AP is dead - in memorial (rant)

I didn't get an AP so I could get room discounts. I got it so I could enter the parks a lot over a year. If I decide not to go to the parks so much I won't get one anymore.

How we miss getting an AP and making 4 trips....

:wizard: We purchased APs for the first time this year. When I called to speak with someone about purchasing then, the CM went on and on about all the perks I would get as an AP holder....she specifically said that AP holders got the best discounts first. Ummmm....that was just a few months ago....what happened? I'm disappointed in the amount of the discount offered but even more upset that even with that crappy discount there aren't any rooms available. What are the chances of more rooms opening up?

I can see what you're saying, but for my family it's still a better discount to go with the AP. We spend enough days in the parks over the year to make it very worthwhile financially. The AP room-only discount is also still a bit better than GP. For example, I just priced the GF in December and it's about $50 less per night for my AP discount over the GP discount. That saves me an extra $350 for the week. Plus I also use TIW for dining and my AP discount card when shopping. And I do a lot of shopping :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

I remember when I stayed at Pop Century in February 2012 for 35% off the room with my AP discount. That's why we got them again this year even though the discount was only 25% in February. We stayed 14 days in Feb and are staying 10 in October. I am so disappointed that there are no discounts left for my AP. They asked me on the phone if my dates were flexible (no because its a school holiday) and then the CM said "its only 5% more than GP." That ticked me off enough to write an email with my issues (not that it will help.)

That ticked me off enough to write an email with my issues (not that it will help.)

I think every bit of communication helps. I also wrote a letter a few months ago and received a call back from Disney communications. I knew just my letter wouldn't make an impact, but maybe if they receive enough letters.....

The thing that still sticks in my mind about our conversation is the CM telling me that Disney gambles with discounts/blackouts based on statistics of past crowds. My example being this last Easter which fell in later April (so a slower time than when Easter falls in late March/early April). There were rooms available at every single resort in every category that I was checking. For the heck of it, I checked value and moderate resorts too and those resorts also had plenty of empty rooms. The CM said Disney gambles that people will give up and book at the last minute. Well....that didn't happen this last Easter, and I was hoping my letter would at least warrant a flag for Disney to consider. The CM agreed with me that it used to be easier for people to pay rack rates when prices were lower. Thankfully, I booked a discount with cheaptickets, so at least I got a deal.

My family has been going to Disney faithfully since 1992, three to four times a year. Have always had AP. They are now only good if you use them for their purpose as admission to the parks. We no longer get the great discounts we use to. PIN numbers? What's that? We have only had one and never received any information about it, just happened to call to make reservations and had to ask. Our PIN was only for a stay at OKW. So that is where we stayed.

The free dining has been horrible for those of us who actually ate in the more expensive restaurants because we actually enjoyed them. Now we can hardly get reservations and if you think about it a lot of food gets wasted. Of course the original plan that you paid for included appetizer and dessert as well as gratuity. So although it still is a bargain for most, not as good as it once was.

The days of Walt's Disney World is long gone. It will be missed.

Also I got so tired of seeing the AP magnets on people's cars, my last trip I asked where I could buy one. I was told they were gifts to annual pass holders. I never received one. I had to write to Disney and ask why I did not get one. We have three passholders in my house and my mom who lives next door who is also a passholder didn't receive one either. They finally sent me ONE. FOUR PASSHOLDERS FOUR CARS ONE MAGNET??????????

Anyway Sorry for my long rant, Just feel like being a passholder is no big deal anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter