• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP holders.....

We live just outside Washington D.C., so about 950 miles from Disney.

We also bought a Tables in Wonderland card, which has saved us lots of money on TS meals.

Another DCer here! and a TiW member to boot ;)

We usually get our AP's in Sept and go 4 times on that one and then let them lapse for a few months then pick them up again.

Yup us too. We went for 8 days in Septmeber. We were supposed to go for 6 days in December (family emergency cut in down to 4 hours :headache:). 6 days next week and then probably 8 days next Sept before they expire. If we decided to risk December again, we will probably renew and get three trips out of the renewal.

How often do you go and how far away do you live from WDW? Hubby and I are going Sat-Wed and are considering taking the kids Thanksgiving week. Would it be worth it to buy AP?

We live 2.5 hours away and when we had AP we went about 8 times a year.... summer for a week and then 3 day weekends when the kids were off school and of course Thanksgiving and just before Christmas. APs expired Jan 2011 and didn't renew due to several family trips out of state in 2011 and 2012. Getting AP in June since DD is attending UCF in the fall. So, with her there will probably go once a month :woohoo:

We live in MA (about 1200 miles away) and go 4+ times a year for visits ranging from 2 - 7 nights each. Typically we get 20-30 days in the parks over the course of a year so the AP certainly pays off for us.

We live near Pittsburgh, I have no idea how far by car because we always fly. We will go 2-3 times per year, at least for a week each time. We are now considering a 3 day trip in late November, though. If we go that will have been our shortest trip.

I love in VA, about 14 hrs away. I go to disney 2-3 times a year. Once you get an AP, it seems to make you go more than you would otherwise just to use it.
Love it though.

This!

We live about a 24 hour drive away. We take trips that are usually a little longer than a week. We'll be purchasing our AP's next week.
We'll get 6 days out of them on this trip, and hopefully 8 days out of them in August. Those are the only two trips planned for now, but we will be getting at least another 8 days out of them on a trip before they expire in 2013. Probably in February. So 22 days out of the AP's for sure. That makes them a good deal for us. I feel like I am always thinking of where we could sneak in another trip now though!

We live in Louisville, Kentucky and go about 2-3 times a year (normally) at 6-7 days each.

We didn't renew our passes when they last expired because my wife is pregnant with our first child (woohoo!) so we will only make it down one time this year (boo!). We definitely plan on getting new annual passes next year though.

We live in PA and go 3x a year. We have been AP holders for the last 10yrs. Our passes expire in Jan which works out well for us as that is when we kick off the new year each and every time.

I'm certain a little math work will show you that 2 trips of more than 4 days that an AP is a saving. Add into that the saving if you get from the TIW card using it for all your meals where possible you can really benifit from APs.

I live in St.Louis, Missouri. 16hrs+(2days each way) or 2hr 15min. nonstop Flight (thank you SWA), I've done both. Last fall I decided to do F&W for the first time. I'll wind up with 4 trips off this AP -- '11 F&W(check), '12 Mars Premier at DHS {unplanned:rolleyes1}(check), '12 SWW 1st weekend planned {though not yet booked:coffee:}, '12 F&W planned {also not yet booked}.

We've had APs twice

First time we did 5 trips for a total of 41 days at Disney

This year we have 4 trips scheduled - 10 days Jan/ Feb trip; 6 days for the trip coming up; 10 days in September and another 10 days (probably) for the January 2013 trip.

We live in NC just north of Raleigh - it's normally a 10 hour drive door to door with good traffic.

I live 15 hours away and we got them last year , NEVER AGAIN!!!!! We went so many times i think we must of spend 15k on trips last year!

We live in Arizona, so 2000 miles as the 737/A330 flies….but we love WDW and planned three trips to make the AP worthwhile.

We have a trip in three days!

We will use the AP again in July 2012 and April 2013 (just prior to expiration with a cruise). We will also add the TIW card and take advantage of the 20% savings at table service restaurants. We calculated that for 3 adults and 1 child (4) we would only need two 5-7 day trips to come out ahead. This was not including the discounts associated with the AP. We hope for a room AP discount in April 2013 as a nice bonus!

Did I mention 3 days!!!
Mike :wizard: DW princess: DS (4) pirate: DMIL princess:

First visit 1976, last visit WDW 2/2010 BC CL and DL GC 12/2010, future WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, 7/2012 (off site meeting), 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!

We live near Pittsburgh, I have no idea how far by car because we always fly. We will go 2-3 times per year, at least for a week each time. We are now considering a 3 day trip in late November, though. If we go that will have been our shortest trip.

Ligonier is about 1000 miles to Orlando. I have been to the Valley Dairy many, many times. Don't know if it's still there or not.

I bought an Premier Annual Passport this past March, and I live up in Canada!
It gets me into all of WDW & DLR and the waterparks along with DQ and such. I honestly think it is a good deal, if you have a lot of trips planned. For me, I had one to DLR in March, one to WDW in April & Sept with Nov planned tentatively, along with DLR in Oct, so that alone made it worth it.

I do find that now I have the "well, if I can get a cheap flight and hotel, I already have the pass" which can kinda be a pain, but I've managed to stick to all my originally planned trips anyway. I do feel like they're worth it!

We live in NH (21ish hr drive or just under 3 hr direct flight) and will be getting AP this year after just our 1st trip of 7 nights back in Feb. During that trip I bought into DVC so we get a $100 discount on APs for each person. The vouchers are here already and we will activate them during our 13 night trip in December. Already have a May 2013 trip of 8 nights (along with a 3 night cruise) planned and once it gets a little closer will work on an October 2013 trip of at least a week. So for us DEFINITE money saver.

BTW in December we will do a meal plan because of blackout days on TIW while we are there but I am debating getting TIW starting with our May 2013 trip since we will get a discount on TIW as DVC and AP holders, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter