but as of right now I couldn't tell you where my last issue is.

I got one in March. There's a whole article on My Disney Experience including FP+ and magic bands...

Unfortunately receiving The Mickey Monitor is "hit or miss".

Some Passholders always get them,some get them occasionally and some never get them.

The Monitor use to be available online on the Passholder site,but with the introduction of the new site,it is no linger available online.

From the passholder website:

If you currently have an active AP and are not receiving the Mickey Monitor, call the passholder hotline at 407-560-7277.

I've been a passholder since November. I've never gotten a Mickey Monitor, never gotten a special passholder email, and I did call the passholder hotline to inquire. The polite CM took all my info again, but still no Mickey Monitors or special emails. This will be my first and last year as a passholder. And when they ask me to renew, I'll be sure to let them know why.

I sometimes get them, lol. And sometimes I get the special mailers and postcards advertising certain events, but with those often it's some other family's name and my address, lol. So I think Disney has some database problems, sigh.

DH and I have been passholders since 2003. I've gotten about 4 total in all that time.

My mom has been a passholder since 2006 (different address). She has never gotten one.

we have never rec. anything and I called a few times and I was told "oohh we will send you a copy out today"...good thing im not holding my breath

My whole family have been passholders for over 20 years and it is, as others have said, hit or miss. It is strange because sometimes I'll get one, sometimes my husband, or my daughter or son or none of us!! I don't know why. If you figure it out let me know, HA HA. I have called, e-mailed them, etc. over the years and sometimes the monitor comes for awhile after that. There doesn't seem to be any real procedure. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone.

Enjoy The Magic and the Mickey Monitor when it arrives!!

Well that's disheartening to hear. If they're advertising the Mickey Monitor as something that AP holders should be receiving four times a year, I wonder why it's so hit or miss.

I did call earlier today, and the girl on the phone was less than friendly. She did take down my information and said that she was submitting a form which would enable somebody to research why I wasn't receiving the newsletters, and that someone would contact me in about three weeks. I don't need research to be done, I just want my newsletter! I mean this is ridiculous.

Google it, I just found a site that scanned it. KennyThePirate you should be receiving it but at least there is access to it.

Google it, I just found a site that scanned it. KennyThePirate you should be receiving it but at least there is access to it.

Oh that's interesting! Thanks! I am in Australia and disney have this HUGE barrier when it comes to interacting with international customers - never get anything

As someone else mentioned, the current and previous editions of the Mickey Monitor used to be available on the Passholder site but disappeared with the web site update.

If everyone would take a minute and email Disney to let them know you want the Mickey Monitor back on the Passholder page, it may get the message across.

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

It's not even that I want to read the newsletter online. As part of purchasing an annual pass, I've paid to receive the Mickey Monitor newsletter four times a year. Absolutely ridiculous.

I think they should just provide a place online where you can look at it or download it, and send out email reminders to all passholders when a new one is added. Would save all this hassle of snail mail and mailing lists.

I think they should just provide a place online where you can look at it or download it, and send out email reminders to all passholders when a new one is added. Would save all this hassle of snail mail and mailing lists.

If they just did that, that'd be great. However I'm expecting a newsletter in my mail box. I do think your idea is better and easier than what they've got going right now.

This a good idea. I just sent an e-mail. I am a new annual passholder and haven't received one yet, but assumed I just had to wait until the next one came out. It was hard enough to get access to the passholder page :rolleyes2, so I'm not holding my breath for the Mickey Monitor.
I am new to these boards, but have learned quite a bit just lurking and decided to sign up. I am actually a former CM (a long time ago in my college days) but soooo much has changed and now I am just another mom trying to share the magic with my children.

Well, much to my surprise, I just received a phone call from Disney re: my mickey monitor e-mail. She verified my email address and home address and stated she would get one out to me. BUT, the real interesting part of the conversation was that as of this afternoon, in the past hour she stated, it is to be on the passholder page, under a new tab labeled "passholder extras". I just looked and it is there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter