AP/MB Offsite/Onsite question

ukguy82

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We have AP's bought and linked to our MDE using the will call reference number.

We are currently scheduled to stay off site arriving 12/27, if we book a 1 night, room only stay at a Disney resort to enable us to get our MB's mailed out to us and make FP+ selections, what happens if we then cancel our hotel reservation? Will our MB's / FP+ still be valid?

Also, if we just have MB's, how do we get free car parking / discount on merchandise? Do we also need to go and ask for an RFID card?

Any help appreciated.

Hi,

We have AP's bought and linked to our MDE using the will call reference number.

We are currently scheduled to stay off site arriving 12/27, if we book a 1 night, room only stay at a Disney resort to enable us to get our MB's mailed out to us and make FP+ selections,

1- what happens if we then cancel our hotel reservation? Will our MB's / FP+ still be valid?

2- Also, if we just have MB's, how do we get free car parking / discount on merchandise? Do we also need to go and ask for an RFID card?

Any help appreciated.

1- Dead.
2- You need the plastic AP card for discounts.
Band-readers used at the parking entrances.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

So if we do check in to the hotel (probably still wouldn't actually stay the night), would they give us a plastic AP ticket as well as linking our AP's to our MB's?

I know it might seem crazy to pay for a room that we won't stay in, but this trip is in that very busy Xmas/New Year period and it would be nice to have FP+ reservations made without needing to be at the parks early every single day.

It also then means we can do FP+ reservation for the whole of the trip and future off site stays, without having to worry about if/when Disney will allow FP+/MB for of site AP holders.

We were told at check-in that we had to "wake up" our MB by opening our room. Not sure what the "wake up" affects but I know we could not use our MB to access club level til our room was ready and we had opened the room with our MB. We had to use our KTTW card til we had woken the MB.
We did not have plans to go to a park that day so not sure how that would have worked.

Has this been confirmed for AP holders (I know I've seen confirmation for non-ap holders)? We have MBs from our last trip on site and we can make FP reservations for our off site December trip. With all the problems they're having I find it hard to believe the one thing they actually have ironed out is deactivating AP holder magic bands if they didn't check in.

We upgraded our MYW to APs a couple of weeks ago. The APs are on our MBs and we were given plastic cards. We are able to book FP+ 60 days in advance. We have another resort stay booked, but we can book FP+ beyond that stay. As for "waking up" the MB we did not access our room before using our MB for park entry, dining plan, room charge, or FP+. We checked in and went straight to the park because our room wasn't ready.

We upgraded our MYW to APs a couple of weeks ago. The APs are on our MBs and we were given plastic cards. We are able to book FP+ 60 days in advance. We have another resort stay booked, but we can book FP+ beyond that stay. As for "waking up" the MB we did not access our room before using our MB for park entry, dining plan, room charge, or FP+. We checked in and went straight to the park because our room wasn't ready.

Thanks. That whole "waking up" think sounded fishy since I have to imagine a lot of people get there early and head to parks before they get a chance to open their door! Whether it works before actually checking in however . .

If you still have an active reservation on the day you arrive, (or up to three days prior, if you do the "early ticket pick-up) you can use your MB for park entrance, etc.

If you cancel your resort reservation prior to the trip, your MB will be dead.
(Or not, considering the sad state of WDW software.)

The problem is, if you do have a problem, try explaining why you're
trying to get a MB to work for a cancelled trip.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

So if we do check in to the hotel (probably still wouldn't actually stay the night), would they give us a plastic AP ticket as well as linking our AP's to our MB's?

I know it might seem crazy to pay for a room that we won't stay in, but this trip is in that very busy Xmas/New Year period and it would be nice to have FP+ reservations made without needing to be at the parks early every single day.

It also then means we can do FP+ reservation for the whole of the trip and future off site stays, without having to worry about if/when Disney will allow FP+/MB for of site AP holders.

Doesn't the campground have MBs now too? If you're not actually planning to stay the night, but are willing to pay for it anyway, that might be the most cost-effective.

If you still have an active reservation on the day you arrive, (or up to three days prior, if you do the "early ticket pick-up) you can use your MB for park entrance, etc.

Have you actually seen this happen or have this confirmed somewhere? For AP holders?

The MB is never "dead" unless you physically deactivate it on MDE, I thought.

Doesn't the campground have MBs now too? If you're not actually planning to stay the night, but are willing to pay for it anyway, that might be the most cost-effective.

That is an interesting option, and not one that I had considered - I'll have a look in to that, thanks for the suggestion.

I guess there is still really a lot of uncertainty surrounding it all, it would just be so much simpler if they opened up the 'testing' phase to AP holders regardless of if they are staying on site or not... (wishful thinking I know!)

We were told at check-in that we had to "wake up" our MB by opening our room. Not sure what the "wake up" affects but I know we could not use our MB to access club level til our room was ready and we had opened the room with our MB. We had to use our KTTW card til we had woken the MB.
We did not have plans to go to a park that day so not sure how that would have worked.

This is only for the room key portion of your stay. Park access and FP+ redemption will work before you do this. If you have done on line check in and set up charging, it too will work before you enter your room the first time. Charging will no longer work after your official check out day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter